Korg Drumalogue or LXR Drum 01 or 02

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Sep 2022

Which are the main differences? Which would you buy??
Korg has a supercool sequencer... out of question... and Hybrid Drums sounds amazing...
What kind of Engine is the Drumalogue running? Mixed FM-Linear wave Synthesis like Hybrid Engine??
I HAVEN'T found much about it..
LXR-01 on the other hand has a lot to offer for the price (of DIY) it run at -12+12 volts... is just one of those sleeks...
open schematics as well... part of the charm you get by building your own Drum station... (not the firmware part)
They look somehow similar...

Korg Drumalogue. (TBA)

LXR-01 DIY Kit out of stock... Erica Synth LXR-02 might be more available.

rack version (Price???)

standard version 01 (300-400+++ DIY)

Erica Synth variation 590Eur at Thomann

EdGrip

16 Sep 2022

The Drumlogue has 3 engine types - 4 analogue voices, digital multi-osc as on the other logue synths and the NTS-1, and samples. I read the sample memory is very small so clearly sample voices isn't the main aim.

There are already a couple of good deep dive videos on it from Loopop and BoBeats.

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2022

EdGrip wrote:
16 Sep 2022
The Drumlogue has 3 engine types - 4 analogue voices, digital multi-osc as on the other logue synths and the NTS-1, and samples. I read the sample memory is very small so clearly sample voices isn't the main aim.

There are already a couple of good deep dive videos on it from Loopop and BoBeats.
Loopop summon on the Analog parts is one of the most important to me. The Analog Kick has three knobs, and the transient samples parts that can be added.
Other ppl comments on CDM says its Drum sounds are basically the Volca Beats sounds at its core... the Kick sounds identical.
I don't understand why it has not implemented some of the Volca Drum Synthesis style, give the choice to swap the Analog sound for an Hybrid one...
it seems to me like a big down.

Price wise it is the same as the LXR 2. Which Analog kits blows the Korg into dust....
I'd like to make an argument of Rob Papen Kick :re: sounding better than the Drumalogue Kick-s?

I would like to ear others arguments.
And yeah. The Roland TR-6s is half the price almost and has more drum kits available. With the FM firmware announced just a week ago or so.

mimidancer

25 Sep 2022

Re8et wrote:
15 Sep 2022
Which are the main differences? Which would you buy??
Korg has a supercool sequencer... out of question... and Hybrid Drums sounds amazing...
What kind of Engine is the Drumalogue running? Mixed FM-Linear wave Synthesis like Hybrid Engine??
I HAVEN'T found much about it..
LXR-01 on the other hand has a lot to offer for the price (of DIY) it run at -12+12 volts... is just one of those sleeks...
open schematics as well... part of the charm you get by building your own Drum station... (not the firmware part)
They look somehow similar...

Korg Drumalogue. (TBA)

LXR-01 DIY Kit out of stock... Erica Synth LXR-02 might be more available.

rack version (Price???)

standard version 01 (300-400+++ DIY)

Erica Synth variation 590Eur at Thomann

all three are pretty cool. But the TR8s smokes them all. I urge you to demo that before you buy one of the others.

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2022

It's too digital for my tastes.
(I already have a TR06, TR08, and TR09 from Roland)
All Kicks sounds exactly the same when distorted a little...
The Tr6s is a small wonder, I like it more than the T8s, for what it packs in such a small factor...
but here is battle of Analogues... :twisted:
Last edited by Re8et on 26 Oct 2022, edited 3 times in total.

Synthopathe

01 Oct 2022

From what I've heard the lxr 02 is a little bit buggy when using with other devices but sounds great.

I've watched some reviews of the drumlogue and I just don't like the sound. I'd go for a 2nd hand elektron rytm any day. About the same price and you get much better sounding analog engines and more of them. Plus samples and the elektron sequencer, audio and midi over USB, overbridge...

DJMaytag

26 Oct 2022

Getting a Drumlogue when it comes out, or shortly thereafter. It sounds pretty good and meshes well with what I have on hand (TR-606, DrumBrute Impact, and some Eurorack drum modules).

• Information