[STOCK] Eurotone Bass Shaping Synthesizer

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2022

Hi RT

Since Monotone provides a simple, quick and great sounding way to craft your basses, I thought it would be a fun idea to recreate it, however using Europa as its sound engine. Introducing, Monotone's celestial cousin; the Eurotone Bass Shaping Synthesizer.

This instrument is powered by "two" Europa wave engines allowing for tight control and scalping of the harmonic structure of your bass - all housed in a simple and familiar UI inspired by the Montone. You have quick access to all the controls that you need, specifically;

- Independent control over Shape, Hard Clip and FM of each of the Oscillators.
- Variable LP Slope Spectral Filter, with key tracking
- 1-8 Harmonic Mixer
- Various Distortion Models
- Filter Envelope + additional assignment to either Shape, Clip or FM - with option to Loop or Sync the envelope.
- Free running LFO for both Filter and Pitch
- Noise Oscillator
- Routing options for Oscillators for the Envelope, Filter Envelope and Distortion
- Oscillator Spread

Lastly, you can select between two wave types for each Oscillator independently;
1. Complex Oscillator Wave (Phased Syncd)
2. Analog Oscillator (free running)

Hope you enjoy!
cheers,

Download link:
Eurotone Bass Shaping Synthesizer.zip
(236.91 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (206.23 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

StephenHutchinson

21 Aug 2022

Cool, thanks for sharing... this looks great! :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

MuttReason

21 Aug 2022

Great design, look forward to using - thank you!

moneykube

22 Aug 2022

awesome...thanks
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

deeplink
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2022

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to build a collection of Community Patches. Please share with me if you create any!

jimmakos2000

23 Aug 2022

We have to create some presets for it! Anyway thanks for this great Device

PhaseTransition

30 Aug 2022

Hi deeplink. This is an awesome Combinator. Sounds absolutely fantastic and has great features.
Would you mind to share the Skin? I would like to change the text inside the red boxes to light grey.
That wouldn't hurt my eyes that much. Thank you!

challism

30 Aug 2022

Thanks (again) for sharing yet another sweet looking Combi with us.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

deeplink
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

PhaseTransition wrote:
30 Aug 2022
Hi deeplink. This is an awesome Combinator. Sounds absolutely fantastic and has great features.
Would you mind to share the Skin? I would like to change the text inside the red boxes to light grey.
That wouldn't hurt my eyes that much. Thank you!
Hi PhaseTransistion

I only have the .jpg on hand, see below. If you would like the original source file let me know (made in Gimp).

I may also update the text in the Google Drive link - only noticed how jarring the font colour is after the fact.
eurotone.jpg
eurotone.jpg (304.65 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
challism wrote:
30 Aug 2022
Thanks (again) for sharing yet another sweet looking Combi with us.
Please challism!

PhaseTransition

31 Aug 2022

Thank you! That's more than fine!
Too bad that the amount of knobs ist limited. I wanted to have a spread knob to dial in the spread amount manually. I had to "trade" the Master knob for that. But it's worth it.

Great work. Thank you!

Arpeg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

Thank you very much. Easy to use Combinator with great results, good idea too. :clap:

Done a slight re-design of the font and the LFO/Envelope box area. Hopefully the picture loads correctly. I shall also post a link to 3 Patches, shortly

Attachments
Eurotone re 2.png
Eurotone re 2.png (723.87 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

Arpeg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

Here we go, 3 Eurotone patches, root note C : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

1. 128bpm Kick-Bass Pulse (Move Osc Mix right to left for a slight siren sound incoming)

2. Game On (Arcade Game like sound)

3. Matrix 6 Pattern Dial (I included a Matrix and made six patterns to choose from, some funky, some basic and I also added a RUN button and a Pattern control knob on the bottom right of the panel.

Great work Deeplink, I enjoyed this one :thumbup:

jmp909

31 Aug 2022

great work. is there a reason you chose to wire up the Spectral Filter rather than the main Filter? just not sure you can squeeze much resonance out of it without going into the devices

be great to have both filters on the front panel...would probably need a taller unity to fit it in I guess.

deeplink
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

jmp909 wrote:
31 Aug 2022
great work. is there a reason you chose to wire up the Spectral Filter rather than the main Filter? just not sure you can squeeze much resonance out of it without going into the devices

be great to have both filters on the front panel I guess, but not sure there's room!
Good question. The reason why I chose the Spectral Filter is to really lean into the Europa side of things and make this device more unique. The Spectral Filter is unique to that device. When used with a high slope you have tight control over the harmonics - which carried the 'bass shaping' idea. I also thought that if a user wanted buttery resonant filters, then they would just use Monotone.

• Information