Reason 12 upgrade VST3 ?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
djcair

10 Oct 2022

hello to all , when the famous update to be able to use the VST3 in Reason 12 ?

jam-s

10 Oct 2022

djcair wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Nobody knows. If we're lucky still in 2022.

PhillipOrdonez

10 Oct 2022

I feel it coming very soon!

No idea when it will, it just feels like it on this fine autumn day 😎

hamsterfactor

10 Oct 2022

what is this "VST3", that you speak of? :P
djcair wrote:
10 Oct 2022
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

pushedbutton

10 Oct 2022

Pronounced 'VeSTyThree', VST3 has rapidly become the industry standard way to crash any stable DAW without providing meaningful debugging information. Every VST3 program has been carefully engineered to appear to be working as intended right up until the point at which it actually matters to the end user. The difficulty in programming VST3 programs comes from the requirement for narcotic substances which are illegal in the developed world. Despite the risks, there are over 47Billion VST3 programs in circulation on myspace alone. VST3 grew in popularity after YouTuber 'xxDeadxxSocksxx' used at least 3 of them to make his cat sound like Elvis. None of these facts are true. I think it's some sort of sequel to VST2.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

djcair

10 Oct 2022

hamsterfactor wrote:
10 Oct 2022
djcair wrote:
10 Oct 2022
OZONE 10

djcair

10 Oct 2022

hamsterfactor wrote:
10 Oct 2022
djcair wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Exemple Ozone 10

crimsonwarlock

11 Oct 2022

pushedbutton wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Pronounced 'VeSTyThree', VST3 has rapidly become the industry standard way to crash any stable DAW without providing meaningful debugging information. Every VST3 program has been carefully engineered to appear to be working as intended right up until the point at which it actually matters to the end user. The difficulty in programming VST3 programs comes from the requirement for narcotic substances which are illegal in the developed world. Despite the risks, there are over 47Billion VST3 programs in circulation on myspace alone. VST3 grew in popularity after YouTuber 'xxDeadxxSocksxx' used at least 3 of them to make his cat sound like Elvis. None of these facts are true. I think it's some sort of sequel to VST2.
Do I detect GPT-3 or one of its siblings here? :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

pushedbutton

15 Oct 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Oct 2022
pushedbutton wrote:
10 Oct 2022
Do I detect GPT-3 or one of its siblings here? :puf_bigsmile:
Nothing more than my warped imagination and too much time to kill.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

huggermugger

15 Oct 2022

And the answer is...
Attachments
1472126636-carnack-mag.jpg
1472126636-carnack-mag.jpg (16.87 KiB) Viewed 2197 times

ltbrunt00

10 Nov 2022

I want VST3 as much as the next guy but do want the Props to do something amazing with it in reason. If it doesn't come until reason 13 I can live with that.

This year I have purchased many VST tools which most were VST3 only. That was not intentional I was not looking at the fine print. They work well in other DAW software. I think Reason being Reason needs to gives us something unique.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information