RRP limitations

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Loque

26 Aug 2022

rcbuse wrote:
26 Aug 2022
...Compared to weekend RE developers, who are usually making things for themselves to use, will polish and beta test that stuff forever and ever.
Yep. Some things i tested took months to see the light, some years, some more than a few years and some never had or will have a release day :-D
Reason12, Win10

jmp909

26 Aug 2022

I think not having multiple MIDI in channels is a big oversight.

for instance I want to route 2 different devices to a submixer and have one device affect the other, but sequence them as separate MIDI tracks. Currently I'd have to split keyboard

on the main Reason app you can choose where your MIDI goes from the Hardware Interface -> Advanced MIDI

did I miss something? can you at least route multiple Loopback cables into one RRP instance?

challism

27 Aug 2022

rcbuse wrote:
26 Aug 2022
electrofux wrote:
26 Aug 2022
And it feels kinda weird to me when some Reasonstudios own devices have a kindof lackluster remote implementation (Umpf anyone?) while Re devs put so much effort into it even though it might not be the most profitable time investment (only a guess).
Praises to any dev who does that.
I think there are a lot of additional pressures when you are talking about the ReasonStudios stuff, getting things tested and shipped before certain dates gets features dropped. Certainly when they approach a 3rd party to do development with a budget and set requirements, once those requirements are met the project is wrapped. Compared to weekend RE developers, who are usually making things for themselves to use, will polish and beta test that stuff forever and ever.
Let's hear it for the "weekend developers". I appreciate you guys and the many, many wonderful devices you have brought to the shop. <3 Thank you all!
Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2022
rcbuse wrote:
26 Aug 2022
...Compared to weekend RE developers, who are usually making things for themselves to use, will polish and beta test that stuff forever and ever.
Yep. Some things i tested took months to see the light, some years, some more than a few years and some never had or will have a release day :-D
And some were tested just on the weekend.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

SebAudio

10 Sep 2022

SebAudio wrote:
25 Aug 2022
Jac459 wrote:
25 Aug 2022

I just tried to reproduce by creating a new song, adding a RRP with few parameters. I close the song and bitwig. I reopen, the parameters name are still there and correct. Do you want me to try something else ?
Thank you ! So in Bitwig it’s ok. It must have something to do with the « init / loading » of VSTs in Live perhaps. RS would not take into account a problem which occurs with some DAWs and not others (there’s a similar problem with macros mapped on a RRP device, I’ve told them, they’ve responded I have to deal with Ableton).
Too bad I don’t feel right with Bitwig because the remote control of VST parameters is far advanced than Live’s one !
Just to let those interested know that Ableton is aware of the problem and is already tracking it down (but not resolved yet)

• Information