Ivoks Tritone Refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2022

Ivoks came up in a thread recently with a new free update, so I decided to make a small refill with it. 34 patches. The categories are Bass, Melody and Random. No combinator patches.
Since Ivoks doesn't have an FX section, many of the patches will probably sound a little dry as is without any added reverb or delay.

Feel free to use the patches if you want.
Make sure that the mod wheel is NOT activated (if you play on a midi keyboard), or else you will ruin the patches completely. It should be set to zero.

I should add that I made the patches in 96 kHz. I noticed some patches sounded a bit different with other sample rates. I’m sure they’ll sound ok either way though.

Made a short demo showing some of the patches included. No added effects.

Attachments
Tritone Refill Ivoks.zip
(31.64 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 06 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

motuscott

05 Nov 2022

Thanks!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

moneykube

05 Nov 2022

thanks for adding to the Ivoks legacy ! :clap: :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2022

motuscott wrote:
05 Nov 2022
Thanks!
You’re welcome :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2022

moneykube wrote:
05 Nov 2022
thanks for adding to the Ivoks legacy ! :clap: :thumbs_up:
It was fun to revisit it. Hadn’t done much with it for a long time. And it was probably the first time I made my own patches with it.

modecca

08 Nov 2022

🔗💥

eusti

08 Nov 2022

Thank you!!! :)

D.

challism

08 Nov 2022

I'm downloading this now. Very excited to try it. If it's anything like your others, these will be incredible patches. Thanks for sharing!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2022

modecca wrote:
08 Nov 2022
I don't know how Bradley can't appreciate the sound of Ivoks squelchy filter. All I know is he must be in the minority. :puf_smile:
Nice to see you were able to create something with this little refill. It's got that Teflon flavor for sure. :thumbs_up:
Btw a couple of days ago I had to go back and listen to some of my old Teflon favorites: Truble on Jujment Day, Putting Spells on Your Wife and Locked Inside. I absolutely love these tracks and I always keep coming back to them. They all have this really cool sound collage character to them that I enjoy.

I kind of like that I've expanded my creativity lately, not only strictly focusing on writing songs but also to adding more sound design and patch making. My track Giant Space Squid is a good example of this, where I'm really trying to shape different sounds.
And very recently I've also gotten an interest in drawing and painting as well. Watching videos on art and stuff. Learning bits and pieces here and there. Just absorbing it all in. Right now I have barely no art skills whatsoever (which is to be expected in the beggining of course), but the interest and the engagement is there. So I'm hoping I'll stick to it and maybe in a couple of years I might have something decent. Right now it's all about having fun and exploring.
What I find interesting is that my recent interest in visual art has changed the way I view my own music. I'm able to draw parallels between the two artforms. And it's made me look at my own music in a more visual way. For example my recent song Frog Rituals is definitely affected by this view, where I felt more like I was painting the song. Being a begginer in the visual arts has also made me grow a new appreciation for all the knowledge I’ve gathered in music over the years.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 09 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2022

challism wrote:
08 Nov 2022
I'm downloading this now. Very excited to try it. If it's anything like your others, these will be incredible patches. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome. I couldn't tell you if these are better or worse than some of my other patches. But I've had the same mindset when I've done all of them. And that is to mess around until I stumble upon something I could see myself using or something that I simply find interesting.
Overall my patches aren't very complicated with layer after layer. They're all pretty basic.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2022

eusti wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Thank you!!! :)

D.
Hope there’s something useful in there.

modecca

09 Nov 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Nov 2022

I don't know how Bradley can't appreciate the sound of Ivoks squelchy filter. All I know is he must be in the minority. :puf_smile:
Nice to see you were able to create something with this little refill. It's got that Teflon flavor for sure. :thumbs_up:
Btw a couple of days ago I had to go back and listen to some of my old Teflon favorites: Truble on Jujment Day, Putting Spells on Your Wife and Locked Inside. I absolutely love these tracks and I always keep coming back to them. They all have this really cool sound collage character to them that I enjoy.

I kind of like that I've expanded my creativity lately, not only strictly focusing on writing songs but also to adding more sound design and patch making. My track Giant Space Squid is a good example of this, where I'm really trying to shape different sounds.
And very recently I've also gotten an interest in drawing and painting as well. Watching videos on art and stuff. Learning bits and pieces here and there. Just absorbing it all in. Right now I have barely no art skills whatsoever (which is to be expected in the beggining of course), but the interest and the engagement is there. So I'm hoping I'll stick to it and maybe in a couple of years I might have something decent. Right now it's all about having fun and exploring.
What I find interesting is that my recent interest in visual art has changed the way I view my own music. I'm able to draw parallels between the two artforms. And it's made me look at my own music in a more visual way. For example my recent song Frog Rituals is definitely affected by this view, where I felt more like I was painting the song. Being a begginer in the visual arts has also made me grow a new appreciation for all the knowledge I’ve gathered in music over the years.
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2022

modecca wrote:
09 Nov 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Nov 2022

All of a sudden I feel an urge to make an album full of marching music. :puf_smile:

Yeah the whole topic of studying a subject carefully vs just getting in there without any guidelines or schooling whatsoever is interesting. I think both ways can yield very different results, both negative and positive in their own ways. If you follow "the rules" too strictly it can become very stiff and predictable. I think a lot can be learned by just trial and error too. You don't necessarily need to learn about all the concepts/rules/fundamentals and all that stuff right away. Doing things more freely can add a playful and more innocent style to art. Typically we figure out what works and doesn't work over time anyway just by pure experience. I initially did more of a "I'm not gonna study and just get in there and see what happens" approach to the art thing, but pretty soon I realized just how limited I am technically. It's one thing to have a cool creative idea, but if I don't have the actual skill or knowledge to execute it I won't get very far. I think for me, studying more properly will get me the results I want faster. I'll probably do a mix of the two though. I will say that even if what I paint/draw now isn't very good as a finished product, there can still be certain aspects here and there that I like. So it's not impossible that 3-4 years from now I'll go back to my old drawings, take ideas from them and just execute them better. And when I say "better" I don't necessarily mean technically more advanced. But typically with time you learn how to execute an idea better, getting the point across in a more effective way.

I can see how my comment about liking your old music might come across negatively, but I don't see it that way. We change all the time. And there's no point in trying to recreate what we did in the past. As artists I think we're naturally always more excited about our most recent stuff. And even though I like the music I do now, if I had to pick 3 songs of my entire catalog to show to a stranger I probably would go back a couple of years. There's also a difference in what songs I find most interesting and what I imagine other people like the most. I like when I manage to create something new that I've never done before. But I don't think the avarage listener gives two shits about that.

modecca

19 Nov 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Nov 2022

All of a sudden I feel an urge to make an album full of marching music. :puf_smile:
I was thinking today that "reptiles revenge" makes use of marching music.

I wanted to see if I could make a cable promo just using your ivoks refill:

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2022

modecca wrote:
19 Nov 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Nov 2022

I was thinking today that "reptiles revenge" makes use of marching music.

I wanted to see if I could make a cable promo just using your ivoks refill:

Cool. :D :thumbs_up: It's nice to see my little refill coming to good use.

Oh yeah you're right. Reptiles Revenge has some of that marching music influence. Come to think of it I have an EPs worth of music with that sort of snare drum marching type of sound. Reptiles Revenge, Megasaur, Desert Strike and Giant. :puf_smile:

littlejam

20 Nov 2022

hello,

wanted to say thanks / mahalos for the ivoks refill

the 'rogers cable video' was an interesting watch and fun
congrats to modecca

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

modecca

20 Nov 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Nov 2022

I'm also trying to put together the last 8-9 years of music making into some sort of albums/releases
I think the effort to package your work into an album makes alot of sense. I sense a world of inspiration just in the recent album alone.

littlejam wrote:
20 Nov 2022

the 'rogers cable video' was an interesting watch and fun
congrats to modecca

Thanks J.
I did another "one of these" with this refill, that focused more on the Ivoks retro-futuristic filter.

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2022

littlejam wrote:
20 Nov 2022
hello,

wanted to say thanks / mahalos for the ivoks refill
You're welcome. I hope there's something useful in it. :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2022

modecca wrote:
20 Nov 2022
I did another "one of these" with this refill, that focused more on the Ivoks retro-futuristic filter.

Nice. Just curious, how much of these sounds are processed with effects? I've found in several of your videos you have a nice lo-fi sound. Like a warm saturated sound. Do you have a particular process to achieve that? Or perhaps some favorite devices for that kind of thing?

• Information