Reason 12.2.8 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2022

Source: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

Added Remote support for several MIDI controllers
Akai MPK Mini mk3
Akai MPK Mini Play
Alesis V series mkII
Alesis Vortex Wireless
M-Audio Oxygen MkV series
Novation Launchkey mk3 and Launchkey 88

Fixed graphical issues that occurred on older Windows Radeon graphics cards

Fixed several bugs in the Rack model:
- Devices could be moved above Mix Channel when dragged
- Players could be misplaced when changing device order

Temporarily disabled the function "Sort Selected Device Groups" as it could cause corrupt .reason documents, yikes! We’re working on getting this back as soon as possible.

Fixed a bug that could cause Reason to crash when using or opening a document with a really tall rack
Fixed a bug that could make Mixer faders jump to the maximum value when adjusting multiple faders at once
Fixed a bug that could cause a host DAW to crash when Reason Rack Plugin AU contained a Kong with a backdrop image
Improved drag and drop from Reason’s browser. Samples now load faster and the GUI updates quicker during drag operations
Fixed a bug where Spider Audio Merger/Splitter introduced a slight delay
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Jac459

07 Sep 2022

Awesome !
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Loque

07 Sep 2022

deeplink wrote:
07 Sep 2022
Fixed a bug where Spider Audio Merger/Splitter introduced a slight delay
Wat? 🤔
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

07 Sep 2022

These bug fixes are a great sign :clap: I might have to trial R12 again soon :thumbup:

I wonder if we are going to see another roadmap for Reason 2023/24, yes I know people are still waiting for 22 roadmap completion but I really want to see what the future holds for the daw/sequencer before I restored purchasing ;)

I'm definitely more positive about the future..

PhillipOrdonez

07 Sep 2022

Nice!

huggermugger

07 Sep 2022

ffs
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 8.31.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 8.31.14 AM.png (23.76 KiB) Viewed 7522 times

RobC

07 Sep 2022

deeplink wrote:
07 Sep 2022
Fixed a bug that could make Mixer faders jump to the maximum value when adjusting multiple faders at once
You know, when I want to take advantage of 116+ dB dynamic range (sound design primarily)... I mean, the DAC will be at 0 dB, headphone amp will also be at 100%, that with IEMs. If a fader jumps like that with the wrong sound, that might cost me a few octaves. x D

I really need some safety RMS limiter... Though a power outage causing loud noise, or if a sneaky windows sound manages to get over ASIO4ALL, I'm likely screwed as well.

chimp_spanner

07 Sep 2022

huggermugger wrote:
07 Sep 2022
ffs
Luckily I haven't encountered this bug yet. I'm gonna chance it and stick on the current version until it's re-instated officially. I can't be without this feature.

Propellerhands

07 Sep 2022

I would love if they improved Track Colouring. Using drop down menu is tiresome and very hard to do accurately with a mouse. Would be way better to click on some button and then choose from a 5x5 list or something. More efficient, don't you think? Ableton has it best, just right click and choose from available colours.
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

rgdaniel

07 Sep 2022

chimp_spanner wrote:
07 Sep 2022
huggermugger wrote:
07 Sep 2022
ffs
Luckily I haven't encountered this bug yet. I'm gonna chance it and stick on the current version until it's re-instated officially. I can't be without this feature.
Same... that sort thing is my best tool for staying organized... haven't had a problem yet, knock wood...

challism

07 Sep 2022

Billy+ wrote:
07 Sep 2022
These bug fixes are a great sign :clap: I might have to trial R12 again soon :thumbup:

I wonder if we are going to see another roadmap for Reason 2023/24, yes I know people are still waiting for 22 roadmap completion but I really want to see what the future holds for the daw/sequencer before I restored purchasing ;)

I'm definitely more positive about the future..
I wouldn't be surprised if RS stop releasing roadmaps due to the way the user base held them to the very soft dates, as if they were promises or gospel.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

07 Sep 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
07 Sep 2022
chimp_spanner wrote:
07 Sep 2022

Same... that sort thing is my best tool for staying organized... haven't had a problem yet, knock wood...
I'm hoping that when they fix it, they might visit the idea of adding an auto-sort option.

MarkTarlton

07 Sep 2022

the last update broke my plug in search menu for any manufactures that have more than 99 plug ins, like waves and ua, so I have reservations on updating especially since the "sort" option being broken

StephenHutchinson

07 Sep 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
07 Sep 2022
I would love if they improved Track Colouring. Using drop down menu is tiresome and very hard to do accurately with a mouse. Would be way better to click on some button and then choose from a 5x5 list or something. More efficient, don't you think? Ableton has it best, just right click and choose from available colours.
I'll go you one further... I think Bitwig does it best. ;) Colours are automatically available on every track in the top left side of the DAW. No dropdown needed... unless you don't like the default choices... then you can tap the flyout menu.... and voom! Don't like those colours? Import your own... under the User > Import from Image section on the flyout.

Amen.

Bitwig Colors.png
Bitwig Colors.png (56.58 KiB) Viewed 7084 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

loui
Reason Studios

08 Sep 2022

MarkTarlton wrote:
07 Sep 2022
the last update broke my plug in search menu for any manufactures that have more than 99 plug ins, like waves and ua, so I have reservations on updating especially since the "sort" option being broken
Are you referring to the 12.2.8 release?

Did you file a report to our Tech Support or even better, if you are a beta tester, report it as a bug ticket.

Can you please elaborate on this? Write down the exact steps

Are you on Windows or macOS?
I couldn't reproduce this on Windows. Searching for e.g. waves returned 800+ search results.

Edit: Cant repro on macOS either.

Anyone else having issues with search not returning more than 99 hits?

/Loui
Last edited by loui on 08 Sep 2022, edited 2 times in total.

deigm

08 Sep 2022

Sweet!

Overtherainbow

08 Sep 2022

awesome they fixed the mixer faders bug. Also a great sign they did some job on the ol' spider.

deigm

08 Sep 2022

Overtherainbow wrote:
08 Sep 2022
awesome they fixed the mixer faders bug. Also a great sign they did some job on the ol' spider.
Was the spider delay a known issue? I've never noticed it

Overtherainbow

08 Sep 2022

deigm wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Was the spider delay a known issue? I've never noticed it
Never noticed it myself. This is more of a nice gesture to me. But the mixer faders thing was doing my head in. I actually thought it was me who's been doing something wrong rather than it being a bug. Good riddance.

Pepin

08 Sep 2022

Nice to see that mixer bug fixed!

Propellerhands

08 Sep 2022

StephenHutchinson wrote:
07 Sep 2022

I'll go you one further... I think Bitwig does it best. ;) Colours are automatically available on every track in the top left side of the DAW. No dropdown needed... unless you don't like the default choices... then you can tap the flyout menu.... and voom! Don't like those colours? Import your own... under the User > Import from Image section on the flyout.
Haven't tried Bitwig, but yeah that would be even better. However I think it could reduce screen real estate on already tiny DAW sequencer like Reason. But damn I hate those drop-down menus like a plague. And in Reason they take up ENTIRE screen (1920x1080).
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Sep 2022

Transport visuals:
Not fixed. :(
Screenshot 2022-09-08 142624.png
Screenshot 2022-09-08 142624.png (5.55 KiB) Viewed 6748 times
Rack black glitch errors:
Not fixed.
Screenshot 2022-09-08 142923.png
Screenshot 2022-09-08 142923.png (14.2 KiB) Viewed 6748 times
Sequencer and comp mode clips flickering visuals:
Not fixed.

Entire Windows not redrawing correctly after resume from lock screen:
Not sure, I'll get back to you. But my hopes aren't exactly high.

Vector Text scaling:
Still not fixed. Still applying default 100% text resolution and then applying screen-scaling. If you want a real giggle, check out Skrock's near all-drawn-text Pulse UI at non-100%. :lol: How anyone, anywhere at RSHQ thinks any of this is acceptable or something to be proud of is quite beyond me.

Hardware
Ryzen 3800X/Nvidia GTX1070.

For the record, what, exactly, was fixed that comes solely under "old Radeon hardware"? Proof, or it never happened! ;)
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 08 Sep 2022, edited 2 times in total.

Loque

08 Sep 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Guess they try to make the most high prior things first.
1. Crash
2. Sound
3. Work
4. Livingroom
5. Bored and fix something nearly never happening...
Reason12, Win10

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

08 Sep 2022

Loque wrote:
08 Sep 2022
JiggeryPokery wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Guess they try to make the most high prior things first.
1. Crash
2. Sound
3. Work
4. Livingroom
Having the thing look like it's running properly on influencer videos isn't a high enough priority?

OK! Now we know!

I've not done any more rack videos (rubbish and little-seen as they are, yes, yes, but extrapolate for a moment to actual influencers of talent ;) ) because the visual glitches are just embarrassing and make everyone look like a cnut.
Loque wrote:
08 Sep 2022

With all due respect, Loque, these glitches happen every single time I use Reason 12, and I know I'm not the only one. So please don't damn well gaslight me and tell me my experience is false and that "nearly never happens", just because you're either lucky enough you've never seen it, or you have and pretend you don't.

Your comment there is exact the kind of gate-keeping "Oh well it doesn't happen to me so it therefore isn't a problem for anyone" hand-waving "Useful Idiot"* nonsense that makes having an actual discussion about issues so difficult, because RS use you guys to moderate and denigrate negative discussion on their behalf, because your default position is just to defend unprofessional behaviour, rather than call it out for what it is, as you likely would do for any product that you're not a gatekeeper or moderator for.

And just because it's a visual glitch and not a program-stopping one, the end result is just as unprofessional and people pointing it out shouldn't be denigrated or dismissed as merely trolls (you're not doing that there, but I've seen others do it). Yes, sound and crash errors are a priority, but it's been out a year and it still looks as piss-poor as it did before they launched it to, they imply, more paying customers than ever before.

Do people now just have no expectations as to quality control now?

Loque

08 Sep 2022

JiggeryPokery wrote:
08 Sep 2022
Loque wrote:
08 Sep 2022

With all due respect, Loque, these glitches happen every single time I use Reason 12, and I know I'm not the only one. So please don't damn well gaslight me and tell me my experience is false and that "nearly never happens", just because you're either lucky enough you've never seen it, or you have and pretend you don't.
Relax...i know most of those mentioned bugs. I see the glitches when i open Reason. For me they are not that dramatic than for others. I sometimes have fun with the glitches and bugs as long as they do not destroy my work as you can see here:
viewtopic.php?p=615025#p615025

I hope they get all the glitches sorted rather sooner than later, but we all know, that there are other promised things, which also need to be addressed. At some point you make decisions and priorities...They may not fit your or my needs, but they were done...
Reason12, Win10

• Information