(industrial, acid) Sludge Mechanic EP

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

22 Aug 2022

Edit: made an EP

My goal is to make a 4 track EP of songs with a very specific style, and this song was the first one I was happy with. All done in Reason, using plenty of stock devices like Thor, redrum, pulveriser, scream, echo, and my usual REs like Synpapse Reverb, EQ, and also a couple of bundled UAD plugins because I recently bought a used Apollo Twin.

It's got one of my all time favourite Reason patches, FEMALEAHHH from NN-19. Even the moaning sample is from Reason (pleasure).

Keen to hear feedback about mixing, mainly if the bass in under control or not.

jjpscott01

24 Aug 2022

Love this man. I really dig the style and the bass is coming through nicely on my speakers hear at work. Keep it up!
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Bloma

24 Aug 2022

jjpscott01 wrote:
24 Aug 2022
Love this man. I really dig the style and the bass is coming through nicely on my speakers hear at work. Keep it up!
Thanks very much!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2022

Very nice project you have here Bloma. Listened through all 4 tracks, twice.

I feel like the music evokes a lot of visual imagery, which is something that speaks to me when it comes to music.
Words that come to mind: cohesive, overwhelming, dark, hypnotic, futuristic yet harkens back to something in the past.

Thumbs up!

Bloma

28 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Aug 2022
Very nice project you have here Bloma. Listened through all 4 tracks, twice.

I feel like the music evokes a lot of visual imagery, which is something that speaks to me when it comes to music.
Words that come to mind: cohesive, overwhelming, dark, hypnotic, futuristic yet harkens back to something in the past.

Thumbs up!
Thanks heaps Tritone. I actually agree with you quite a lot on that imagery.

RTFX

30 Aug 2022

These are all imho very nice, dark, eerie textures/soundscapes (if i may call them this)
Mixing is on point, but i didnt expect anything less from you😉
Bass is under control. No muddiness or interference with other low end instruments.
I really liked Soul Gorger. The first half was so dark; it would fit very well in a cutscene of some fp horror survival shooter.
If u wouldve told me Acrid Asshole was a track made by RDJ i wouldve believed u. Heck, even the title is so Aphex Twin haha.
Lowend of this track is pretty hot and on the edge of too much unwanted distortion, but on the other hand it gives me that analogue bubblebath feel.
Did any of these tracks feature in your selfmade videogame?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Bloma

01 Sep 2022

RTFX wrote:
30 Aug 2022
These are all imho very nice, dark, eerie textures/soundscapes (if i may call them this)
Mixing is on point, but i didnt expect anything less from you😉
Bass is under control. No muddiness or interference with other low end instruments.
I really liked Soul Gorger. The first half was so dark; it would fit very well in a cutscene of some fp horror survival shooter.
If u wouldve told me Acrid Asshole was a track made by RDJ i wouldve believed u. Heck, even the title is so Aphex Twin haha.
Lowend of this track is pretty hot and on the edge of too much unwanted distortion, but on the other hand it gives me that analogue bubblebath feel.
Did any of these tracks feature in your selfmade videogame?
Thanks heaps RTFX. And I love a good horror shooter.

I guess it is a bit aphexy with the acid style synths. I am a huge fan of his, particularly the earlier stuff. Thanks for the feedback, I didn't check the mix on a sub this time cos I was lazy, might need a bit of adjustment then.

Nah that game is all done with, these tracks are all very new, from a few weeks ago.

strangers
Competition Winner

05 Sep 2022

I'm currently listening on a laptop and the mix for each song sounds solid. The overall dark vibe of this EP is awesome. Really nice work. I'd be all for hearing more like this.

Bloma

05 Sep 2022

strangers wrote:
05 Sep 2022
I'm currently listening on a laptop and the mix for each song sounds solid. The overall dark vibe of this EP is awesome. Really nice work. I'd be all for hearing more like this.
Thanks strangers, glad you like it.

• Information