500 Soundpacks

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Aosta

22 Oct 2022

Just got an email informing me that soundpacks have reached the 500 mark. I'm not an R12/+ user and I'm wondering how useful all these soundpacks have been? Personally it sounds like a massive headache of chaos keeping track of so many if you have grabbed even just a 5th of the amount.
Tend the flame

jam-s

22 Oct 2022

The headache comes from not being able to select multiple of those to quickly download them.

QVprod

23 Oct 2022

I doubt many are downloading all of them. But it’s a nice repository of patches if you happen to be looking for a particular sound.

jam-s

23 Oct 2022

But to have the repository of patches still available after your subscription ends you'd have to download them all. ;)

rsnsnds

24 Oct 2022

At least are they well categorized, I mean, if one is looking for a particular sound is it easy to find ?

QVprod

24 Oct 2022

jam-s wrote:
23 Oct 2022
But to have the repository of patches still available after your subscription ends you'd have to download them all. ;)
I'd imagine the people who want this benefit would continue to subscribe. The subscriptions don't expire. Besides, until we get a tagged search in the browser, there's really no alternative even if you do download everything.

arnigretar

25 Oct 2022

I have around 80 packs--used quite of them. Most of the time it's great to see the routings and get ideas from how the patch is built.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

jam-s

25 Oct 2022

QVprod wrote:
24 Oct 2022
I'd imagine the people who want this benefit would continue to subscribe. The subscriptions don't expire. Besides, until we get a tagged search in the browser, there's really no alternative even if you do download everything.
I think you can simply move the packs from their default install location and organize them in way which suits you to emulate tagging (or at least categories). It's not like that content simply disappears if one was no longer an active subscriber to R+ (while some of the used REs of course might go missing).

QVprod

25 Oct 2022

jam-s wrote:
25 Oct 2022
QVprod wrote:
24 Oct 2022
I think you can simply move the packs from their default install location and organize them in way which suits you to emulate tagging (or at least categories). It's not like that content simply disappears if one was no longer an active subscriber to R+ (while some of the used REs of course might go missing).
Aside from the incredible amount of work that would be to set up. That’s how the FSB is currently with the current version of the “smart browser”. It’s not the same experience as a tagged browser at all. Native Instruments products like Maschine and Komplete Kontrol do this pretty well

jam-s

25 Oct 2022

QVprod wrote:
25 Oct 2022
Aside from the incredible amount of work that would be to set up. That’s how the FSB is currently with the current version of the “smart browser”. It’s not the same experience as a tagged browser at all. Native Instruments products like Maschine and Komplete Kontrol do this pretty well
I know. I really wish they'd rip out the browser and replace it basically with the interface from Loopcloud (version 5 or even their current AI based one). Instead of (or in addition to) the store they could also include the packs there.

QVprod

25 Oct 2022

jam-s wrote:
25 Oct 2022
QVprod wrote:
25 Oct 2022
I know. I really wish they'd rip out the browser and replace it basically with the interface from Loopcloud (version 5 or even their current AI based one). Instead of (or in addition to) the store they could also include the packs there.
Forgot about Loopcloud! That was a pretty good experience for sample browsing as well. The new Waves one is pretty good too.

They already have the patches set up in categories. Just a matter of them doing the rest of the work eventually.

Billy+

25 Oct 2022

How much better is the search in R12 compared to R11? (And I'm not talking about speed but actually better )

QVprod

25 Oct 2022

Billy+ wrote:
25 Oct 2022
How much better is the search in R12 compared to R11? (And I'm not talking about speed but actually better )
Noticeably better. Finds things easier. But nothing I’d consider a huge deal

Rising Night Wave

02 Dec 2022

yuhey. finaly some interesting (for me/my taste) pack: Big Room Techno from UndrGrnd Sounds. cool.

I don't want to be a discriminator: but most of the packages are anything but techno or tech-house. damn, like techno or tech-house does not exist.

common Reason Studios: more raw and underground sounds!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

va3rwt

06 Apr 2023

I had learn so much from the packs Reason is very powerful
in sound designing and seeing other ideas and how its built.
there are some really talent people

PhillipOrdonez

06 Apr 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
02 Dec 2022
yuhey. finaly some interesting (for me/my taste) pack: Big Room Techno from UndrGrnd Sounds. cool.

I don't want to be a discriminator: but most of the packages are anything but techno or tech-house. damn, like techno or tech-house does not exist.

common Reason Studios: more raw and underground sounds!
Yes more techno and tech house packs!

If you search "techno" in companion you get a bunch of results. Most undrgrndsounds packs have sounds you can use in techno.

More, RS!

Rising Night Wave

27 May 2023

this new italo disco reason+ pack is awesome!

when i was young i liked italo disco a lot.
my father had around 300 MCs (tape cassettes) all with disco/italo disco.
i adored that music. still, nowadays, after 40 years i am listening to this music.

thumbs up.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 May 2023

When I was subscribed it felt like 80% of them were Trap kits and 808s

Rising Night Wave

29 May 2023

baaa! Adam Fielding totally nailed it with this "Objekt - Nocturnal Landscapes" pack.
damn it rocks! thank you Adam.

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 May 2023

jam-s wrote:
22 Oct 2022
The headache comes from not being able to select multiple of those to quickly download them.
Or having a good sound library and soundpack manager.

adfielding

29 May 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
29 May 2023
baaa! Adam Fielding totally nailed it with this "Objekt - Nocturnal Landscapes" pack.
damn it rocks! thank you Adam.
Thanks! Glad you're liking it :)

I was just checking out the Italo Disco sound pack and was going to say I had no idea Michael Oakley was doing sound packs now, that's awesome!
Steedus wrote:
28 May 2023
When I was subscribed it felt like 80% of them were Trap kits and 808s
Yeah, I think those bases are covered. I've been trying to focus on stuff that hasn't been done already but, with 500 packs out there, it's hard!

Aosta

29 May 2023

adfielding wrote:
29 May 2023
I've been trying to focus on stuff that hasn't been done already but, with 500 packs out there, it's hard!
Just a quick jump in,
Do you have any plans to release an Objekt refill for us non R+ non soundpackers?
Instabuy from me if it is a possibility :thumbup:
Tend the flame

adfielding

29 May 2023

Aosta wrote:
29 May 2023
adfielding wrote:
29 May 2023
I've been trying to focus on stuff that hasn't been done already but, with 500 packs out there, it's hard!
Just a quick jump in,
Do you have any plans to release an Objekt refill for us non R+ non soundpackers?
Instabuy from me if it is a possibility :thumbup:
Sadly not - personally speaking, the returns from putting out a ReFill just aren’t worth the amount of time and effort involved in putting together a full ReFill.

Sannagron

30 May 2023

Adam also made a video about the Objekt patches in the latest Sound Pack:

:thumbup:

Aosta

02 Jun 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
27 May 2023
this new italo disco reason+ pack is awesome!

when i was young i liked italo disco a lot.
my father had around 300 MCs (tape cassettes) all with disco/italo disco.
i adored that music. still, nowadays, after 40 years i am listening to this music.

thumbs up.
You might find this interesting ;)

Tend the flame

• Information