Reason 12.2.8 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

08 Sep 2022

there are other promised things which apparently should be prioritized over fixing the things that are obviously broken I guess. makes total sense. 🥲
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Stamatz

08 Sep 2022

I totally agree with JiggeryPokery. The graphical glitches should have been address day 1 and a fix released on the very first update. Yes it's not show stopping but it's sloppy and unprofessional. If the splash screen showed RAISON instead of REASON, would they fix it right away or say "Hey. it's not a show stopper" and leave it as?

These things should have been their number one priority right after R12 dropped in the form it did. Not to address these issues so long after release tells me they really have no intentions on addressing or fixing. Don't get me started on the Dr. Octo Rex label 3 which is really 2 on the back.

Maybe these issues will be addressed sooner rather than later but I doubt it if it hasn't already been done at this point.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Heater

08 Sep 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Your comment there is exact the kind of gate-keeping "Oh well it doesn't happen to me so it therefore isn't a problem for anyone" hand-waving "Useful Idiot"* nonsense that makes having an actual discussion about issues so difficult, because RS use you guys to moderate and denigrate negative discussion on their behalf, because your default position is just to defend unprofessional behaviour, rather than call it out for what it is, as you likely would do for any product that you're not a gatekeeper or moderator for.
I agree. It's been obvious that negative comments about RS is not welcome here. We paid good money for Reason we've been loyal customers but a lot of us are getting pretty fed up with the promises and slippages of fixes features that a lot of DAWs have already implemented.

To the point where I'm only really using Reason for legacy projects. Shocking really. I don't know if it's a lack of staff or a lack of skills or both.

Chi-Individual

08 Sep 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Entire Windows not redrawing correctly after resume from lock screen:
Since the latest macOS update on my M1 14" this has been the situation every time my laptop is awakened from sleep mode when Reason is open when it falls asleep. I either have to wave my mouse over the black out spots like a madman until all graphics come back or just close and relaunch to continue and see the entire screen. So, it's def an issue.

deeplink
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2022

Chi-Individual wrote:
08 Sep 2022
JiggeryPokery wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Entire Windows not redrawing correctly after resume from lock screen:
Since the latest macOS update on my M1 14" this has been the situation every time my laptop is awakened from sleep mode when Reason is open when it falls asleep. I either have to wave my mouse over the black out spots like a madman until all graphics come back or just close and relaunch to continue and see the entire screen. So, it's def an issue.
I assume you guys have sent bug reports for this?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Arpeg
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2022

I am also still having graphical issues exactly the same shown in JP's YT upload - Win 10, i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz with GeForce GTX 1050.

Also, a few hours ago my Drum Sequencer (DS) crashed. I was recording into DS from the redrum pattern sequencer lane and about to record into pattern 8 on the DS but quickly moved my arrow cursor to velocity, clicked it to check volumes (I wasn't recording at the time of said click) and that's when I got a box with a red cross in the corner and a message telling me that DS has crashed, so random.. Deleted DS device and track and didn't replace it, just used pattern mutator instead. All I had running was redrum and drum sequencer with 7 recorded patterns in it from the sequencer lane at the time of crash. This is after updating to 12.2.8

RobBarnett

08 Sep 2022

Reason 12.2.8 crashed on me today. I clicked save during playback and bang.

Macbook Pro M1 Max

crimsonwarlock

08 Sep 2022

Heater wrote:
08 Sep 2022
It's been obvious that negative comments about RS is not welcome here.
Seriously? Over the last year, I have seen much more negative comments about RS here than anything else. Even discussions that are started on positive topics, like sound design or production, seem to get run over by negativity. The bulk of discussions is about moving to another DAW, and using VST plugins instead of Rack Extensions (because they also suck obviously), which in turn starts the complaining about VST3 not yet being available. The forum has basically degraded in one big negativity fest.

So, what were you saying again?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moalla

08 Sep 2022

Crimsonwarlock most of this people your talking about, are frustrated about the slow progress, i don´t think that the reasonuserbase is so dumbfounded by reasonstudios.
At all the sick side of RackExtension updates that will not happen by a lot of devs, the sequencer limitations every reasonuser admonishes , no clip launcher, no smart looper or looping capabilities, no comping, a unstable midi clock...

But i must say first i read the bugfix list of 12.2.8 i thought this must be a joke only some fixes.... so no need to install.
So i´m curious when the coders are able to give us VST3 :|
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Stamatz

08 Sep 2022

I love Reason and have no intentions on switching to another daw. I also have Bitwig and Ableton insatlled but always use Reason primarily. I don't think the RE's suck and actually think all of them are great especially the utilities and tools, Delta midi computer comes to mind and there are hunrdreds of examples of great RE's. I just wish they would just focus on fixing the easy things first (ie. Transport Bar Graphich issues, etc.). OK maybe not that easy in the background but you get the gist.

As far moving forward the update was a surprise to me, wasn't expecting any updates until at least November so that was nice to see BUT they didn't include fixes for what I would like to see fixed...lol

Would love to see some form of clip launcing with support for launchpads in the future, maybe R13? Until then I'm using the Launhpad pro mk3 with kong, and few dr. octo rex's mapped. Almost like clip launching from those other daws.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

ProfessaKaos

08 Sep 2022

Everyone with issues should beta test and report them. I beta test and I have no issues that I have come across in the last few (or more) updates, but I still beta test in case I do have issues so I can report them as I don't want issues with Reason. The more people that report the same issue (you would think) there would be more reason to address it. Maybe my logical thinking doesn't work, but it keeps my logical mind satisfied.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

MarkTarlton

09 Sep 2022

loui wrote:
08 Sep 2022
MarkTarlton wrote:
07 Sep 2022
the last update broke my plug in search menu for any manufactures that have more than 99 plug ins, like waves and ua, so I have reservations on updating especially since the "sort" option being broken
Are you referring to the 12.2.8 release?

Did you file a report to our Tech Support or even better, if you are a beta tester, report it as a bug ticket.

Can you please elaborate on this? Write down the exact steps

Are you on Windows or macOS?
I couldn't reproduce this on Windows. Searching for e.g. waves returned 800+ search results.

Edit: Cant repro on macOS either.

Anyone else having issues with search not returning more than 99 hits?

/Loui
I'm on osx 10.14.6 and I have seen at least one other person that I can remember who had the same issue, and I was referring to 12.2.7

I made a quick video. under the create menu at the top of the screen only 99 plug ins show up, but if I go to the left side they are there, but I don't like doing that because it takes too long to scroll, and breaks my flow, hope that makes sense... and the video link is being weird because it's on google drive so you'll need to download it most likely to watch it

crimsonwarlock

09 Sep 2022

moalla wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Crimsonwarlock most of this people your talking about, are frustrated about the slow progress, i don´t think that the reasonuserbase is so dumbfounded by reasonstudios.
But that was not the point I was making. It seems obvious to me that negativity about RS is allowed in abundance here.

Most of the complaints are valid, although the constant repeating of the (negative) things we already know does get old.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Neo

09 Sep 2022

I wonder how many users would have not upgraded to 12 hadn't it been for the the road-map release. RS has always felt like a rocky marriage.. (remember when props said VST would never come.. lol) I think most of the hater comments come from a place of passion, users genuinely want RS to succeed and just deliver..
And in the great words of Greta Thunberg.. Blah Blah Blah lol.
Happy 9.09 day.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

stillifegaijin

09 Sep 2022

Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great.

Kilsane

09 Sep 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Heater wrote:
08 Sep 2022
It's been obvious that negative comments about RS is not welcome here.
Seriously? Over the last year, I have seen much more negative comments about RS here than anything else. Even discussions that are started on positive topics, like sound design or production, seem to get run over by negativity. The bulk of discussions is about moving to another DAW, and using VST plugins instead of Rack Extensions (because they also suck obviously), which in turn starts the complaining about VST3 not yet being available. The forum has basically degraded in one big negativity fest.

And when VST3 will be available, we will be able to read that Reason sucks because it does not support CLAP ^^

Loque

09 Sep 2022

Kilsane wrote:
09 Sep 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
08 Sep 2022

And when VST3 will be available, we will be able to read that Reason sucks because it does not support CLAP ^^
Yepp... And if it does, it sucks, because no FILLINANYWORD...
Reason12, Win10

Neo

09 Sep 2022

stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022

lol
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

deeplink
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2022

There are three different views reflected in this forum;

1. Impatience over long requested and planned feature additions
2. Concerns over qualtiy control and the remaining aesthetic and system bugs
3. Annoyance that the the above two items keep coming up as its been discussed at length on this forum and RS has asserted that they are well aware of it.

Let's move on.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

steff3

09 Sep 2022

Kilsane wrote:
09 Sep 2022

And nothing's wrong about that .... from the feature set that is the more interesting plugin format ;) Although, guess, reason could not really take full advantage of that one ... so it might lead to more FRs and complaints ;)

chimp_spanner

09 Sep 2022

On the subject of Remote support, anyone know if the Arturia Keylabs Essential 61 is included now? I'd probably consider updating just to get that even if it means temporarily losing the sort feature.

stillifegaijin

09 Sep 2022

Neo wrote:
09 Sep 2022
stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022

lol
Sorry. Very drunk post. Not trying to start anything. The whiskey got to me. My bad.

Spasy

09 Sep 2022

They should really start supporting more keyboards and stuff.. I mean.. Komplete Kontrol keyboards are very popular and we have to use workarounds. Same with MPC or Maschine.. It would be SO NICE to use Maschine or MPC with Kong for example. (again, I know there are kinda difficult to set up workarounds but cmon.. ) It´s nice to see at least some of the devices being supported now, I just hope there will be more in the future.

Very excited for R13 and VST3 support tho

EnochLight

09 Sep 2022

stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022
stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022
Sorry. Very drunk post. Not trying to start anything. The whiskey got to me. My bad.
Mod note: As a fellow connoisseur of various bourbons, whiskey, and scotch - trust me - I get it. ;) :lol: But thanks for saving face and apologizing - we'd prefer not to have to issue warnings for stuff like this. Let's keep things civil, folks. :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DaveyG

09 Sep 2022

stillifegaijin wrote:
09 Sep 2022
I assumed that was the new Reason marketing tagline.

• Information