[TECHNO] Unmanned Moon Landing

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

01 Sep 2022

Think you'll like this one - this is Unmanned Moon Landing.

I wanted this to have an old school chilled vibe. The kick drum is D16 Punchbox. Bass line is Diva. The lead, chords and pads are the new Elka synth from Cherry Audio.

And to keep Uman's happy... there is barely any human voice! A little bit of breathing and some background talking near the end - but I've not added any. This one focuses on the music.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

03 Sep 2022

Version 2 - uploaded.
Check my Soundcloud:

Biolumin3sc3nt

03 Sep 2022

Ha, very cool! I imagine a funky robot payload being delivered!

danc

04 Sep 2022

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
03 Sep 2022
Ha, very cool! I imagine a funky robot payload being delivered!
Funky robot payload sums up what I was aiming for. I wanted the whole thing to have a jazzy swing to it, yet be electronic and modern.

Another funky swing tune I created recently has just been launched on Kryptofabbrikk Records on September 1st... shameless self plug!

KF145_DISCO SUCKS_Funky Monkey by Kryptofabbrikk...
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/EUPXH
Check my Soundcloud:

Mattvank

04 Sep 2022

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Fantastic arrangement. Made for clubs.

It is done? I´m not sure if it fits on bigger PA´s than on my headphones. Could imagine to take the tracks seperatly and mix them new with more stereo and mo´,, wumms´´.
3:04 Moment!!! :thumbup:

danc

04 Sep 2022

Mattvank wrote:
04 Sep 2022

It is done? I´m not sure if it fits on bigger PA´s than on my headphones. Could imagine to take the tracks seperatly and mix them new with more stereo and mo´,, wumms´´.
Not finished. I need to give it a few more sessions and mix it properly - which I am in the process of doing.

THANKS FOR POSITIVE VIBES though... I will post a new version soon. I've already got a good label interested in this track, so it could be signed very soon - I've just told them that I need a week to tidy it all up.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

04 Sep 2022

Mattvank wrote:
04 Sep 2022

OK... version 3 is now posted up. I've done a big mix session. Sorted out so many things... got the levels pretty tight all round.
The acid lead line in the second half really plays around with the panning and haas effect.
The drums have been really tidied up. Crisper and more bight. But less in your face as it was. The hats play around in stereo space and the stereo spread is wider. The toms don't fight now as much with the kick, bass line and other drums.
The woopy bit you like at 3:04 is really tightened up. The talking and breathing around there has been brought right back to help the music stand out.
Also... I've glued the overall track more now.

As some people have issues with caching... here is a new clean new upload... so that you will definitely hear version 3....

I will now take a break and come back to it another day. Need to clear my brain from it and hear it with clean ears for one last mastering session.
Check my Soundcloud:

Mattvank

06 Sep 2022

Well done! I hope it finds the way in the clubs and streams.

danc

08 Sep 2022

Mattvank wrote:
06 Sep 2022
Well done! I hope it finds the way in the clubs and streams.
Thanks - will update this post once I have a confirmed release date.
Check my Soundcloud:

fullforce

08 Sep 2022

It's alright, but it's a far cry from being techno.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

danc

09 Sep 2022

fullforce wrote:
08 Sep 2022
It's alright, but it's a far cry from being techno.
Thanks for response - I would be interested in you defining its GENRE. I have listened to a LOT of Techno - from old school to recent releases and it really is a catch all for a wide range of styles/intensity/pace etc. Many are minimal... some are hard hitting... others are more house or tech house etc etc. Would love to know your DEFINITIVE categorisation and I'll contact Beatport, Spotify, Apple and other services to demand they change all tracks that don't follow that rule.
Check my Soundcloud:

Synthopathe

09 Sep 2022

Lots to enjoy here. Cool groove and some nice sound design. Good tune!

fullforce

09 Sep 2022

danc wrote:
09 Sep 2022
Thanks for response - I would be interested in you defining its GENRE. I have listened to a LOT of Techno - from old school to recent releases and it really is a catch all for a wide range of styles/intensity/pace etc. Many are minimal... some are hard hitting... others are more house or tech house etc etc. Would love to know your DEFINITIVE categorisation and I'll contact Beatport, Spotify, Apple and other services to demand they change all tracks that don't follow that rule.
Haha nice one. I don't have a definition but I know techno when I hear it. Same with acid. Or acid techno even.

This is a nice track, but it's house, not techno.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

danc

09 Sep 2022

fullforce wrote:
09 Sep 2022
danc wrote:
09 Sep 2022
Haha nice one. I don't have a definition but I know techno when I hear it. Same with acid. Or acid techno even.

This is a nice track, but it's house, not techno.
Re-genrerered to HOUSE on Soundcloud! Glad you like though.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information