[STOCK - R+ / R11 Suite] REGAL CLARET - Royal Blood in a box... er... Combinator

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
DaleBrownMusic

20 Aug 2022

Hey Reason Gang,

So, to try to bust out of a rut (and really justify that Reason+ subscrition!), I'm opening Reason as part of my daily routine. Sometimes something comes of it, sometimes not. But I got a funny idea today and decided to see how far I could take it. Here is the result: REGAL CLARET.

REGAL CLARET.jpg
REGAL CLARET.jpg (237.61 KiB) Viewed 1097 times

The idea was a combinator that basically gave you Royal Blood (or at least half the band) in one instrument. It uses Reason Electric Bass, split off a la Mike Kerr into Polar to pitch up, then into a couple Screams and a few other goodies. It's also got a Monotone in there for subby synth bass sounds (because of this, some of the Reason Electric Bass glissando effects won't translate, so tread cautiously!). All mixing and a few vital controls on the panel, as well as a "Humanize" option to slightly offset the "guitar" signal from the bass.

Try it out with the Bassline Generator, or just write some heavy 4-to-the-floor riffs. Hope someone gets some fun out of it.

Cheers folks :)

REGAL CLARET.zip
(614.23 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by DaleBrownMusic on 26 Aug 2022, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

22 Aug 2022

hey thanks... looks good.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DaleBrownMusic

22 Aug 2022

Cheers Moneykube! Any feedback you (or anyone else) have is welcome :)

A.sch3

24 Aug 2022

Hello DaleBrownMusic, nice looking combi for sure, i wanted to try it but your combi require two paid RE :

I think that because you have Reason+, you thought theses two were "stock" instruments :?:

crimsonwarlock

24 Aug 2022

A.sch3 wrote:
24 Aug 2022
I think that because you have Reason+, you thought theses two were "stock" instruments :?:
They were also included in R11 Suite.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Jac459

24 Aug 2022

both are good buy though... Polar is still one of the weirdest effect I know and the electric bass is quite realistic sounding (not at Friktion level though).
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

24 Aug 2022

DaleBrownMusic wrote:
20 Aug 2022
REGAL CLARET.zip
Very very cool, thanks !
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Jac459

24 Aug 2022

The sound is soooo fat. This combi is really really cool. Simple and efficient !

Thanks again mate.
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

DaleBrownMusic

26 Aug 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
24 Aug 2022
A.sch3 wrote:
24 Aug 2022
They were also included in R11 Suite.
I appreciate the insight. I upgraded to Suite before jumping on the + bandwagon. I updated the description to reflect. :)
Jac459 wrote:
24 Aug 2022
The sound is soooo fat. This combi is really really cool. Simple and efficient !

Thanks again mate.
Glad to hear you liked it enough to post twice! "Fat, simple and efficient" was the runner up when picking a name :lol: The Monotone was really the glue to get that fat sound. Definitely gonna use that more to beef up bass tracks!

• Information