What Is The Point Of Code Meter?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
highmarcs
Posts: 28
Joined: 24 Sep 2015

Post 11 Sep 2022

So, per the advice of someone on this forum, I installed the Code Meter software to authorize Reason on my PC.

I HATE WITH A PASSION that every time I use Reason Rack as a vst in Cubse, I have to go through the whole online authorization pop up window nonsense.

I was told that installing Code Meter would allow me to authorize Reason products on my machine so that I wouldn't have to do this nonsense EVERY SINGLE TIME. In other words, Code Meter would authorize Reason stuff to work like EVERY OTHER PLUGIN on my machine.

Well, I installed Code Meter and just opened a Cubase project with some Reason rack instances, and the same annoying online authorization pop up comes up. Sign in... blah, blah, blah. So annoying!!!

What is the point of Code Meter? Why did even bother installing this?

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 795
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 11 Sep 2022

After you downloaded and installed Codemeter, did you go thru the actual authorization process for Reason?

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -computer-

honeyBadger
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Feb 2020

Post 11 Sep 2022

Authorizing for use without Internet access:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... s-it-work-

Scroll down to the without internet access part.

tarsiidea
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 May 2020

Post 13 Sep 2022

I'm pretty sure offline authorisation doesn't work the same for Reason 12 as shown in the support article. I tried a few months ago and on the 'Authorise Computer and Keys' page there was no Computer option listed. I think it only works now if you have a dongle.

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 739
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 13 Sep 2022

Are you trailing any REs at the moment?
Tend the flame

honeyBadger
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Feb 2020

Post 14 Sep 2022

tarsiidea wrote:
13 Sep 2022
I'm pretty sure offline authorisation doesn't work the same for Reason 12 as shown in the support article. I tried a few months ago and on the 'Authorise Computer and Keys' page there was no Computer option listed. I think it only works now if you have a dongle.
It still works on reason 12. RE trials may cause it to ask you to log in.

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 1121
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 14 Sep 2022

tarsiidea wrote:
13 Sep 2022
I'm pretty sure offline authorisation doesn't work the same for Reason 12 as shown in the support article. I tried a few months ago and on the 'Authorise Computer and Keys' page there was no Computer option listed. I think it only works now if you have a dongle.
I'm running Reason 12 with computer authorization without problems (I'm on the latest macOS). If you don't see the option to authorize your computer I'm guessing that either Codemeter is not installed properly, or you might be running Reason+ instead of a perpetual license?

tarsiidea
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 May 2020

Post 14 Sep 2022

Cool to hear it should work, thanks for letting me know! But I tried again, and still no luck. I'm on Windows 10 with Reason 12.2.8. Anyone on Windows 10 have offline authorisation working?

I've installed Codemeter 7.1 from the Reasonstudios download page, the codemeter service is running, but when I got through the authorisation steps, it only lists "no ignition key found" and "no balance found" on the Authorise Computer and Keys page. Nothing listed about authorising my computer like shown on the support page. I'm not trialling any REs, and I'm not using Reason+ (though I was when I originally installed Reason 12).

I might be missing something, but I'm pretty sure I've followed all the steps from the support page article. Would be handy to get offline authorisation to work while travelling. Since it should work, I'll raise a support ticket with Reason Studios.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2365
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 14 Sep 2022

If you've still got R12 installed from the Reason+ trial you might have to uninstall it and download the R12 version from the website and install this version. If this does not allow you to authorise, then you could try to get a newer version of the wibu codemeter runtime installed directly from wibu systems (make sure to install all of its components also the network ones).

honeyBadger
Posts: 90
Joined: 17 Feb 2020

Post 14 Sep 2022

tarsiidea wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Cool to hear it should work, thanks for letting me know! But I tried again, and still no luck. I'm on Windows 10 with Reason 12.2.8. Anyone on Windows 10 have offline authorisation working?

I've installed Codemeter 7.1 from the Reasonstudios download page, the codemeter service is running, but when I got through the authorisation steps, it only lists "no ignition key found" and "no balance found" on the Authorise Computer and Keys page. Nothing listed about authorising my computer like shown on the support page. I'm not trialling any REs, and I'm not using Reason+ (though I was when I originally installed Reason 12).

I might be missing something, but I'm pretty sure I've followed all the steps from the support page article. Would be handy to get offline authorisation to work while travelling. Since it should work, I'll raise a support ticket with Reason Studios.


It’s working for me in windows 10 and reason 12.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 985
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 14 Sep 2022

Had the same issue, potentially this can help you out :-)


"Assembled a new computer and freshly installed Codemeter 7.4 directly from WIBU. The default installation options exclude remote-acess and networkserver. Though from the description they didn´t sound like they would be relevant for the case (had already read them before when trying to authorise the previous machine), after including these in the installationoptions I could finally label the previous computer lost because I did, like mentioned, a clean rescue install and could simply authorise the new computer afterwards.

I couldn´t crosscheck it yet, then I´m quite sure it´s the networkserver/remote access options being excluded from Codemeter´s default installer options, hindering a proper communication between Propellerheads and Codemeter on the computer if not actively activated.

[...]
"
tarsiidea wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Cool to hear it should work, thanks for letting me know! But I tried again, and still no luck. I'm on Windows 10 with Reason 12.2.8. Anyone on Windows 10 have offline authorisation working?

I've installed Codemeter 7.1 from the Reasonstudios download page, the codemeter service is running, but when I got through the authorisation steps, it only lists "no ignition key found" and "no balance found" on the Authorise Computer and Keys page. Nothing listed about authorising my computer like shown on the support page. I'm not trialling any REs, and I'm not using Reason+ (though I was when I originally installed Reason 12).

I might be missing something, but I'm pretty sure I've followed all the steps from the support page article. Would be handy to get offline authorisation to work while travelling. Since it should work, I'll raise a support ticket with Reason Studios.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 985
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 14 Sep 2022

Had the same issue, potentially this can help you out :-)


"Assembled a new computer and freshly installed Codemeter 7.4 directly from WIBU. The default installation options exclude remote-acess and networkserver. Though from the description they didn´t sound like they would be relevant for the case (had already read them before when trying to authorise the previous machine), after including these in the installationoptions I could finally label the previous computer lost because I did, like mentioned, a clean rescue install and could simply authorise the new computer afterwards.

I couldn´t crosscheck it yet, then I´m quite sure it´s the networkserver/remote access options being excluded from Codemeter´s default installer options, hindering a proper communication between Propellerheads and Codemeter on the computer if not actively activated.

[...]
"
And yes it turned out to be the case.

tarsiidea wrote:
14 Sep 2022
Cool to hear it should work, thanks for letting me know! But I tried again, and still no luck. I'm on Windows 10 with Reason 12.2.8. Anyone on Windows 10 have offline authorisation working?

I've installed Codemeter 7.1 from the Reasonstudios download page, the codemeter service is running, but when I got through the authorisation steps, it only lists "no ignition key found" and "no balance found" on the Authorise Computer and Keys page. Nothing listed about authorising my computer like shown on the support page. I'm not trialling any REs, and I'm not using Reason+ (though I was when I originally installed Reason 12).

I might be missing something, but I'm pretty sure I've followed all the steps from the support page article. Would be handy to get offline authorisation to work while travelling. Since it should work, I'll raise a support ticket with Reason Studios.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 985
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 14 Sep 2022

Before being able to use it without logging in, you would have to authorise the computer to be the offline machine.
highmarcs wrote:
11 Sep 2022
So, per the advice of someone on this forum, I installed the Code Meter software to authorize Reason on my PC.

I HATE WITH A PASSION that every time I use Reason Rack as a vst in Cubse, I have to go through the whole online authorization pop up window nonsense.

I was told that installing Code Meter would allow me to authorize Reason products on my machine so that I wouldn't have to do this nonsense EVERY SINGLE TIME. In other words, Code Meter would authorize Reason stuff to work like EVERY OTHER PLUGIN on my machine.

Well, I installed Code Meter and just opened a Cubase project with some Reason rack instances, and the same annoying online authorization pop up comes up. Sign in... blah, blah, blah. So annoying!!!

What is the point of Code Meter? Why did even bother installing this?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: ddrex, kajito and 4 guests