Reason 12.2.8 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mimidancer

22 Sep 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
07 Sep 2022
I would love if they improved Track Colouring. Using drop down menu is tiresome and very hard to do accurately with a mouse. Would be way better to click on some button and then choose from a 5x5 list or something. More efficient, don't you think? Ableton has it best, just right click and choose from available colours.

Doesn't Abelton have a message board somewhere else for their generic, vanilla, without character software?

EnochLight

22 Sep 2022

mimidancer wrote:
22 Sep 2022
Doesn't Abelton have a message board somewhere else for their generic, vanilla, without character software?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Jagwah

22 Sep 2022

stillifegaijin wrote:
10 Sep 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Sep 2022

Reason Studios should make a deal with stillifegaijin and turn that into a t-shirt. :-)
HAHA! They can have it. Would be a great t-shirt.
They let people swear in their videos now, if this was a shirt I think it would sell and advertise really well and could even go a bit viral! Well said stillifegaijin!

EnochLight wrote:
09 Sep 2022
stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022
Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.
stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022
Sorry. Very drunk post. Not trying to start anything. The whiskey got to me. My bad.
Mod note: As a fellow connoisseur of various bourbons, whiskey, and scotch - trust me - I get it. ;) :lol: But thanks for saving face and apologizing - we'd prefer not to have to issue warnings for stuff like this. Let's keep things civil, folks. :thumbup:
LOL!!

mimidancer

22 Sep 2022

EnochLight wrote:
22 Sep 2022
mimidancer wrote:
22 Sep 2022

I'm sorry. I love Reason for what it is. Not tryin' to start anything.

tko1970

29 Sep 2022

I'm getting multiple crashes a day even when doing nothing but audio routing to PA.

EnochLight

30 Sep 2022

Sounds like you’ve got some issues going on.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

30 Sep 2022

there’s nothing about Live that’s generic. unless you consider having basic DAW functionality to be generic.

uninspiring? an argument could be made there—its looks are an acquired taste (I don’t think people realize there are color themes that make it much more appealing), but at the end of the day, it’s just as much fun as most any other DAW (and more than some) if you’re not judging mainly on looks.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2022

guitfnky wrote:
30 Sep 2022
there’s nothing about Live that’s generic. unless you consider having basic DAW functionality to be generic.

uninspiring? an argument could be made there—its looks are an acquired taste (I don’t think people realize there are color themes that make it much more appealing), but at the end of the day, it’s just as much fun as most any other DAW (and more than some) if you’re not judging mainly on looks.
Exactly ...

I've never understood the whole "spreadsheet" thing ...

They're loops. Made by you.

It's only a spreadsheet if you make it into one ;)

EnochLight

30 Sep 2022

avasopht wrote:
30 Sep 2022
guitfnky wrote:
30 Sep 2022

Exactly ...

Agreed. I'll go even further and point out that making "loops" in Ableton Live is absolutely no different than making a "sequence" in Reason or any other DAW - a sequence is just a repeating loop! The difference in Ableton Live is that said sequence is captured as an audio loop, or a MIDI sequence. I guess we could compare an audio "clip" in Reason, however; Ableton at least gives artists a well thought out method of playing them back (and capturing the performance - live )... And if loading audio clips/samples is your thing, then more power to you. Artists have been using audio loops in modern music production for what... 3+ decades? :lol:

guitfnky

30 Sep 2022

avasopht wrote:
30 Sep 2022
guitfnky wrote:
30 Sep 2022

Exactly ...

I suspect anyone who’s ever actually used a spreadsheet would never accuse any audio software of feeling like working in a spreadsheet. 😆
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jam-s

02 Oct 2022

guitfnky wrote:
30 Sep 2022
I suspect anyone who’s ever actually used a spreadsheet would never accuse any audio software of feeling like working in a spreadsheet. 😆
Dylan Tallchief would like to have a word with you ;)

kuhliloach

02 Oct 2022

still can't use Reason RP at all in Logic unless running in Rosetta mode. Like many people I stopped using Reason as an actual DAW years ago, but I am hoping to be able to use my plug-ins eventually without having to run my DAW in a compatibility mode from years ago. So, here in 2022 I have not used Reason at all so far.

Heater

02 Oct 2022

kuhliloach wrote:
02 Oct 2022
still can't use Reason RP at all in Logic unless running in Rosetta mode. Like many people I stopped using Reason as an actual DAW years ago, but I am hoping to be able to use my plug-ins eventually without having to run my DAW in a compatibility mode from years ago. So, here in 2022 I have not used Reason at all so far.
I'm the same. Waiting for native M1 support to drop before I can Reason as a plug in for Logic. Every week I don't use it makes it become more irrelevant.

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2022

Is it safe to say most of the stability issues have been fixed?

I've been holding back on R12 until it's all ironed out.

moneykube

02 Oct 2022

avasopht wrote:
02 Oct 2022

good question... I would like that answer as well... bought but not registered, or installed yet !
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

02 Oct 2022

avasopht wrote:
02 Oct 2022

moneykube wrote:
02 Oct 2022
good question... I would like that answer as well... bought but not registered, or installed yet !

The easiest way to find out well it's working on your systems would be to download R12 and run it in demo mode ;)

EnochLight

02 Oct 2022

avasopht wrote:
02 Oct 2022

Yes, as of the current stable channel build, it’s quite solid.

kuhliloach

03 Oct 2022

Heater wrote:
02 Oct 2022
kuhliloach wrote:
02 Oct 2022
I'm the same. Waiting for native M1 support to drop before I can Reason as a plug in for Logic. Every week I don't use it makes it become more irrelevant.
I myself am really looking forward to being able to use RRP within Logic based on how many cool plug-ins I collected. But, yes, it sits collecting dust unused and only a distant memory at this point. The bright side is just how good all the alternatives are, many of them completely free! I completely uninstalled the Waves plug-ins from my system because I became a better producer and now I just don't need it or the silly upgrade ripoffs. Uninstalling stuff and simplifying the DAW is fun and exciting.

RandomSkratch

03 Oct 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
07 Sep 2022
I would love if they improved Track Colouring. Using drop down menu is tiresome and very hard to do accurately with a mouse. Would be way better to click on some button and then choose from a 5x5 list or something. More efficient, don't you think? Ableton has it best, just right click and choose from available colours.
The issue I have with track colouring right now is the grid lines don't change from light to dark depending on the track colour AND the clip note indicators are always black (some colours would benefit from white clip note indicators such as Dark Green or Dark Blue).

When you have a very light (sometimes obnoxiously bright) clip colour, the grid lines are pretty much impossible to see (Lemon anybody?). The folded clip view is fine though because the black note indicators show up nicely. Once you open the clip for editing however, the grid lines are all washed out. If these changed to dark grid lines (and were a bit thicker), this would be fine.

Since the edit clip colour is a slightly washed out version of the main clip colour, having something work for both is tricky. There are very few colours that clearly show the clip contents AND allow for a pleasing edit view.

It would be great if these colours would also invert the clip contents and grid based on the colour selected.

fuego

09 Oct 2022

Any updates on M1 native support?

EnochLight

09 Oct 2022

fuego wrote:
09 Oct 2022
It's planned after VST 3 support, which is being worked on right now.

Heater

09 Oct 2022

fuego wrote:
09 Oct 2022
None whatsoever.

Termigator

09 Oct 2022

i would like to be able to detach the midi editor to full screen

and more colour modes

folders

jam-s

09 Oct 2022

Termigator wrote:
09 Oct 2022
i would like to be able to detach the midi editor to full screen
When you detach the rack and the mixer you basically have the midi editor (=sequencer) in its own window which you can maximise.

• Information