POLL: Summer Sale 2022 - How much did you spend?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

How much did you spend? USD

1- $200 and over
5%
2- $150 - $199
1%
3- $100 - $149
4%
4- $50 - $99
12%
5- $25 - $49
11%
6- $10 -$24
4%
7- under $10
5%
8 Free - I used vouchers from Rewards
4%
9- I didn't buy anything
52%

Total votes: 134
miyaru

05 Sep 2022

I bought the upgrade, went from 11 Suite to R 12 perpetual.....
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

challism

05 Sep 2022

I bought Obsession; $39 was a steal - too cheap to pass up. And was finally able to complete my Synapse RE collection.

As for the discussion that this thread has morphed into, I believe turning Reason into the optional RRP was the single smartest decision the company made in the last decade. I think plenty of RRP users are reaching for stock Reason devices, I know I would be if I was a regular RRP user... Combi2, Malstrom, Subtractor, Kong, Redrum, Mimic, Thor, Echo, Scream, Pulverizer so many great stock devices.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

strangers
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2022

I'm in the $50-$99 range for this sale. I haven't bought any REs in a while. I picked up a few here after trialing a handful of REs.

Bought:
1. Pattern Mutator - I wrote this player off in the past and eventually found a purpose. This is great for the times I have a melodic idea but struggling with the rhythm and/or phrasing.
2. Speo Strive - I trialed this the last time it was on sale and missed grabbing it before the sale ended.
3. Can't remember what the 3rd item was. I should probably check.

Considered but didn't buy:
1. Synapse Obsession - This sounds really good but I really don't need to add to my synth collection. Heavy emphasis on collection.
2. Speo Tribute - I was close to buying this especially for only $15. I tend to like synths that don't have an overwhelming number of options and included effects. The addition of being able to export your own wavetables is pretty cool. I'll probably kick myself for not getting this. Hopefully, it's on sale again.

Aside from the above, nothing else really caught my attention. There's too much of the same things that are constantly on sale. Some devs might benefit from doing what Lectric Panda did; make your regular price your lowest sale price especially if you're consistently throwing the same sales out there.

guitfnky

05 Sep 2022

challism wrote:
05 Sep 2022
As for the discussion that this thread has morphed into, I believe turning Reason into the optional RRP was the single smartest decision the company made in the last decade.
for the company, yes, couldn’t agree more. for users who love(d) the Reason DAW, I think it’s the single worst decision they’ve made. even the RE market has really dwindled (arguably) as a result.

that said, I think the RRP is great too and I’m glad I have access to Grain and other devices in Live, Reaper, and Bitwig, even if I find myself using the RRP less and less, generally.

(sorry Loque 🥲 WOMP WOMP)
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jmp909

05 Sep 2022

not a Reason+ subscriber and don't generally buy RE's as I'm just not using Reason enough, but I thought Umpf Bundle with Drum Sequencer thrown in and Robotic Bean's Sequences were a good deal at $96 all in for knocking up some quick beats & ideas without having to start laying out arrangement parts etc and wiring up various effects chains to Mimic etc

definitely some limitations with those (eg Drum Sequencer could really do with 1/32 notes to go with half speed to extend the length lane to essentially 32 steps / 8 beats)

been enjoying using them anyway

kitekrazy

05 Sep 2022

With REs, Built in, VSTs, being a casual DAW for me, Reason can easily get overwhelming.

challism

05 Sep 2022

guitfnky wrote:
05 Sep 2022
for the company, yes, couldn’t agree more. for users who love(d) the Reason DAW, I think it’s the single worst decision they’ve made. even the RE market has really dwindled (arguably) as a result.
It goes without sayin that we all hope RS will focus on DAW/sequencer improvements and at least (continue? to )try to compete in that arena.

As for the RE market, I believe the decline happened long before the introduction of RRP. RRP was released in 2019 (Reason 11), the RE market's glory days were years before that. I used to always be beta testing at least 3 REs at any given time, no joke. Now it seems like there might be months between betas. I'm not sure exactly when the height of RE frenzy was, but it had died off considerably before R11 and RRP. Inclusion of VSTs probably didn't help encourage new RE development, and burying the shop link on the RS website for over a year obviously made things much worse for 3rd party devs.
guitfnky wrote:
05 Sep 2022
I think there is potential for a new signature here.

dvdrtldg

05 Sep 2022

Jiggery Pokery's Psyclone for $9, that's it

There's a bunch of other stuff that I've trialled & liked, but can't quite convince myself to buy - BLG, Obsession, plenty of Ekss REs. Maybe next time. Maybe never

Jac459

05 Sep 2022

challism wrote:
05 Sep 2022
I believe turning Reason into the optional RRP was the single smartest decision the company made in the last decade. I think plenty of RRP users are reaching for stock Reason devices, I know I would be if I was a regular RRP user... Combi2, Malstrom, Subtractor, Kong, Redrum, Mimic, Thor, Echo, Scream, Pulverizer so many great stock devices.
Couldn't agree more...

And I confirm than being an RRP user with solid GAS, I STILL continue to reach a lot to the RRP. That's just a great VST.

But I definitely stopped buying a lot of RE. Now, they need to improve the modular / combinator integration to make it more appealing to buy an RE as a part of a modular ecosystem...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

guitfnky

05 Sep 2022

challism wrote:
05 Sep 2022
guitfnky wrote:
05 Sep 2022
It goes without sayin that we all hope RS will focus on DAW/sequencer improvements and at least (continue? to )try to compete in that arena.

As for the RE market, I believe the decline happened long before the introduction of RRP. RRP was released in 2019 (Reason 11), the RE market's glory days were years before that. I used to always be beta testing at least 3 REs at any given time, no joke. Now it seems like there might be months between betas. I'm not sure exactly when the height of RE frenzy was, but it had died off considerably before R11 and RRP. Inclusion of VSTs probably didn't help encourage new RE development, and burying the shop link on the RS website for over a year obviously made things much worse for 3rd party devs.
guitfnky wrote:
05 Sep 2022
I think there is potential for a new signature here.
yeah, that’s a fair possibility too. I may have to do that with the signature idea 😂
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Jagwah

05 Sep 2022

dan_g wrote:
05 Sep 2022
Shopped for 0€. used 75 of my reward Points to get The Legend and Polar.
Polar is great it's a shame it lightly colours the sound with a bit of a 'in a tin can' sounding effect, but that buffer delay is so cool! :)

Jagwah

05 Sep 2022

guitfnky wrote:
05 Sep 2022
...so, I can be sour on RS either way.
Being sour on RS is, after all these years, very warranted. I hate the negative foul hatred I spit on these forums at RS and I try to cut it down but you know - warranted.

challism

06 Sep 2022

Jagwah wrote:
05 Sep 2022
guitfnky wrote:
05 Sep 2022
...so, I can be sour on RS either way.
Being sour on RS is, after all these years, very warranted. I hate the negative foul hatred I spit on these forums at RS and I try to cut it down but you know - warranted.
Are you suggesting that Reason 12 should have been marketed with lemons, the way Reason 8 was marketed with pineapples?

moalla

06 Sep 2022

I bought Complex-1, really nice analog sound together with Mars Peaks it gives such a wide palette of spaces and drones, fantastic.
Together with WBL6414 multitapelay for Redrum's hats and toms it's amazing.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

Pingafuego

07 Sep 2022

Upgraded my Reason 10 license do 12!

Jagwah

13 Sep 2022

challism wrote:
06 Sep 2022
Are you suggesting that Reason 12 should have been marketed with lemons, the way Reason 8 was marketed with pineapples?
Haaaaaaaaa! Thanks for the laugh ;)

Loque

13 Sep 2022

I think this is the highest amount of ppl didnt bought anything in the shop even if there were quite cheap offers. Maybe a few grabbed later something like Obsession or Nostromo which were incredible cheap, but who knows...Maybe only RS knows, how good this sale was in the end...
Reason12, Win10

hamsterfactor

13 Sep 2022

but that’s just based on the number of people who bothered to take the poll. is it roughly always the same number that do? it‘s during vacation, after all.
Loque wrote:
13 Sep 2022
I think this is the highest amount of ppl didnt bought anything in the shop even if there were quite cheap offers. Maybe a few grabbed later something like Obsession or Nostromo which were incredible cheap, but who knows...Maybe only RS knows, how good this sale was in the end...
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2022

I bought nothing because i stocked so much stuff these last 10 years, that i promised my wallet to leave it alone before exploring everything i had.
I'm also considering buying a new EWI Solo, so I'm saving for that.

Loque

13 Sep 2022

hamsterfactor wrote:
13 Sep 2022
but that’s just based on the number of people who bothered to take the poll. is it roughly always the same number that do? it‘s during vacation, after all.
Loque wrote:
13 Sep 2022
Ofc its only the ppl who have voted...As it always is and in the past, there were less ppl which did not bought anything. And yea, might mean nothing, but could mean a lot...or nothing :-D
Reason12, Win10

Loque

13 Sep 2022

mcatalao wrote:
13 Sep 2022
I bought nothing because i stocked so much stuff these last 10 years, that i promised my wallet to leave it alone before exploring everything i had....
:o

mcatalao wrote:
13 Sep 2022
I'm also considering buying a new EWI Solo, so I'm saving for that.
:lol: :clap:
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

15 Sep 2022

When's the next sale?

cocoazenith

16 Sep 2022

The sale caught me on vacation so the only quick and sure decision was to spend €7 (+rewards) on Bassline Generator.

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2022

I spent nil. Nada.

There were a few things that looked cool, but I felt I snagged quite a lot this year and wanted to exercise what little self-control I had left.

kitekrazy

19 Sep 2022

It hard to guy anything in this economy. I use to jump on PA stuff and foolishly go for Waves. Developers are starting to figure out less stuff is being sold and need those once in a lifetime sales. Maybe users have come to realize they have more stuff than they ever use.

• Information