Discuss VST stuff here!
jaeproduced

14 Sep 2022

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone.html#specs

System Requirements
Operating Systems:
Mac: macOS Catalina (10.15.7) – macOS Monterey (12.5.x)*
Win: Windows 10 – Windows 11
* Supported on Intel Macs & Apple silicon Macs (Apple M1 chips) in Rosetta 2 and native.

Plug-in Formats:
AAX, AU, VST3

All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.
VST2 is no longer supported.
Supported Hosts (DAWs/NLEs):
Logic Pro, Ableton Live 10.1 — 11, Pro Tools 2021 — 2022, Cubase 11 — 12, FL Studio 20, Studio One 5, REAPER 6, Bitwig Studio 4, Adobe Audition CC, Premiere Pro CC, Nuendo 12, *Digital Performer 11

*Compatible in AU/macOS only

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2022

Just as well R12 will have VST3 support. Soon. Sometime. Maybe. Hope I don’t fall asleep.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jaeproduced

14 Sep 2022

MrFigg wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Just as well R12 will have VST3 support. Soon. Sometime. Maybe. Hope I don’t fall asleep.
You forgot One Day.

Neo

14 Sep 2022

VST3 Indeed lol
01.jpg
01.jpg (102.53 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

integerpoet

14 Sep 2022

Might still be worth upgrading (now as opposed to whenever RS lands VST3 support) if the stand-alone app imports and exports well.

Lately I've been mastering using the Ozone 9 VST2 hosted by Reason, but only because the stand-alone app isn't exporting properly for me.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2022

integerpoet wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Might still be worth upgrading (now as opposed to whenever RS lands VST3 support) if the stand-alone app imports and exports well.

Lately I've been mastering using the Ozone 9 VST2 hosted by Reason, but only because the stand-alone app isn't exporting properly for me.
I haven't tried ozone 10 but thought I had read they got rid of the standalone in this version. Might be worth checking this out before purchasing.

raymondh

14 Sep 2022

I'm happy with the move from iZotope to Sonible. Getting better mix and master results and my CPU is thanking me for it too :)

Though I still use Ozone Stereo Imager, but v8 of that does the job.

nscerri

25 Sep 2022

integerpoet wrote:
14 Sep 2022

Just as a small note, in Ozone 10 they removed the standalone version, so it is a double hit for us Reason users. Thankfully, I also have Ableton Live Lite where at least I can still use it.

DaveyG

25 Sep 2022

nscerri wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Just as a small note, in Ozone 10 they removed the standalone version,
Removing the standalone version is a crazy decision imo. Mastering is best done as a separate task. :thumbs_down:

selig
RE Developer

25 Sep 2022

DaveyG wrote:
25 Sep 2022
nscerri wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Just as a small note, in Ozone 10 they removed the standalone version,
Removing the standalone version is a crazy decision imo. Mastering is best done as a separate task. :thumbs_down:
Both of those can be true…you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task!
Selig Audio, LLC

DaveyG

25 Sep 2022

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022
DaveyG wrote:
25 Sep 2022

Both of those can be true…you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task!
True, but using the standalone helps with the separation and removes the temptation to continually fiddle with the mix instead of getting the job finished. Taking away that option is just daft.

Jac459

25 Sep 2022

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022
I actually have a question on that. I like to have my mixing and my mastering on the same project (when my CPU allows it).
I do the mixing and the mastering as different steps but I find it practical to be able to go directly back to the mixing stage if I discover a mistake during the mastering (I don't have decades of XP in mixing and mastering like some in this forum).
Does it make sense at all ?
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

-008'

25 Sep 2022

"The Ozone app has gone un-used by the vast majority of our customers, so we've decided to retire it with this version of Ozone."

"Our usage analytics have shown that about 99 out of 100 Ozone users only ever used the plug-ins and because of this the Ozone team has discontinued the standalone app to focus on improving Ozone's DSP."

What if the "vast majority" of their Ozone customers:
-used standalone exclusively.
-with the "send anonymous usage data" option unchecked.
?

How do they hit that 99/100 precise data point without any of my data included? :?

Do they account for the fact that any average "user" works thru his writing/mixing projects for much longer of a time frame, with - "mastering in Ozone ™" - being the last and probably fastest stage for a project? Does their lil "Accounting & Usage Report Data Bot®" even consider things like that?

You're telling me that when i used only standalone... I truly did stand alone? :lol:

Did they bump their head, or is their AI making marketing decisions too now?
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

selig
RE Developer

25 Sep 2022

DaveyG wrote:
25 Sep 2022
selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022

True, but using the standalone helps with the separation and removes the temptation to continually fiddle with the mix instead of getting the job finished. Taking away that option is just daft.
And again, sorry to be repetitive but “you don’t necessarily need to use the standalone version to master as a separate task”. Especially if you have other plugins or need automation on the timeline, you can ‘master’ in any DAW. Hopefully I’ve not misunderstood your point…
Selig Audio, LLC

DaveyG

25 Sep 2022

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2022
Hopefully I’ve not misunderstood your point…
You have, but it doesn't really matter. I guess you 99%-ers just can't understand what us special 1% of users mean haha

And I share the bemusement of 008 above, because most standalone programs are deliberately blocked by me in the firewall unless they have a very good reason to need 'net access so my standalone use is invisible to iZotope. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I just think it's a bad decision.

• Information