[Drum 'n' Bass] INDKATR - Unravel (99% WIP)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
dan_g

19 Oct 2022

Hi There,

posted no new music for a long time. here is what i am currently working on. this and other tracks will go on an EP for my INDKATR Project.

i would say its 99% done. i just wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

arrangement wise i tried something non standard. so there is a build and a first drop but then its two shorter breaks. idea was to not loose to much energy when slowing down.

br,
daniel
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2022

Cool tune that drop hits really hard and sounds so nice.

Feedback wise I thought the arrangement was good and only thing imo that stood out would be to look at the vocal around1:58 and synth pad at2:29 as for me they seemed to overpower/mask the percussion and breaks a bit too much for my personal taste. That said it is a wip so really look forward to hearing the final track.

Will you be posting the final version in this thread?

dan_g

21 Oct 2022

Thx for the Input Popey.

i worked on it a bit more. now i sidechained the whole synth bus with the vocals. and did some volume adjustments for the breakdowns. also the outro has changed a bit now.

minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2022

dan_g wrote:
21 Oct 2022
Thx for the Input Popey.

i worked on it a bit more. now i sidechained the whole synth bus with the vocals. and did some volume adjustments for the breakdowns. also the outro has changed a bit now.

Sweet 👍 sounds wicked

aeox
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2022

dan_g wrote:
19 Oct 2022
Hi There,

posted no new music for a long time. here is what i am currently working on. this and other tracks will go on an EP for my INDKATR Project.

i would say its 99% done. i just wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

arrangement wise i tried something non standard. so there is a build and a first drop but then its two shorter breaks. idea was to not loose to much energy when slowing down.

br,
daniel
Very nice :)

aeox
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2022

Popey wrote:
19 Oct 2022
Cool tune that drop hits really hard and sounds so nice.

Feedback wise I thought the arrangement was good and only thing imo that stood out would be to look at the vocal around1:58 and synth pad at2:29 as for me they seemed to overpower/mask the percussion and breaks a bit too much for my personal taste. That said it is a wip so really look forward to hearing the final track.

Will you be posting the final version in this thread?
Agreed on the vocal at 1:58-2:05

The vocal is too low of a frequency to meld with the rest of the mix.

Possibly if the volume was lower it may work

dan_g

16 Nov 2022

so i did so much work on this already its crazy. but i can't stop working on it. maybe im too far out with this one.

here is it after a long session yesterday evening/night.

• Information