These few Combinator suggestions would be cool!!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Heigen5

29 Oct 2022

Hi, combiv2 is good, but these few things would be very awesome to be included too.

1) A way to mirror a patch loader of the instruments into the frontside. So we could load new instrument patches while retaining all the other settings and devices of the combi-patch.
2) A way to mirror step-sequencer/s to the frontside to be able to quickly build drum sequences as example.

These two ideas would make it possible to build some cool stuff even in a bigger way, than thus far.
Whaddya think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Maybe one way for this would be, that the frontside step-sequencer would work with a 'Gate'? (Or a new kind of a "mirror-gate" thingy?)
Or if the Props would build a new step sequencing-module, that you'd then use inside the combi and COULD be mirrored to the frontside as well.

And the patch loader idea might need an upgrade to the combi2 but also for all the native patch browsers?
And maybe for the RE-SDK too then?
Last edited by Heigen5 on 29 Oct 2022, edited 4 times in total.

FGL

29 Oct 2022

Good Ideas

FGL

29 Oct 2022

Good Ideas
Last edited by FGL on 29 Oct 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Heigen5

29 Oct 2022

FGL wrote:
29 Oct 2022
Good Ideas

Cheers & Thanks!

I added some additional information to the first post about this. :puf_smile:

FGL

29 Oct 2022

Why are there two similar posts? I delete one oft this but it still exists.

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2022

I like the idea, but mirror the drum sequence... I can't see it...
Could you post a photoshop of your idea??
I'm not sure I got the right idea about it...
You mean redrum buttons?? Ability to change color for example to multiple states??

Heigen5

30 Oct 2022

Re8et wrote:
29 Oct 2022
You mean redrum buttons?? Ability to change color for example to multiple states??
Not making a mockup right now, maybe later on, but... Simply put, I wish the Props would make a new fully featured step-sequencer that is integrated into the combi2. So you could add/route it to a sampler as example, inside the combi, and could mirror that to the frontside too. The features could be some of these: 4x 16 steps, i.e. a way to run 4 instances of 16 steps like one of the Players can. Also a cv-curve per every step like in the Thor too, so we could build some filter changes per every step etc. Actually I'd like this step-sequencer taking all the biggest features from all the other ones and put them into an one device. Key midi-trigger too please, so you could press and hear the sequences, without a need to play your song. Audio out for every sound would also rock hard. And yeah, you'd then mirror that beauty to the front + you could map some extra functions with the single knobs, buttons and faders to the max sized combi as well. Hope this made some sense to you now. :cool:

Edit: And the CV part of this step-sequencer would require a mod-matrix though, but I'd make it foldable so it wouldn't take any extra space.

Also, I'd want a Redrum kind of decay/gate and we'd then be able to radical cut samples. Velocity should be 0-127, not only 3 variables.

Edit2: Well the step-sequencer would have a dropdown menu, (obviously), for every step, whereas we pick a note of choice for every step then, as example C1 etc.

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
30 Oct 2022
Re8et wrote:
29 Oct 2022
Not making a mockup right now, maybe later on, but... Simply put, I wish the Props would make a new fully featured step-sequencer that is integrated into the combi2. So you could add/route it to a sampler as example, inside the combi, and could mirror that to the frontside too. The features could be some of these: 4x 16 steps, i.e. a way to run 4 instances of 16 steps like one of the Players can. Also a cv-curve per every step like in the Thor too, so we could build some filter changes per every step etc. Actually I'd like this step-sequencer taking all the biggest features from all the other ones and put them into an one device. Key midi-trigger too please, so you could press and hear the sequences, without a need to play your song. Audio out for every sound would also rock hard. And yeah, you'd then mirror that beauty to the front + you could map some extra functions with the single knobs, buttons and faders to the max sized combi as well. Hope this made some sense to you now. :cool:

Edit: And the CV part of this step-sequencer would require a mod-matrix though, but I'd make it foldable so it wouldn't take any extra space.

Also, I'd want a Redrum kind of decay/gate and we'd then be able to radical cut samples. Velocity should be 0-127, not only 3 variables.

Edit2: Well the step-sequencer would have a dropdown menu, (obviously), for every step, whereas we pick a note of choice for every step then, as example C1 etc.
Well... yes... there could go several new ways a combi 3.0...
Algorytm style panels, Thor and Kong modules style panels..

Something like this?? It's a 1U Combi 2.0 Redrum sequencer using AS-16 Analog Sequencer.
I could not make it work without. Maybe the PSQ1684 could also work. Redrum, or Thor, can not assign
buttons easily (Redrum is possible with the gates, so it could be done without AS-16)

What would you think? It could be possible to choose also instrument on the same sequencer in the same combinato already
Or a sequencer module would work totally different and if so in which ways??

Sorry, trying to understand your ideas, and implement them. Still a mockery could be useful....

I tried to make an actual Combi 2.0 Patch. Here is
the thread where to download it.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7529794&p=622254#p622254

• Information