[STOCK] Ultra Dynamic True Stereo Reverb

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
selig
RE Developer

26 Aug 2022

Here's a fun one, a double take on dynamic reverb. First you have dynamic decay, plus you also have dynamic ducking and each are separate from the other so can be used together or on their own. Plus the reverb is true stereo just for kicks…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckn2fs9u4fvrn ... b.cmb?dl=0

The fun part is in how you set your dynamic decay, which is unique in Reason. Instead of using the traditional "initial level plus modulation depth" approach (which I DID use for the level ducking/dynamics btw), I instead use a more logical approach for this. With this device you set the actual decay time for the loud and the soft sounds. You can just set the levels and start listening, or you can be a little more precise: To set the Soft Decay time, just play some short notes and move the slider to where it sounds best. To set the Loud Decay time, click on the "Set Loud" button by the Loud Slider and use the Loud slider to set decay time to taste.
To use as more normal reverb, set both sliders to the same Decay time!

There is a LOT of technical details behind how I got the sliders to work this way in Reason, which you can learn more about by watching the August 2022 Selig LiveStream:
Selig Audio, LLC

zumBeispiel

28 Aug 2022

Thank you, Giles!

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

Nice. Thanks for creating and sharing!

• Information