Reverse scroll/swipe zoom direction

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
timkelty

14 Oct 2022

At least according to Mac defaults in any app I can think of, Reason's horizontal and vertical scroll zoom are backward.

In any app I can think of with scroll zoom (Photoshop, GarageBand, Logic, video production apps), it is always:

X: 2 finger swipe left = zoom IN, 2 finger swipe right = zoom OUT
X: 2 finger swipe up = zoom IN, 2 finger swipe down = zoom OUT

This makes much more sense with the default "natural scrolling" direction.

In addition, I find the the sensitivity of the zoom so high that it is practically unusable for me.

Coming from Logic, this drives me nuts.

Anyone else? Or anyone have a solution?

EnochLight

14 Oct 2022

timkelty wrote:
14 Oct 2022
At least according to Mac defaults in any app I can think of, Reason's horizontal and vertical scroll zoom are backward.

In any app I can think of with scroll zoom (Photoshop, GarageBand, Logic, video production apps), it is always:

In addition, I find the the sensitivity of the zoom so high that it is practically unusable for me.

Reason would need to be optimized for a touch-screen interface to start, and it's not at all. You might start with that as a feature request! :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

14 Oct 2022

I too experience zooming in Reason as way too sensitive with a track pad. As for zooming gestures, I've recently been learning LUNA and prefer it's "pinch to zoom" interface which makes more sense than any "direction" based gesture if only because it is more literally what you see on the screen.
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

14 Oct 2022

Ahhhh right - I forgot about you Mac peeps and your touch-pads. My bad!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

timkelty

14 Oct 2022

EnochLight wrote:
14 Oct 2022
timkelty wrote:
14 Oct 2022

Reason would need to be optimized for a touch-screen interface to start, and it's not at all. You might start with that as a feature request! :thumbup:
For the sensitivity, yes. The scroll direction isn't necessarily touch-specific, as many mice have horiz scroll wheels as well.

• Information