LaunchEon 1.1 in the shop + new bundles!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Oct 2022

Hey folks,

v1.1 of LaunchEon is now available!

Added to the feature set:
  • Drag'n'drop manipulation of the scenes from the new "Manage" page.
  • CV Input control of the XY positions.
  • Layout and labelling changes to the Values area.
  • Some new special functions added into the Prefs area.
There is still more coming with LaunchEon, of course, and we'll possibly have another update out before the end of the year to cover more small features and polishings.

Of course, we are also continuing our "How to make a ... 'X' " video series too, and part 2 this shall be showing up very soon.. as in today, most likely, if I get the time ;)

Enjoy,
Brian
Enlightenspeed wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Hi folks,

Today I am very proud to announce the arrival of LaunchEon in the shop!

https://reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-ext ... launcheon/

LaunchEon has been a long time coming, being a project that has existed in some form of development for many years now, and finally it is ready for release into the world!

The device has two major purposes, controlling pattern devices and morphing, and it can do these in tandem or seperately, with every CV port being configurable to react with either or both types of change. This functionality makes it ideal as a live performance control, as a remixing device, or as a sound shaping tool. The power of this thing really cannot be overstated, it is immense.

We've included 5 pre-built Combinator 2 instruments for LaunchEon which will give an idea of how to use it to its fullest potential. The collection of instruments will grow over the years as we continue to add to it, but for now this is just a small set to give a flavour of the capabilities.

We have also done a bit of bundle reconfiguration to hopefully make it easier for people to get discounted Enlightenspeed products, and thus are announcing two new bundles "Loopcracker Max":

https://reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/l ... suite-max/

which is the whole lot for one price, and the delightfully stupidly named "MEGAPOWER":

https://reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/megapower/

which is all the bigger plugins we have done so far: Inspiral, MeloDramatik, Agnostik, LaunchEon. The new bundles are discounted even further from the standard pricing for a limited period, so have at it!

I'd like to say a big thanks to all our testers for once again contributing so handsomely to the process, it quite simply couldn't be done to the high standards demanded without all of your hard work.

On a final note, this will be the last 'new' release from Enlightenspeed for a decent amount of time - probably about 2 years. Over the next 6-12 months you'll see a few cool additions to the feature set of LaunchEon, and a LOT of stuff getting added to Agnostik. From there we'll be off the radar entirely for about another year or so, while some truly special new stuff is cooked up.

Many thanks, stay safe, and have fun,
Brian
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 17 Nov 2022, edited 2 times in total.

xylyx

10 Oct 2022

Looks interesting. Any video planned for the folks that want to see what it can do but won't have any real time to spend with it until the weekend?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Oct 2022

xylyx wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Looks interesting. Any video planned for the folks that want to see what it can do but won't have any real time to spend with it until the weekend?
Hi Xylyx,

I have no plans to do any tutorial vids for this yet, as they will just be following what I did in the tutorials manual.

You're after a teaser vid though, yes? Ok, if there's much interest then I'll do it as a live stream and record it.

So, the question at this point becomes, who fancies a live stream, and what time is good for most people?

Cheers,
Brian

Termigator

10 Oct 2022

Luncheon meat

dvdrtldg

10 Oct 2022

This looks amazing! looking forward to taking it for a spin

While you're here, I have a question about Inspiral, which is one of my favourite players - is there any chance of a future update where the scale number will be increased (i.e. not the actual number of scales, but the options on the dial above the keyboard - at the moment it gives you the option of switching between four scales, I could use a whole lot more). I remember there being some mention of this a while back

xylyx

10 Oct 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
10 Oct 2022
xylyx wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Hi Xylyx,

I have no plans to do any tutorial vids for this yet, as they will just be following what I did in the tutorials manual.

You're after a teaser vid though, yes? Ok, if there's much interest then I'll do it as a live stream and record it.

So, the question at this point becomes, who fancies a live stream, and what time is good for most people?

Cheers,
Brian
Indeed, a teaser that shows what this can do for potential purchasers would be great...would certainly whet the appetite for when I get the chance to give it a good test run.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Oct 2022

While you're here, I have a question about Inspiral, which is one of my favourite players - is there any chance of a future update where the scale number will be increased (i.e. not the actual number of scales, but the options on the dial above the keyboard - at the moment it gives you the option of switching between four scales, I could use a whole lot more). I remember there being some mention of this a while back
Hi,

The plan is for Inspiral and MeloDramatik to be increased from 4 to 8 scales as soon as possible, and hopefully before Black Friday. Going any higher than 8 will start to introduce other technical issues that I would rather avoid.

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

xylyx wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Enlightenspeed wrote:
10 Oct 2022

Hi Xylyx,

Cheers,
Brian
Indeed, a teaser that shows what this can do for potential purchasers would be great...would certainly whet the appetite for when I get the chance to give it a good test run.
No worries,

I'll see what time permits me to do.

Cheers,
Brian

dvdrtldg

11 Oct 2022

Enlightenspeed wrote:
11 Oct 2022
dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Oct 2022

Hi,

The plan is for Inspiral and MeloDramatik to be increased from 4 to 8 scales as soon as possible, and hopefully before Black Friday. Going any higher than 8 will start to introduce other technical issues that I would rather avoid.

Cheers,
Brian
Brilliant! thanks so much, looking forward to it

littlejam

11 Oct 2022

hello,

i am excited for this new RE from Enlightenspeed,
however i am on R10 / windows 7 with the R11suite REs

i am bumbed out that all the combinators are v2, requiring R12

i would need to see a video of this RE being used in R10
to see what functionality is 'lost' by being on R10
to convince me to purchase

a bigbig congrats on the release of a new RE

cheers and eat well,

j

i read through both support documents of the RE (75 pages total)

i was looking for a detailed list of the patches / combi included but couldn't find one
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

littlejam wrote:
11 Oct 2022

however i am on R10 / windows 7 with the R11suite REs

i read through both support documents of the RE (75 pages total)

i was looking for a detailed list of the patches / combi included but couldn't find one
Hi littlejam,

I need to reword this in the store, and I'll hopefully get it done today.

First up -
LaunchEon is compatible with R10 onwards.

The initial set of Combinators require R12, because they utilize the Combinator 2.
2 of the initial 5 Combinators also require additional REs:

DC Bells - needs Sweeper
Fidget Drums - needs BV-X and Both Umpf's

If you're on R10 or R11, no LaunchEon functionality is lost, it's still a beast, however none of the Combi patches will work.

Cheers,
Brian
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 11 Oct 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

littlejam wrote:
11 Oct 2022
i am bumbed out that all the combinators are v2, requiring R12
Moving forward, I'm not sure what is the best way to do patches for users of earlier versions, although it may come to it that I keep a thread open with lots of download links, or maybe even host them on my own site. Another option was to build seperate refills per version, but this turned out to be extremely difficult to do, the tendency for something ineligible to sneak into things was just too much of a hurdle for us to overcome, and going forward it would just become increasingly difficult to administer.

I'm open to suggestions

Cheers,
Brian

littlejam

11 Oct 2022

hello,

thank you for the detailed response

i need to stay on R10 because my audio interface does not work on windows 10
i use windows 7

please don't worry about creating separate combis

i knew this was gonna happen eventually

i am happy LaunchEon itself will work in R10

it would be coolcool to see a short video about just LaunchEon
(without the combi2)

that would seal the deal for me into buying

again, thank you very much for your help

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2022

Congrats on the release, looks fantastic!
Selig Audio, LLC

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

12 Oct 2022

selig wrote:
11 Oct 2022
Congrats on the release, looks fantastic!
Thanking you, sir :)

Tinnitus

12 Oct 2022

This looks interesting.
As mentioned above, adding a video would help, I find the well planned but brief style of jelie or Pooh Bear videos to be excellent.

Shame there is no further discount if you've already bought one of your bundles previously.

IMO, I would just stick to combi V2 as going forwards people will be eventually upgrading and it simplifies support.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

12 Oct 2022

littlejam wrote:
11 Oct 2022

it would be coolcool to see a short video about just LaunchEon
(without the combi2)
Hi littlejam,

There is now a plan in place to do one, it won't be live as such but it'll be near enough that, more of my usual rambling kinda style while I build something on the fly.

Later on proper tutarial vids will turn up but these are strictly following the manual to show the basics.

Cheers,
Brian

littlejam

12 Oct 2022

hello,

@Brian: cheers, mate

looking forward to a demo video before the intro price sale ends

i also agree with Tinnitus about you moving forward with combi V2 patches only

you guys work hard enough on your work

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios

Stygian Abyss

12 Oct 2022

Hello Brian, I would like to ask a question about this interesting release.

I briefly read both included manuals and found that scenes could be changed by sending MIDI notes, using an appropriately programmed Combinator.

Could the same made be possible with the 8 x 8 pattern radio buttons on each scene page, allowing 64 MIDI notes to activate the 64 corresponding buttons, and turning off the pattern Player row if an already active radio button receives its MIDI note. By doing this, LaunchEon could be easily controlled from a grid device such as a Launchpad, thus allowing it to control up to 8 Players, which would be awesome.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

12 Oct 2022

Tinnitus wrote:
12 Oct 2022
Shame there is no further discount if you've already bought one of your bundles previously.
Nothing I can do about this. I've tried twice to get this exact sales function and it wasn't possible. I have no idea what the reasoning behind this is; trust me, no one is more disappointed with this than me.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

12 Oct 2022

Stygian Abyss wrote:
12 Oct 2022
Hello Brian, I would like to ask a question about this interesting release.

I briefly read both included manuals and found that scenes could be changed by sending MIDI notes, using an appropriately programmed Combinator.

Could the same made be possible with the 8 x 8 pattern radio buttons on each scene page, allowing 64 MIDI notes to activate the 64 corresponding buttons, and turning off the pattern Player row if an already active radio button receives its MIDI note. By doing this, LaunchEon could be easily controlled from a grid device such as a Launchpad, thus allowing it to control up to 8 Players, which would be awesome.
It's almost certainly a yes, but I'll need to investigate the inner workings of it further.

Cheers,
Brian

Mattvank

12 Oct 2022

It´s to bad that there is no offical launchpad for Touch OSC. RE looks nice!

w1pl0c

13 Oct 2022

Mattvank wrote:
12 Oct 2022
OSC RE would be the greatest thing ever

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

13 Oct 2022

Stygian Abyss wrote:
12 Oct 2022
I looked into this a bit last night and it can't be done satisfactorily due to how the Combi 2 works. Not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour, but the obvious solution is to add this functionality directly into LaunchEon.

As this is intended to allow hardware connectivity, would it be possible for you to give me some hints on how LaunchPad actually connects to Reason? Does it send notes or CC's basically? I would have thought it sends CC's but you are asking for note input support, am I correct?

cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

13 Oct 2022

Mattvank wrote:
12 Oct 2022
Can't vouch for this myself but I know a lot of people quite like this for bridging between Touch OSC and Reason, and it has a generic RE controller.

https://retouchcontrol.com/retouchduo/

• Information