[bigbeat/breakbeat] The Prodigy - Break & Enter (Ed Curry Remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aquila

15 Sep 2022

I managed to pull together enough samples to remix the opening track to The Prodigy's second (and greatest IMHO) album, Break and Enter.

Semi-inspired by an alternate version that they used to play live circa-1995, but with a fast and banging beat. Enjoy...

RTFX

16 Sep 2022

I liked it a lot!
I listened to it over iphone speakers at work, not the best circumstances, but even then; it sounded good.
I like that stabby kind of style. Push and pull kinda thing.
I check on hp once i’m home.
Keep it up!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Chizmata

16 Sep 2022

the ideas are definitely great (dare i say, better than anything pendulum ever came up with). the track has an acid technoid twist that varies and adds to the initial spirit without conflicting with it and the structure stays interesting all the time.

but i still find a few weaknesses that prevent it from shining as it could. the elements you introduced all sound a bit light compared to the source material. i believe the prodigy have often used a lot of frequencies <40Hz that add a certain heavyness to their sound. also the otherwise fantastic 303 seems to have minimal tuning issues, but maybe they can be resolved by rising the HP frequency of its reverb above the fundamental pitch of the sampled content, mainly voice and guitar.
Last edited by Chizmata on 17 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2022

Nice to see some more Prodigy heads out there. Yes Jilted is probably my favorite too. It just has that darker rawer tone to it that none of their other albums have.
I think you managed to do a very good blend between keeping the important elements from the original track and adding your own thing. :thumbup:

Superology

26 Nov 2022

The dynamic of arrangement is ok, but drums are not worked out at all. :puf_unhappy:

Jagwah

27 Nov 2022

Great work!! I love how you added the guitar in there it sounds really energetic and fits well... Had a few more listens, you must be good at sampling and synthesis and to manage to remix this and keep that same energy / vibe as well as you did is really cool.

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2022

I'm not familiar with Prodigy at all even though I've seen the name pop up quite a bit. Having no point of reference to the original, I like your arrangement. There's enough going on with decent variation to keep interest all the way through. The warm and raw mix works well, too. Nice work!

killhamster

04 Dec 2022

This is wicked, good pick for a song and from an excellent album. Love the heavy guitar . I'd love to have an inside line to some stems and do my own remixes from jilted generation-era prodigy but I haven't had much luck

• Information