News from Noise Engineering: free REs, new/updated REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bharris22

30 Nov 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
30 Nov 2021
bharris22 wrote:
30 Nov 2021
I have Basimilus Iteritas Vereor in my account from a previous NE bundle purchase. If I understand everything in this thread correctly, I should receive a new, additional license for the new Basimilus - is that right?
No, BI Vereor is a separate product. Only Basimilus Iteritas (which was in Synth Bundle 1) owners get the new version. However, if you have Synth Bundle 2, you own Cursus Iteritas Vereor, which means you should have gotten a license for Cursus Vereor.
Understood - thanks!

FatJ

01 Dec 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
30 Nov 2021

Gotta say, I'm partly in agreement with whoever said (unnecessarily nastily) that these REs need less esoteric names
You're not alone. I find their naming scheme confusing and the new REs are making things worse. I also don't like their GUI style so maybe their products are not for me. Great that there are some freebies though.

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2021

So we got two Basimilus now?
That's cool!!

BRIGGS

01 Dec 2021

Re8et wrote:
01 Dec 2021
So we got two Basimilus now?
That's cool!!
3 :puf_smile:
r11s

integerpoet

06 Dec 2021

FatJ wrote:
01 Dec 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
30 Nov 2021
Gotta say, I'm partly in agreement with whoever said (unnecessarily nastily) that these REs need less esoteric names.
You're not alone. I find their naming scheme confusing and the new REs are making things worse.
Are you two saying you are not fluent in Latin? Why the hell not? Some people.

moneykube

06 Dec 2021

:thumbup: weirdly named racks + patches>>>> make you think :lightbulb: and/or research :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

ksniod

05 Feb 2022

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
Greetings!
We at Noise Engineering have been busy and we bring forth news.
  • Free! We have three new FREE Rack Extensions available now in the shop. Some of you asked for these when we were in beta on our VST plugin version of these products. Since we are only licensed to produce VST3 products, they were not Reason compatible. Today we change that and you have RE versions that are made especially for the RE ecosystem. These include two synths (Sinc Vereor and Virt Vereor), and our multidistortion, Ruina. Get them at the Noise Engineering page in the shop.
    https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ngineering
  • New / Improved! We also announce three new and/or improved REs to the shop today.
    1. Basimilus, a new-and-improved version of our flagship synth. Made initially as a universal drum synth, Basimilus is absolutely stand out as leads, pads, basses...you name it.
    2. Cursus Vereor, another new-and-improved synth that can be shaped to create gentle plucks and pads but excels at organic and synthetic basses and aggressive tones.
    3. Desmodus, our reverb extension, but don't think of this as a room emulator. Turn your sound from a beautiful clocked delay to a shimmering reverb to an uncanny, nightmarish atmosphere.

Since our Rack Extensions come from Euroack modules, they are created with the intention of being modulated. They slot into the Reason ecosystem beautifully.
  • If you already own some of the NE REs, you may notice that a couple of familiar names have an updated look and a slightly different sound. You should be getting the new versions as free upgrades shortly! They are named differently and will NOT replace the old versions in your rack. The core functionality will be the same, but in some corner cases, you'll find the products sound slightly different, and we think, better.

EDIT for clarification: if you own Basimilus Iteritas, you will get Basimilus.
    If you own Cursus Iteritas Vereor, you will get Cursus Vereor.
    Sinc Iter Vereor is replaced by the free Sinc Vereor (available to everyone).

The Reason Shop folks are working on this and will get to it as soon as possible.

If you don't own these yet, they are on sale now, 50% off, through the end of November! Bundle page coming soon (sale also applies to that). Get them at the Noise Engineering page in the shop.
    https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ngineering
  • But why?
    Here at NE, we have gotten a lot of requests for plugin versions of our products, and we're working to honor that. So here's our attempt at complete transparency about our process. As we created plugins, we realized it was a good time to give the Rack extensions a bit of an update and make them better, but also align our production pipeline so that we can more effectively release products in both worlds. We're working to align the plugin and Reason bundles. It will be a few months / releases of awkwardness while we do this, but we will never take away an existing RE you have, and will work with the shop to get you improved versions as long as they let us. This does not count as an update (that would replace the old version), so it's a bit of a process, so this may be slow at times, but we are working on this.
I have long said we wanted to get back to making Rack Extensions. The Reason audience is fantastically supportive and we can't thank you enough, so consider this step one to doing that. We have a very long list of things we want to accomplish in this space and we're just getting started.

Finally, this release would not have been possible without the assistance from our beta testers, so a gigantic thank you to the people who helped us and reported bugs. I don't know the etiquette here about naming them, so I'll just say that everyone who reported bugs and helped us with tests is thanked in the manuals for these REs.

Are you still reading? Go get your free REs.

Thanks for being great, Reason users. And always, drop us a line with questions. We're happy to help.
Hello! Do you have plans to update the REs with the excellent modulation options which have been just added to the VSTs?
That would be awesome

NoiseEng
RE Developer

07 Feb 2022

ksniod wrote:
05 Feb 2022
Hello! Do you have plans to update the REs with the excellent modulation options which have been just added to the VSTs?
That would be awesome
Hi! Unfortunately no, there's no way to make those work in Reason.
Last edited by joeyluck on 07 Feb 2022, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken quote
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

ksniod

08 Feb 2022

NoiseEng wrote:
07 Feb 2022
ksniod wrote:
05 Feb 2022
That would be awesome
Hi! Unfortunately no, there's no way to make those work in Reason.
Oh it’s unfortunate, thx for the answer anyway

DJMaytag

15 Feb 2022

After seeing Mutable's Plaits come to Reason in the form of "Macro," I definitely would love to see more of the NE range in RE format.

Clep Diaz would be super dope. I'm not sure if there is a LFO that can be step triggered in RE format? Sinc Bucina as an RE would be cool too, though I supposed that's hard to do an analog based module in RE format.

NoiseEng
RE Developer

15 Feb 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
15 Feb 2022
After seeing Mutable's Plaits come to Reason in the form of "Macro," I definitely would love to see more of the NE range in RE format.

Clep Diaz would be super dope. I'm not sure if there is a LFO that can be step triggered in RE format? Sinc Bucina as an RE would be cool too, though I supposed that's hard to do an analog based module in RE format.
Noted :)

No promises, but we're specing things out to see if there is anything we can bring to Reason that would make sense. Anything that isn't in the pipeline for all markets needs to be rewritten from scratch though, so it's a longer term project, unfortunately. Doesn't mean we're not into it...just that it takes a while.
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

DJMaytag

15 Feb 2022

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I was thinking more code-based Eurorack modules you have that would translate well, but that depends on the code those were written it, right?

NoiseEng
RE Developer

15 Feb 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I was thinking more code-based Eurorack modules you have that would translate well, but that depends on the code those were written it, right?
Exactly. We have several that are just older and on old, low-powered processors and were never really meant to be repurposed (some really old things are written in assembly, which is definitely not meant for porting to this...). So yeah... But we have ideas, and as we've said before, we love this community. We just have to figure out how to get more hours out of a day first and then we'll get on it :)
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

DJMaytag

15 Feb 2022

NoiseEng wrote:
15 Feb 2022
So yeah... But we have ideas, and as we've said before, we love this community. We just have to figure out how to get more hours out of a day first and then we'll get on it :)
We're loving what you're doing in both worlds. If you figure out how to squeeze more time into a day, please pass it on. I've got a crap ton of vintage Roland, Moog, Korg, and Ensoniq gear that needs fixing!

DJMaytag

28 May 2022

NoiseEng wrote:
18 Nov 2021
3. Desmodus, our reverb extension, but don't think of this as a room emulator. Turn your sound from a beautiful clocked delay to a shimmering reverb to an uncanny, nightmarish atmosphere.
HO LEE CRAP!!! I've had this for a while, but haven't had much time in the past year to dive into it, but had a chance to do so today. Absolutely WILD tones coming out of this thing. Hell, there's some amazing stuff coming out of it without any active input!

WasteLand

27 Sep 2022

there is a new bundle, bundle 2, only VST etc... when will they arrive as RE's... and if you own Bundle 2, well, it does not exist anymore... if you own all Noise Engineering RE's, is that better phrasing? is there an upgrade path, when it comes.
it must come!
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Ted Pikul

04 Oct 2022

This is slightly off-topic, but is there any possibility of licensing Noise Engineering modules for the Softube Modular platform?

NoiseEng
RE Developer

04 Oct 2022

Greetings! We're working on Bundle 2 for Reason -- it will be out as soon as we can do it.

Softube is not currently on the roadmap. We're pretty much at capacity with our current list of things we have in the pipeline and just don't have the bandwidth to do everything!
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Ted Pikul

04 Oct 2022

Thanks for making your products available on so many platforms. I wish that more companies in the modular/guitar pedal worlds would venture into the software space.

WasteLand

05 Oct 2022

NoiseEng wrote:
04 Oct 2022
Greetings! We're working on Bundle 2 for Reason -- it will be out as soon as we can do it.
thanks for letting us know, so we can save up, for it...

will there be again be a special deal, for people that had the 'first' Bundle 2?

so as already, asked, is there an upgrade path (i repeat, again, sorry, i have everything; bought bundle 1 & 2, the first ones, and then upgraded to new Bundle. or how did it go? o well, i own every payed Noise Engineering Rack Extension, and the free ones of course...).

but great to know that they will come! (i will stay with RE environment for Noise Engineering, well, it works... and for other reasons, more and more the end up in tracks, the modules, and they already did...)
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

kuhliloach

05 Oct 2022

I own all these but when I try to launch the RRP in Logic it just crashes due to not being run in Rosetta. Looking forward to incorporating the NE stuff into my Logic workflow one day.

geronimo

13 Oct 2022

GUI updates for Basimilus, Cursus Vereor and Desmodus: other than that, I didn't see anything else.

And for the Desmodus, what is synchronize to tempo parameter?
Time or LFO Speed? Because they are always graduated in %, whatever the position of the Tempo Sync switch.

jonnyretina

13 Oct 2022

NoiseEng wrote:
04 Oct 2022

Softube is not currently on the roadmap. We're pretty much at capacity with our current list of things we have in the pipeline and just don't have the bandwidth to do everything!
This is excellent news, Bundle 1 has been fantastic. Love the new GUIs - can't wait to get updated GUIs for the other devices as part of Bundle 2. Keep up the amazing work!

NoiseEng
RE Developer

13 Oct 2022

Howdy!
Y'all are quick.

Yes, Bundle 1 art is updated. It is only an art update, pretty minor as we try to standardize some things.

@geronimo, the Tempo Sync sets whether Desmodus is in free run or whether it syncs to Reason's clock. When it is in Sync mode, the Time knob is a clock divider or multiplier.

Stay tuned... :)
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Seven

Libraquaricorn

20 Oct 2022

The new bundle...wow, just wow! :shock: Thank you so much, NoiseEng! As a loyal customer of your fantastic products I now have two absolutely awesome new synths FOR FREE and an otherworldly, instabuy delay at a nice discounted price. You sure know how to keep your fanbase happy! I can already picture my family preparing a search party, cause I'm getting lost in these devices... :D

• Information