Reason 12 on a MAC, not....able to access HD anymore

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KingME

20 Sep 2022

So, I was using Catalina with Reason 11, which was fine. I ended up, upgrading the OS to Monterey. Monterey does not work with Reason 11. So long-story-short, I upgraded to Reason 12. Now, Reason can't access my HD anymore (which is where all my song files are), so I can't access any of my work.

I was told after consulting with Glyph (HD manufacturer), Reason, Google, etc. that Reason could possibly see what it happening if I download a "logging version" of Reason so they can log my steps. I am unsure of myself on that one.

Has anyone had this experience? And what did you do?
Attachments
Reason HD denial.png
Reason error message
Reason HD denial.png (718.7 KiB) Viewed 515 times

Pepin

20 Sep 2022

I've not experienced this myself, but it could be related to access settings in System Preferences...
If you go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Files and Folders, do you see Reason listed?

KingME

21 Sep 2022

Yes, it is listed.

Although, there is a "smbd" option that says "Full Disk Access"....that is greyed out as well. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other. I will try to research that.

Thank you for the advice!

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 7.08.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 7.08.42 PM.png (132.87 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 7.10.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 7.10.06 PM.png (74.35 KiB) Viewed 413 times

KingME

21 Sep 2022

Yes, it is listed.

Although, there is a "smbd" option that says "Full Disk Access"....that is greyed out as well. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other. I will try to research that.

Pepin

22 Sep 2022

KingME wrote:
21 Sep 2022
Yes, it is listed.

It's normal to have entries with "Full Disk Access" grayed out, because they're added in a separate list (above Files and Folders in the left sidebar).:
FullDiskAccess.png
FullDiskAccess.png (13.72 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Nothing in your screenshots looks misconfigured...
Maybe try running Reason from a fresh user account?
But support should have given you a link to install the logging version of Reason, no? If you run it, it should spit out more details when the error message occurs. This will help them diagnose the problem.

KingME

22 Sep 2022

ok, that's good to know about the Full Access Disk.

Yes, I reached out to them. I downloaded the logging version yesterday and sent them my logs and am awaiting analysis now.

I think I am going to uninstall the program and try to install it again.

I only have one account. Maybe I will create another user account and give it a try,

• Information