WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Tonicmint FlowBrush Song Competition

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
wowhow
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

Thank you for the competition! Here's my entry as well.

I used FlowBrush for the grain delay effects/pitch shifting effects on the synths/drums/vox. I never plan for any tracks I make and so the music just reflects what made me feel something as I worked on the track - but after I finished the track, I realized the laughs and the overall theme of the track sounds like the joker in a way! lol Underneath forced laughter is an undertone of some how beautiful but ominous chords and melodies giving us respite yet a burning rage to feel alright again. Music is such a good outlet for feeling alright again I think. I feel alright! The kids are alright!

challism

31 Aug 2022

4hrs.png
4hrs.png (63.67 KiB) Viewed 12922 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

modecca

31 Aug 2022

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2022

modecca wrote:
31 Aug 2022
Trying to be normal eh? Yeah that's an idea I gave up on a long time ago. Too late for that. :puf_smile:

Nice tune. I like the warmth of the track. The overall distorted midrangy character gives me that feel.
The simple groove allows for all the rhytmic playfulness and sporadic tones/sounds coming in and out to shine. This is a writing style I haven't tried much myself. Having a simple repititve foundation throughout the song and let the top layers interact with it in different ways.

modecca

01 Sep 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2022

The simple groove allows for all the rhytmic playfulness and sporadic tones/sounds coming in and out to shine. This is a writing style I haven't tried much myself. Having a simple repititve foundation throughout the song and let the top layers interact with it in different ways.
Going forward I would want to see more variation on that foundation.
It's easy for me to get caught up adding new stuff on the top, when much more variation is needed on the bottom.
🔗💥

challism

01 Sep 2022

OK, submissions are closed. Please be patient while the judges make their decisions. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the competition and good luck!

challism

08 Sep 2022

First of all, I want to thank all the participants for entering the contest. Without your participation, these contests wouldn't be possible.

Secondly, I would like to thank Tonicmint for having this contest. Again, without developers offering prizes, these contests wouldn't draw nearly as much interest.

Thirdly, I want to thank the judges for their time and energy. All of the songs were very good and I can speak for all the judges when I say, it was a very difficult decision. Most of the contests are difficult to judge, but this one was particularly hard because the entries were so good; each song had its own merit and deserves some kind of reward. But, alas, we can only give out three placements. So without further ado...

1st - mcatalao
2nd - Noise
3rd - turbopage

Congratulations to you all.
Please contact Vil to arrange your prizes.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2022

Wow!!!

I have to say i was not expecting that!

To be honest, I've been on a very "dry" creative moment, but i had a nice 3 weeks vacation in August, wich helped releasing the stress from work and allowed for the creative juices to flow again! The contest was also great as a start engine, and the device helped as the main idea around for the track came from simple improvs with the main sound and that sort of scape you can get just from adding FlowBrush!

Congratulations to the rest of the winners, and all the other participants!

Thank you Tonicmint, Challism, and Reasontalk for this opportunity!

Cheers,
MC

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2022

Congratulations mcatalao, Noise and turbopage I really enjoyed listening to your submissions and everyone else's and it demonstrates the diversity of the effect.

Also a big thank you Tonicmint and Challism for the Comp, it was a lot of fun and congratulations on such a cool device.

turbopage
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2022

Thanks to Vil & ReasonTalk staff
Thanks and congratulations to all the participants, winners and not.
I listened with pleasure to all the songs and I always find the variety of ideas surprising and stimulating

Music Will Save Us
Music Will Save Us

Noise
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2022

Congratulations MCatalao and TurboPage, and of course everyone else who participated!
Cheers to Tonicmint to make this challenge possible !
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Loque

09 Sep 2022

Gratulations to the winners :clap: . Some really nice songs with a wide variety of styles were submitted :thumbup:

All songs were great and i hope you had a good time making the songs. And good luck again in the next challenge for everyone.
Reason12, Win10

Vil
RE Developer

09 Sep 2022

Wide variety of genres, styles, approaches of the task, instrument and effect usages!!!
Very nice productions!

Thank you all for the effort!!

I am proud to be the part of this.

I cannot express myself better than previous ones, the judgeing was really hard.

:)

and of course, congratulations for all the winners!!! ;)

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2022

Congrats to the winners! This had to be a tough one to judge. All of the entries were really good and so varied. We need more contests on here to hopefully get the music section more active.

Thanks to Tonicmint for the RE and contest. It was a nice change of pace having something revolve around an effect rather than a synth.

Overtherainbow

10 Sep 2022

Thank you Tonicmint for the contest! Ngl, I was a bit bummed out I couldn't get that one RE I've wanted, but I sure had fun making my piece!

Wish you to create more awesome REs and more contests in the future! :)

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2022

Congrats to all the winners!!

I feel the judges did a good job!
TNX TonicMint!

Vil
RE Developer

11 Sep 2022

All the entries, which are on soundcloud, collected into a playlist.

The top three are the top three finishers in the competition, the rest are in random order.

Ill trying to put this into the shop page.

(ask me anytime, if you want to remove your piece from this list)

bossa
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2022

I would like to congratulate all participants and express my gratitude to the jury. I share the view that the evaluation this time was again very difficult, because once again we had extraordinarily neat entries. I very much agree with the determination of the three prize winners. They are very nice pieces! The jury has emphasized how difficult it was to determine winners.
Maybe in the future we should tighten up the rules a bit, because then the submitted entries might become a bit more comparable. For example, if you specify a genre. But this is just an idea!
I'm already looking forward to the next contest, in which I participate again!

bossa
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2022

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to know my post is still in the SoundCloud playlist as well. I have uploaded my contribution to soundcloud for this purpose:

Vil wrote:
11 Sep 2022
All the entries, which are on soundcloud, collected into a playlist.

The top three are the top three finishers in the competition, the rest are in random order.

Ill trying to put this into the shop page.

(ask me anytime, if you want to remove your piece from this list)
Last edited by bossa on 11 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Vil
RE Developer

11 Sep 2022

bossa wrote:
11 Sep 2022
If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to know my post is still in the SoundCloud playlist as well......
Your song added to the playlist :)

please edit the url in your post for the readers :)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2022

bossa wrote:
11 Sep 2022
Maybe in the future we should tighten up the rules a bit, because then the submitted entries might become a bit more comparable. For example, if you specify a genre. But this is just an idea!
I'm already looking forward to the next contest, in which I participate again!
I do not agree with this for two reasons. First theres the question of genre being very personal to each one. For example if this was a competition limited to hip hop I most surely wouldn't participate. I don't have anything against hip hop or any other particular genre, I just don't do it.

The second reason is that these contests are the opportunity for the devs showcase the versatility of their products. If you limit the genre you lose that opportunity becuase you end up narrowing the usage to genre specific techniques.

IMHO of course.

PS. : I liked your song a lot, it does have that Zawinul/weather report feel in it. I'd maybe like to see a bit more harmonical development, I mean it had potential for expansion.

Mattvank

16 Sep 2022

Noise wrote:
25 Aug 2022
Hello!

Permutate :: Track sequenced live using a novation LaunchControl XL

FlowBrush was used for all effects: reverbs / delay
Hope I didn't messed up the "stock devices" or included in Reason+

Device :: Patch :: Flow Patch

DrumBus ◼ Flow "Sopron"
Parsec :: Vocal Steps AF ◼ Flow Custom Patch
Scenic :: ForeBoding ◼ Flow "As you wish"
Thor :: TPSD Clock ◼ Flow Custom Patch
Malstrom :: (BumpyWaves) ◼ Flow "As you wish"
Monotone :: Deep Roler Bass
Europa :: Dist Sync Bass

Thankful for joining in!
I like the way you are using the Launchcontrol XL and Reason Blocks.

Dabbler

16 Sep 2022

Congrats winners! Whoop.

wendylou

16 Sep 2022

mcatalao wrote:
18 Aug 2022
Hi guys,

Here's my entry for the contest!

The song has 3 FlowBrush instances (one send delay, one on the main instrument and one in the intro piano).

Hope you like it!
Cheers, MC
Beautiful work. Creations like this stand out to me and reveal how little I know about music :puf_smile:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2022

wendylou wrote:
16 Sep 2022

Beautiful work. Creations like this stand out to me and reveal how little I know about music :puf_smile:
Wow Wendy, tank's for your comment.

I'm very glad you liked it!

• Information