New Modartt Classical Guitar modelled instrument VST

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
MuttReason

20 Nov 2022

Big Modartt fan here, I use the Pianoteq models (Rhodes and Steinway) a lot in Ableton Live when I'm not using RRP instruments (Chris Griffin's S73 is my favourite Rhodes REs in Reason, in fact one of my all time favourites).

Modartt have just launch v8 of the Pianoteq plugin, which comes with lots of different models. And for the first time, they've modelled an acoustic guitar as well as a range of keyboard instruments.

Check this out: https://www.modartt.com/guitar

I've just bought it. It's pretty stunning TBH. Best thing is this is all modelled in software - NOT streamed samples - so it takes very little hard drive space. It's the first classical guitar plugin I've used that sounds pretty much 100% convincing solo and isolated in a mix. Worth checking out if you're looking for a super realistic acoustic guitar sound (it sounds like a nylon string instrument but there are different modelling options that radically change the sound, I'm still checking these out).

Yonatan

21 Nov 2022

MuttReason wrote:
20 Nov 2022
Big Modartt fan here, I use the Pianoteq models (Rhodes and Steinway) a lot in Ableton Live when I'm not using RRP instruments (Chris Griffin's S73 is my favourite Rhodes REs in Reason, in fact one of my all time favourites).

Modartt have just launch v8 of the Pianoteq plugin, which comes with lots of different models. And for the first time, they've modelled an acoustic guitar as well as a range of keyboard instruments.

Check this out: https://www.modartt.com/guitar

I've just bought it. It's pretty stunning TBH. Best thing is this is all modelled in software - NOT streamed samples - so it takes very little hard drive space. It's the first classical guitar plugin I've used that sounds pretty much 100% convincing solo and isolated in a mix. Worth checking out if you're looking for a super realistic acoustic guitar sound (it sounds like a nylon string instrument but there are different modelling options that radically change the sound, I'm still checking these out).
Cool. Never tried pianoteq, looks interesting. At •standard” version one can choose 2 packs, besides this classicalmguitar, what more would you recommend? See there are quite a few free instruments as well.
Been on the search for modeling instruments. Some seem to be very cpu hungry but light on ram.
How is it with Madartt?

MuttReason

21 Nov 2022

IMO it’s a great plugin, v good customer support, super reliable. I have the Stage version which allows you to pick one of the packs (I went for the electric keys which include the Rhodes, Clavinet and Wurlitzer, all of which sound excellent). You can then buy additional models (I’ve bought Steinway D which is stunningly good and now the Guitar model which I also love using). There are also a bunch of other models included free with the Stage version.

In use it’s surprisingly light on CPU for what it does. Loads instantly and doesn’t really tax my computer at all (although TBF I have a 2018 iMac Pro which is a fairly powerful beast).

Heater

21 Nov 2022

I've got the Stage piano and it's got the Yamaha CP70 stage piano. It's awesome.

Yonatan

24 Nov 2022

You really sold thiis to me. Or tbh validated my impression of their site and demo sounds. They seem to be a devoted company. Cant wait to dive into this world. Might be more taxiing on my laptop but hey, I know my need to upgrade computer anytime before 2024.

• Information