WAUBABY Multi-Wah fx (best wah collection that you know by Turn2on)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Gardinski

28 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2021

Yeah, T4/T6 have an exp in.
Cool. Thanks Mr F. I assumed they must, because it would be daft not to... but what surprises me is that the big ol' LX88 doesn't. (I was tempted to splash out on one until I discovered that.)

littlejam

29 May 2021

hello,

deep diving expression pedals and controllers

the nektar aura webpage states that the 'footswitch' input TRS
can accept to pedals with a 'y' adapter (like for headphones)

has anybody tried hooking up more than 1 pedal / switch with a 'y splitter cable'?

cheers,

j

i might try soldering with the arduino board
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

turn2on
RE Developer

29 May 2021

I think that Aura can receive at 1/4 TRS input TWO mono foot-switch commands only in stereo format (like L/R jack wires). No chances to use expression pedal at this input. But no problem to have 2 On/Off switches at one TRS.

Guitar multi-processors with pedal, usually have USB that send midi data.
Look at various used Zoom / L6 Pod / VOX Tonelab ST / Korg and other fx processors
But need to look at the manual about sending Midi data by usb. Used variants can be cheaper.

Older used processors can have midi i/o

littlejam

29 May 2021

hello,

@turn2on: thank you for that info

my ideal situation is to have a device that can handle more than 2 expression pedals
each expression pedal controls the 'waubaby' with different parameters in reason
1 for my electric guitar
1 for my acoustic guitar
1 for a synth
1 for another synth

i haven't revisited page 1 of this thread where i think the soldering directions are located

again, thanks for providing input

gonna go get the waubaby now

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

Gardinski

29 May 2021

littlejam wrote:
29 May 2021
hello,

@turn2on: thank you for that info

my ideal situation is to have a device that can handle more than 2 expression pedals
each expression pedal controls the 'waubaby' with different parameters in reason
1 for my electric guitar
1 for my acoustic guitar
1 for a synth
1 for another synth

i haven't revisited page 1 of this thread where i think the soldering directions are located

again, thanks for providing input

gonna go get the waubaby now

cheers,

j

Hi J.

The Nektar Pacer has TWO inputs for Expression Pedals and FOUR additional inputs for external footswitches (in addition to all the configurable footswitches on the unit itself).

That obviously doesn't allow you four proper expression pedals, but perhaps* you could use the footswitches to reassign the two pedals in mid-flight.

* (NB: I say 'perhaps' because I haven't tried doing this yet. I've got the Pacer sitting next to me, and only have one Exp pedal to test it with, but will have a test run later.)

ie. Assuming you're unlikely to be playing the Elec and Acoustic guitars at the same time due to a shortage of hands (octopuses notwithstanding), you could set up one of the on/off footswitches to switch between two states.

- In state (A), ExpPedal #1 controls the ELEC GUIT and ExpPedal #2 controls SYNTH A.
- In state (B), ExpPedal #1 controls the ACOUSTIC GUIT and ExpPedal #2 controls SYNTH B.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of any controllers that have four expression pedals (or expression 'ins'), but I may be wrong. The Behringer FCB1010 has TWO expression pedals built in, and is considerably cheaper than the Nektar Pacer (around 100GBP for Behringer, vs. 160GBP for Nektar). However, it looks a lot flimsier, and doesn't have any additional inputs for expression pedals as far as I can tell (just two sockets for 'switches'). Also, it's MIDI only, not USB, which I'd consider a slight handicap. However, you could conceivably buy two of them for not much more than the price of one Nektar Pacer, and that would give you four Expression Pedals, I suppose... if you can find a way of accommodating sufficient midi inputs.

Even so, I still think the switching idea would be neater and more practical for most occasions.

littlejam

30 May 2021

hello,

@Gardinski: thank you for your response
i downloaded the manual for the pacer and am reading it

thanks for specifying that the behringer is midi only
i prefer to use usb

yes, i will only be playing 1 guitar at a time
it would be neat to be able to use both expression pedals on one guitar

i also like your examples of how to use 2 expression pedals

can you tell me what expression pedal you use please?
i am leaning towards the maudio pedal (x2)

thanks again for your help,

j
littlejamaicastudios

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2021

littlejam wrote:
30 May 2021
hello,

i prefer to use usb

j
That M-Audio pedal is ok. It’s got a polarity switch and a trim knob so works with everything (except Line6 crap because of the reasons I gave above. Those people are crooks. ) it’s made of plastic but still pretty sturdy. I’m assuming you won’t be jumping on it or hitting it with a hammer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

30 May 2021

littlejam wrote:
30 May 2021
hello,

i prefer to use usb

j
Thanks J. Much appreciated. :-)

The pedal I have is the Nektar NXP. It's built like a tank: solid and quite heavy. At approx £19.99, it's slightly more expensive than the MAudio (which I think is closer to £13), but not a bad price given the build quality.

I haven't tried the MAudio, but I think the Nektar NXP would be a better choice if you're gigging with it or using it to club burglars over the head.

For strictly domestic use, the MAudio would probably do just as good a job, even if it's a bit more flimsy/ plastic, as Mr Figg suggests.

DaveyG

30 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
30 May 2021

For strictly domestic use, the MAudio would probably do just as good a job, even if it's a bit more flimsy/ plastic, as Mr Figg suggests.
Plastic, yes. Flimsy, not so much. It puts up with my clumsy size 11s and is very cheap to replace if you do manage to break it. I've broken a few guitar pedals in my time, both plastic and metal, but I guess that's because you really do STOMP on them because you have to hit them on the beat whereas an expression/wah is usually a less timely thing.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
30 May 2021
littlejam wrote:
30 May 2021
hello,

i prefer to use usb

j
Thanks J. Much appreciated. :-)

The pedal I have is the Nektar NXP. It's built like a tank: solid and quite heavy. At approx £19.99, it's slightly more expensive than the MAudio (which I think is closer to £13), but not a bad price given the build quality.

I haven't tried the MAudio, but I think the Nektar NXP would be a better choice if you're gigging with it or using it to club burglars over the head.

Might get one. I’ve got the Nektar footswitch and it’s good build quality. My M—Audio does the job but I like Nektar stuff. It’s all plastic right? The M-Audio one is actually half the price.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

30 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2021

Might get one. I’ve got the Nektar footswitch and it’s good build quality. My M—Audio does the job but I like Nektar stuff. It’s all plastic right?
Yeah, except for the base plate which is metal, which gives it a bit more weight.

I really like Nektar's stuff. It's great quality... but then, I like the Line6 gear too, which I know you're not so keen on. My only niggle with Line6 is that I managed to destroy the battery & charger for my Variax by (stupidly) connecting the PodXT power cable to it by mistake. They look practically identical (to an idiot, anyway), so the only giveaway was the rising plume of acrid blue smoke and the lingering smell of napalm.

Ludicrously, it's going to cost about 90 quid to replace the battery & charger, unless I go down the dodgy 'Alibaba' route. (Slightly scared to do that: I fear it's a house fire waiting to happen.) :lol:

Ottostrom

13 Jan 2022

Now after I've had some time to play around with this RE (after getting picked for the Xmas giveaway :D) I have to say that it really deserves all the praise it's been getting!
Super easy to use and the auto-wah is a breeze to set up, which is the feature I was most excited about. Absolutely love the sound of the default Full Neo with it's wide frequency range :)
I also appreciate the built in 6 band eq for quickly fixing any problem areas which might arise when going for more extreme settings.
Been using it on both guitar & bass and when combined with amps and other effects it really lets me create some truly funky tones! Will be using this a lot going forward :thumbs_up:

turn2on
RE Developer

31 Jan 2022

WAUBABY (Multi-Wah) Update v.1.1.3:

- Stereo signal bugfix.
- More smoothing character to reduce low noise artefacts.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... multi-wah/

turn2on
RE Developer

10 Sep 2022

WAUBABY v. 1.2 update:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... multi-wah/

Include 7 new wah-wah pedal models and 9 new frequency range modes:
- Morly Power Wah
- Colorsnd Wah
- Ibnz Wh10 v3 Wah (Guitar and Bass versions)
- IBS Stanley Clark Signatured Bass Wah
- DNLP Justin Chancellor Wah (Guitar Wah and UK Filter modes)
- DNLP Nocentelli Mardi Gras Wah
- Sonic Wahoo Wah

Finally, now in WAUBABY avaliable 35 pedals and 70 frequency range modes.

Loque

10 Sep 2022

Great additions 👍
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Sep 2022

Yep. Best wah.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

10 Sep 2022

awesome update... thanks for your unending love of the rack ecosystem :exclamation:
it is odd that sync all no longer syncs all when a developer updates a product. Thanks for the heads up on this update.
viewtopic.php?f=7&p=618169#p618169
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

10 Sep 2022

I also noticed you made an update for the BlueDepth Epic Reverb Effect. Thank you... I still find it strange that sync all is not working for 5 different updates I found today... off to see if there are more I missed :exclamation:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rb-effect/
EDIT> the shop has been acting up for some time... I found the update for BlueDepth Epic Reverb Effect . I hit purchase and before I downloaded it( thinking I would use sync all to do so after checking if there were any other updates available instead of doing one at a time)... when I went to the cart after checking for other racks that authorizer missed, the reverb was no longer in my cart ! I am also seeing other racks show up that are free or that have a cost ( THAT I OWN ) , yet when I go through the plugins and sound page or a sale page I continue to get things showing up I already own that when you click on the item, you get to the page and it states download. This has become quite annoying. I am logged in... The site should know what I already own in my account ! It can't be that hard to do this simple task. I realize they are fixing stuff with the program... but the site you buy stuff from should at least work properly in my opinion when you are logged in. :thumbs_down: These are some I ran in to today... Amplifikation Clarent Guitar Amp, MODRACK VCF, Little LFO, Mr.Overdrive, Polymodular CV Break Out Box, Mesher-8B - CV Buttons Rout Panel, and Polymodular Audio Merger :question: :question: Please fix your site Reason Studios !

crimsonwarlock

11 Sep 2022

moneykube wrote:
10 Sep 2022
I am also seeing other racks show up that are free or that have a cost ( THAT I OWN ) , yet when I go through the plugins and sound page or a sale page I continue to get things showing up I already own that when you click on the item, you get to the page and it states download. This has become quite annoying.
They are aware of this problem, as I and others have submitted tickets for it. So far, the response is that the problem seems to manifest for users that have a large number of products in their account.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

11 Sep 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Sep 2022
moneykube wrote:
10 Sep 2022
I am also seeing other racks show up that are free or that have a cost ( THAT I OWN ) , yet when I go through the plugins and sound page or a sale page I continue to get things showing up I already own that when you click on the item, you get to the page and it states download. This has become quite annoying.
They are aware of this problem, as I and others have submitted tickets for it. So far, the response is that the problem seems to manifest for users that have a large number of products in their account.
That would explain why I always see it when I visit the shop. I had over 200 REs 5 or 6 years ago... no idea how many I have now. ha ha ha

Anyway... to bring the thread back to WauBaby... easily the best wah in the shop... no contest! Get it!!
This update made the best even better! Wow. Thank you, Turn2On!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

littlejam

11 Sep 2022

hello,

thank you very much for the update to waubaby and bluedepth reverb

very much appreciated

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios

moneykube

11 Sep 2022

challism wrote:
11 Sep 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Sep 2022

That would explain why I always see it when I visit the shop. I had over 200 REs 5 or 6 years ago... no idea how many I have now. ha ha ha

Anyway... to bring the thread back to WauBaby... easily the best wah in the shop... no contest! Get it!!
This update made the best even better! Wow. Thank you, Turn2On!
sorry I went on a tangent(I did not mean to derail the thread, but I was manly annoyed that authorizer does not update racks I own. Thanks to this site > I was informed of most of the updates and was unaware others were experiencing problems in the shop with products they own)... I am glad the company is aware of the problem. I also own a lot of racks so I guess that is the problem. Back to topic Waubaby is the best wah rack indeed :thumbup:

wendylou

14 Sep 2022

[Update] Nevermind - I had the Soft Bypass mapped backward - duh!

I just purchased it but can't hear the effect. My pedal is plugged into my Nektar Panorama P6 keyboard, and I use Remote Override to map it to the frequency knob of the Waubaby – it does move with the pedal action, but I can't hear any change in frequency. I know it's connected because if I turn it off, no sound passes through.

Is this a monitoring issue? I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

turn2on
RE Developer

15 Sep 2022

Hi, wendylou.
It's nice to hear that you have already found the problem and can use the device.

wendylou

16 Sep 2022

turn2on wrote:
15 Sep 2022
Hi, wendylou.
It's nice to hear that you have already found the problem and can use the device.
FYI I put all my guitar effects into a combinator, and all Kuassa effects have a software button for "On/Bypass," which lights up when pressed "On". Conversely, when you press the Waubaby "Soft Bypass," it bypasses and lights up! Not realizing this, I programmed your software button the same as I did for every Kuassa device. Thus when I thought I was enabling it, I was bypassing it. Duh! With most other devices, a light "on" usually indicates that it is enabled, not bypassed.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information