MuRFA24 / Multi Resonance Filter Array (Turn2on)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

21 Oct 2022

MuRFA24 is an actual look at the very rare and special device, custom-made by “Formula Sound” for sound producer and musician Patrick Gleeson as one exclusive unit. Later, “Formula Sound” (TM) changed the faceplate and ran it in series.
In theory, this device is similar to the Woog String Filter (look to our STRNGFLT rack extension), but with more tweakable possibilities and greatly expanded. This device was designed by R.A. WOOG and produced under the brand “FORMULA SOUND” (TM) in the 70s.
The original Multiple Resonance Filter Array 24 device is a fixed-frequency 24 band filter array. It allows you to simulate the natural resonances of an acoustic chamber (like a violin or other stringed instruments).

MuRFA24 audio processor is a 24 fixed-frequency band filter array. The device radically changes the sound, but less radically than a standard low-pass filter. Incoming signals are fed through 24 steep band-pass filters at various fixed frequencies.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -array-24/

Each of the fixed-frequency bands can be assigned to one or both of the audio outputs (Left. Right, or Left & Right) by bus selector switches. When all the faders of resonance levels are down, the device is fully silent. If various frequency faders are raised, that frequency becomes audible.
The Resonance shift knob, in pair with the Drive knob, allows you to change the overall harmonic tone of the selected frequencies.
MuRFA24 has all 3 the original device modulation modes (Direct, X-Fade, X-Pan), but has one extra mode, X-WIDTH (bandwidth modulation between the fixed-frequency bands). Modulation is one of the beatiful and creative part of the effect, that help to modulate in various ways all 24-bands.
Creating musical expressiveness, the original device was created specifically for the musician Patrick Gleason, and later went into series as very special effect with various modulations of resonated filter array

MuRFA24 is a flexible and modern audio processor, a rare and exclusive audio effect, designed in the earliest era of audio processing in the synthesizer industry.
Try out today the legend from the era of early audio processing from the Moogish synthesis world with flexible and modern features.

Original device, designed by Bob Moog, produced by Formula Sound:

rorystorm

21 Oct 2022

super cool

rorystorm

21 Oct 2022

Lots of Shiney new rack extensions and the Tory party devouring itself from the feet up. I haven't had so much fun in ages.

motuscott

22 Oct 2022

What Would Liz Truss Use?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2022

motuscott wrote:
22 Oct 2022
Truss rod.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rorystorm

22 Oct 2022

MrFigg wrote:
22 Oct 2022
motuscott wrote:
22 Oct 2022
Truss rod.
Butt Truss.

ANYWAY... apologies for derailing a thread about a really good device!

rorystorm

22 Oct 2022

Matt Truss.

Sorry, sorry!

moalla

22 Oct 2022

A real especial resonator effect, compared it a little bit with sweeper and would say its nice for throaty sounding basses, but i don´t know how often such a effect is usefull for me!? But for a mercury 4 funk bass for example it´s complicated to get a sound out of it what is not to much for normal speaker systems, looking for the holy grail in sound design :lol:

Turn2on it´s your mission to give us real especial effects as RE, that´s really nice, I like your work and i see this formula filter array 24 plug offers much more than the vintage resonator in cherry audios voltage modular who sounds similiar to me.

In conclusion with the khs resonator it´s miles over it in sound quality, maybe not comparable but as last effect for a bassimilus kick after smfx delay and smfx saturator it can give you a real interessting mudy sound , when you cut most frequency bands up to 520hz around 50% and with a resonant shift +40.
So the delayed kick with some saturation gets at the end a real nice larynx voice, with 50% more mids, what gives the kick two or three times more presence, and fits the loudness problems in the mix.

CRACKER DEVICE

I´m really attached and consider to buying it, maybee on of the best sounding effects for Reason :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

MuttReason

22 Oct 2022

Bought. Sounds great. Different vibe to anything else in my virtual FX rack, it’s pretty funky and can get wild fast. But in a good way. Nice one Turn2on, good job.

WasteLand

28 Oct 2022

a suprise, this RE, me like resonator banks, and this one is quite, well, good!

great, the first thing i did, because i was working on it, use it on drums, or better Noise Engineering Manis.. must explore further, great RE! and for that price!
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

littlejam

30 Oct 2022

hello,

just picked up the MuRFA24

gonna try putting it into the 'master chain' bus thing

thank you very much and trick or treat candy melt

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

turn2on
RE Developer

08 Nov 2022

Thanks to all!) Nice to hear users feedback.

Specially for moalla
We try to reproduce Polymoog Resonators with new RE: POLYRES
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7529905

This is a really small but useful utility for sound reconstruction with triple peaks activity of resonated filters, each with own freq ranges.

crimsonwarlock

16 Dec 2022

turn2on wrote:
16 Dec 2022
MuRFA24 update v. 1.1.1:
YES YES YES.... I was waiting for this one :puf_bigsmile:

Your release speed keeps impressing me :clap:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

16 Dec 2022

Nice to have patch saving/loading now. And a perfect spot was available for patch interface from the last version. Thanks MIke!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

turn2on
RE Developer

06 Feb 2023

MuRFA24 UPDATE 1.1.3:

Bugfix: Modulation Speed in Hz mode, now works correct in range 0,01Hz - 100 Hz (was been 0,1 - 10 Hz before)

Murf
RE Developer

24 Feb 2023

Such a cool name :)

• Information