New year challenge

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Popey
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2022

I like challenges as many know and thought I would propose a new year challenge when we create a track and share it when you enter into 2023 (at whichever timezone this means for you).

Minimal rules other than reason daw or reason devices should be used at least once.

Any genre, any length of song. Just a fun challenge. No prizes other than the fun of creating.

Songs to be posted as near to new year as possible (as appreciate some, myself perhaps included might be out at that exact times).

Be good to roll into 2023 hearing tunes from the rt community.

Comment below if you think you may have time to take part 😊

Steedus
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2022

I'm about to finally mark a project as "finished" so I might get in on this. But this is coming up to the busy time at work so we'll see!

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2022

Steedus wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022
I'm about to finally mark a project as "finished" so I might get in on this. But this is coming up to the busy time at work so we'll see!
Sounds cool. No pressure as appreciate work or life can provide curve balls for everyone but look forward to listening should time allow.

Jagwah

28 Oct 2022

Great idea for a challenge, I plan to be really in the swing of things by then so I hope to join this one!!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2022

Nice to see a new challenge Popey.
Might join in.
There are quite a few REs I want to explore further so might make something with that. We'll see.

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2022

Jagwah wrote: ↑
28 Oct 2022
Great idea for a challenge, I plan to be really in the swing of things by then so I hope to join this one!!
Cool, look forward to hearing your track if you get time πŸ‘

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2022
Nice to see a new challenge Popey.
Might join in.
There are quite a few REs I want to explore further so might make something with that. We'll see.
No worries and be good if you have time to enter. Just thought this deadline gives people time to work on something and fingers crossed this thread has a interesting playlist for the new year.

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2023

Well I failed miserably getting a track finished in time due to complications at work eating into my leave. Will still post here when done as its about 80% made.

Glad no one else posted so I did not let the side down πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2023

Popey wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2023
Well I failed miserably getting a track finished in time due to complications at work eating into my leave. Will still post here when done as its about 80% made.

I didn't have much time for writing any new music either. Been busy changing job. The little time that I have spent on music has been on putting my albums of all my old music together.

I would like to return to an unfinished song pretty soon. A song I started for one of those Word of the month challenges about a year ago. The word was "Memories"

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2023

finished this. Probably needs a bit more cleaning up but at least i got something finished by new years day

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2023
01 Jan 2023

I didn't have much time for writing any new music either. Been busy changing job. The little time that I have spent on music has been on putting my albums of all my old music together.

I would like to return to an unfinished song pretty soon. A song I started for one of those Word of the month challenges about a year ago. The word was "Memories"
I remember that track and it gives very strong prodigy vibes. I would love to hear the finished version.

DaveyG

02 Jan 2023

01 Jan 2023

You should have entered. You'd have been a winner!

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2023

DaveyG wrote: ↑
02 Jan 2023
01 Jan 2023

You should have entered. You'd have been a winner!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Winner winner, chicken dinner

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2023

I completely forgot :redface: Honestly though with my work (in the Retail space) Christmas / New Year kinda just feel like any other day, as I don't get any time off.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2023

Steedus wrote: ↑
04 Jan 2023
I completely forgot :redface: Honestly though with my work (in the Retail space) Christmas / New Year kinda just feel like any other day, as I don't get any time off.
I may have done too if I hadn't been the Op πŸ˜‚

I know what you mean about working over Xmas/new year too as I had to ensure cover(emergency services sector).

• Information