Voltage Modular Black Friday Sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
huggermugger

22 Nov 2022

Lots of modular goodies to be had, and some excellent prices. If you're just starting out, the Core Collection plus Electro Drums ($50) is an excellent deal. Also, the PSP Ultimate Collection ($49) is massive.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 8.34.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 8.34.44 AM.png (263.52 KiB) Viewed 240 times

rorystorm

23 Nov 2022

I really like voltage modular but even a simple monophonic set up maxes out my cpu

DaveyG

23 Nov 2022

Even though I am not really a modular kinda chap, or a hardcore synthesist, I do enjoy messing with Voltage Modular, much more so than with the back of the Reason rack, and more so than VCV.

My PC is far from cutting edge - a fast i5 with loads of RAM, but it copes with very large patches really well. Of course, the nature of modular is that you can just keep adding stuff until it doesn't cope.

The Cherry Audio bundles go on sale several times per year but this is the one time of year that you'll also find most of the third-party modules on proper sale and many can be had for a couple of dollars. And, of course, the VST of Voltage Modular sits nicely in the Reason Rack, although I much prefer using standalone. I don't so much think of it a music making as just playing with weird combinations. Sometimes the sampled output ends up in a track but mostly I just enjoy making noises.

• Information