Chord Sequencer 1.1 update now available (latest: 1.1.2)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PGR

08 Nov 2022

From the manual:

• 47 new chord sets
We've added a couple of new categories on the Chord Set menu too: "Folk & Acoustic" and "Latin".
• 28 new patches
• Chords can now be copied and pasted between chord pads in different patterns, using the Copy/Paste Chord
functions
• Clear Chord function for removing the chord from the selected chord pad
• You can now view and adjust the velocity offset of chords in the built-in sequencer
This offset matches what you get when playing with "MIDI to Velocity" on, with 100 = original velocity. (In the Velocity editing mode, you cannot move or resize notes.)
• In Edit mode, "Learn" is now a separate function
Turning this off allows you to create and edit notes on the keyboard display and audition them using your keyboard
or pad controller, without having to leave Edit mode.
• Chords can now be transposed in Edit mode
• Velocity of individual chord notes can be viewed and adjusted in Edit mode
• Clicking in the keyboard display in Edit mode will now output the corresponding MIDI note
• When you play MIDI notes to trigger chords, the played note is indicated above the keyboard display
• When you add chords to the "Empty" chord set, it is now shown as "Custom"
• The keyboard display now indicates the actual chords, including changes made by the Remove Bass, Add Root
and Octave settings
• The Root Note CV output on the rear panel now has an octave switch
• Select Chord CV Output added on back. By connecting this to the Select Chord CV Input on another Chord Sequencer, you can synchronize chord changes for multiple devices

stratatonic

08 Nov 2022

That's the biggest update Reason Studios has ever done for a device. There must have been a ton of complaints. Or it didn't sell very well.

This one is a nice fix, it annoyed the heck out of me when I tested Chord Sequencer out months ago:

• Clicking in the keyboard display in Edit mode will now output the corresponding MIDI note

Now, if Reason Studios could also put the same effort into adding some little workflow features in Reason 12 DAW...

huggermugger

08 Nov 2022

Wow, that's a huge improvement. Reason seems to realize that CS has great potential but also lags behind other chord/harmony VSTs. I wish they would take other Players this seriously, like DrumSequencer (more lanes, longer patterns, single note control) and DualArp (how about a SingleArp, with more than 4 notes),

Loque

08 Nov 2022

Wait... They updated an old device? Added features? Wtf?
Reason12, Win10

huggermugger

08 Nov 2022

The update didn't work for me. I updated to 1.1 thru the Authorizer (supposedly) and waited for the License to update. Then I booted Reason and I'm still seeing 1.0. Confirmed this in my Rack Extensions folder too. And some else has reported the issue on the FB page.

Tried a second time, still no joy. So I deleted the 1.0 version and downloaded 1.1.

Jackjackdaw

08 Nov 2022

All these improvements for the device I have little interest in and none anywhere else. 🙄

joeyluck

08 Nov 2022

huggermugger wrote:
08 Nov 2022
The update didn't work for me. I updated to 1.1 thru the Authorizer (supposedly) and waited for the License to update. Then I booted Reason and I'm still seeing 1.0. Confirmed this in my Rack Extensions folder too. And some else has reported the issue on the FB page.

Tried a second time, still no joy. So I deleted the 1.0 version and downloaded 1.1.
So did deleting it and reinstalling work for you?

Neo

08 Nov 2022

Cheers PGR/RS. Update worked fine here.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

-008'

08 Nov 2022

pretty big update for a player. playa! the root note octave switch is definitely welcome.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

EnochLight

08 Nov 2022

stratatonic wrote:
08 Nov 2022
That's the biggest update Reason Studios has ever done for a device. There must have been a ton of complaints. Or it didn't sell very well.
Counterpoint: it actually sold extremely well, was one of the most popular Player devices they've had in years, and they got a ton of feature requests - many of which they implemented in this free update! ;)

That Chord Sequencer ping-pong video hitting over a million likes may have had something to do with it was well...

:thumbup: :clap:

#armchair_ceo_fun
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

arnigretar

08 Nov 2022

Nice update! Haha -- and great video, Ryan! :clap:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Nov 2022

Awesome! They're following through on their promise to update released devices. Let's hope they do updates like this one on all their devices.

Video: is it just me, oe does Ryan have a cold?

Billy+

08 Nov 2022

Yay Ryan's back and what a video/update :clap: left me feeling all tingly like I received a
Raving Ryan Reach-around :lol:
But seriously don't invoke the mau5 or you'll wake up with a hole in the wall and he ain't cute ;)

Excellent update :thumbup: team (RB) ;) when's the sale.....

EnochLight

08 Nov 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Video: is it just me, oe does Ryan have a cold?
No, I picked up on that too. Been hearing his voice in promos for well over a decade, and he definitely sounded congested.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Chi-Individual

08 Nov 2022

This is by far my most used player. Now with this update reaching for it will be that much easier. Now my question is what will be this next new device we’re supposed to get before the end of the year. I’m already excited about it. Love Reason.

rgdaniel

08 Nov 2022

Great update! Also, love that Mallets patch from Loop Loft. Is that found somewhere in Reason's vast default loop collection, or if not does anyone know where I might get it? Loop Loft website is not specific about patch names (e.g. "Mallets 1 Big & Wet 65") included in their listed collections.

challism

08 Nov 2022

Wow! What an amazing update. Thanks RS!

Wouldn't it be great if this sort of thing happened to other RS devices? Let's hope.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MuttReason

08 Nov 2022

V happy with this. I use CS a lot (nope, I don’t need to learn music theory, I have that already, CS is just such a fast sketchpad that’s all!). These new features make it even more versatile.

Best thing though is seeing Ryan in action, using the Reason DAW and doing the kind of CV ninja stuff that is always awesome in his videos. Feels like the Reason of old is beginning to rise up again after a ropey year or so, this is back to the kind of enthusiasm around a product that now finally works as advertised. Yes I know some bugs left, and yes VST/M1 etc, but compared with the first few months after R12 launch? Night and day.

huggermugger

08 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
08 Nov 2022
huggermugger wrote:
08 Nov 2022

So did deleting it and reinstalling work for you?
YUP!

moneykube

08 Nov 2022

used authorizer reason 11suit, and the correct version installed no problem on Mac Catalina
( weirdly no indication of an update was listed on the reason studios site... I clicked the rack I owned listed as full price, so the shop said indicates it was something I didn't have on main page of plugins and racks... only when I clicked on the rack listed at full price, did I see the option to upgrade the rack) THESE QUIRKS IN THE SHOP NEED TO BE DEALT WITH... had I not read about it here I never would have know they updated it at all... thank you ReasonTalk .. Sync all does not catch the many updates happening like it did for many years in the past... you have to find the update ... usually they are listed as free until you click on it, and see THEN see it is a free update... this also comes with multiple racks that say free that I have, that have not been updated> but because I never know if they have been updated , I constantly have to check if they are updated or not ( in my opinion this is an unacceptable unnecessary waste of my time !... it becomes a pain to continually have to check for updates in this manner... in this case if did not even say free... it listed the full price> yet another new quirk :clap: . ) REASON STUDIOS fix your web page PLEASE... this has been going on for at least a year !
Last edited by moneykube on 08 Nov 2022, edited 3 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

homemadenoise

08 Nov 2022

The update and video was a nice surprise. The velocity workflow updates to me are great. Sometimes little things make a world of difference to me. I was alway sending notes to track and them messing with velocity. This is so much easier.

Creativemind

09 Nov 2022

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Yeah, they have done in the past (albeit sparingly) with the Dr.Octo.Rex, Europa and Combinator too. ;)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

buddard
RE Developer

09 Nov 2022

Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Yeah, they have done in the past (albeit sparingly) with the Dr.Octo.Rex, Europa and Combinator too. ;)
Don't forget Beat Map! In Reason 11.3 we added 2 additional maps + preset buttons for common pattern lengths.

RV7000 mkII was also a pretty big improvement with the addition of the convolution algorithm + custom IR loading.

• Information