FG-One Function Generator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
Worker 13

15 Nov 2022

The name of this Reason 12 Combinator is FG-One. This is an an attempt to replicate a vintage Function/Signal generator (the kind that would have been used at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop or by Stockhausen, etc.). This can be used as a free running sound source or you can press the KB Enable button and use it with players, midi, etc.
This uses free or stock modules:
Little IO CO Little LFO
Morfin Groovy Melon
Kilohearts Filter
Blamsoft Polymodular System
Video is here:

File is here:

This combinator can be freely modified, reused, repackaged or whatever.

crimsonwarlock

15 Nov 2022

Nice one. Not sure what I can use it for, but I grabbed it anyway :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Worker 13

15 Nov 2022

@crimsonwarlock: If you do drone or soundscape stuff, it might be useful for you. Sometimes I'll put Alligator after it and get some cool rhythmic stuff going.
Also, you can run it through Kilohearts Trance gate and Reverser and delay and get some interesting things.
On the other hand, if you don't like drones and soundscapes...it may end up in the file of unused and forgotten things.

crimsonwarlock

16 Nov 2022

It will certainly find its way into some music eventually. I like experimentation with sound, but unfortunately, I currently don't have that much time available to be in my studio. So it might be a while before I get to use it.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

dvdrtldg

27 Nov 2022

I love this! Lean mean drone machine. Thanks mate

Arpeg
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2022

nice device, thank you

moalla

11 Jan 2023

big bass bomb, solid work thanks
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information