Advice on using NI S88 MK2 with Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Mistro17

27 Dec 2021

Hi. I bought a NI S88 MK2 that should be arriving today. I searched and read older posts about it in these forums but they are old and I think there was some updates to improve usability since then. Can anyone here using an NI S88 with Reason give any advice or a heads up on what to expect? I'm deciding if I will use it with my Reason 11 suite or only exclusively with Cubase 11. Thanks in advance.

Mistro17

31 Aug 2022

Bumping to give an update in case anyone else have difficulty using their Komplete Kontrol keyboards with Reason. Thanks to Reason Support and Native Instruments instructions, I was able to understand how to finally get my KK s88 transport buttons to work. Basically you have to choose manufacture- "Mackie" Model-"control" and then set both input and output to "Komplete Kontrol DAW" and your transport buttons should work. Don't believe it took me this long to finally get this. Hope this helps someone else. It's still kinda limited though compared to using it in Cubase for example but at least the basic play/record/stop buttons work.

Mistro17

01 Sep 2022

QVprod wrote:
31 Aug 2022
Can’t speak to how well this works, but someone did make this https://github.com/spoida/reason-remote ... l%20MCU.md
Yeah, I tried that but either it didn't work or I did something wrong. Komplete Kontrol MCU did not show up in preferences on my end. With the solution I mentioned, you do not need any external files.

• Information