Flac compatibility

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Tinnitus

15 Jun 2022

I love the MP3 features of reason 12, but would love to see Flac files supported on both import and export.

I'm storing some of my samples as Flac these days, which reduces storage requirements to around 50%

This would be a great qol feature.

Tinnitus

12 Oct 2022

Just a nudge to say that this feature would be so helpful.

As there were no replies, I searched the forum and can now see a few people asked for this feature.

search.php?keywords=Flac&fid%5B0%5D=6

jam-s

12 Oct 2022

Yes, FLAC (and ogg) import/export options have been requested (and ignored) since years. I think I first asked/read about it in the old PUF. So at least for about a decade this rather simple to implement request has been given no priority.

DaveyG

13 Oct 2022

Based on how long it took them to add MP3 I reckon we'll have FLAC by the end of the decade. ;p

jam-s

13 Oct 2022

DaveyG wrote:
13 Oct 2022
Based on how long it took them to add MP3 I reckon we'll have FLAC by the end of the decade. ;p
For MP3 one could argue that they waited for the patent to expire so they would not have to pay extra royalties, but FLAC/ogg are free from those, so they could have included the BSD licensed libraries right from the start without any concerns.

• Information