WINNERS ANNOUNCED - Tonicmint FlowBrush Song Competition

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
challism

15 Aug 2022

Screenshot 2022-08-16 001152.png
Screenshot 2022-08-16 001152.png (710.36 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
#Rules for the FlowBrush song competition (musical piece)

- Only one entry per participant.
- No remixes or cover songs. Your work must be 100% original.
-Submit the song/musical piece by posting a link in this thread.

#### Allowed instruments

- Any Reason built-in instrument or instrument included with Reason+
- Other non-synth sources are allowed (vocals, drum samples, etc.)
- Do not use copyrighted samples or material that hasn’t been cleared.

#### Required effect

- FlowBrush must be utilized at least once.

#### Allowed Effects, Utilities, and Players

- Any Reason built-in device or device included with Reason

Be aware that we will ask you to provide the Reason project file to check for compliance to these rules. If you bounce to track, leave the original lane/device intact!
If you use the Reason Rack Plugin in another DAW, all rules still apply. You cannot use other non-Reason plugins or built-in effects of your other DAW.

### Deadline

- 23:59:59 PT (UTC-08:00) 31st of August, 2022

## Prices
- 1st place: FlowBrush + 5 freely chosen Tonicmint rack extension
- 2nd place: FlowBrush + 3 freely chosen Tonicmint rack extension
- 3rd place: FlowBrush + 1 freely chosen Tonicmint rack extension

## Jury
- Tonicmint
- ReasonTalk Team

You agree to allow non-exclusive rights to Tonicmint to use your song, for instance, adding the song to the sound demos on the FlowBrush page. If you do not agree with this rule, please do not participate.

Countdown timer: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... sive&csz=1
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

Yay a challenge! Looks interesting. :puf_smile:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2022

I'm so surprised that we can not use any other Tonicmint device in this competition!!!!!!

Loque

15 Aug 2022

Too bad i do not have much time in the next weeks. I have a itching in the fingers to squeeze out some chorus, phasers, flangers, wideners, comb filtering, grain pads and more out of it...
Reason12, Win10

Vil
RE Developer

15 Aug 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
15 Aug 2022
I'm so surprised that we can not use any other Tonicmint device in this competition!!!!!!
Good question, but this is not a Tonicmint song competition, but a FlowBrush song competition :)
(read the last paragraph)

Otherwise you easily can "cheat" with players, just send them to the track, and when they done with the job, just remove them.. :)
(pssst, this tip is not from me.... :) )

In another point of view, limitations always incrase the creativity, as I experienced...

Btw the question is still good. After this competition, if several of you request this, we could make later a Tonicmint song competition as well, with different rules.

wowhow
Competition Winner

16 Aug 2022

:D This is so awesome! Thank you!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2022

Hi guys,

Here's my entry for the contest!

The song has 3 FlowBrush instances (one send delay, one on the main instrument and one in the intro piano).

Hope you like it!
Cheers, MC

Re8et
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2022

But using other Synths with onboard effects is ok??
What a strange competition...
I would expect it to say, just use flowbrush effect ONLY...
I might try doing so... even if not required... or am I wrong ??

Re8et
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2022

Not a great endeavour I will admit... but here it is...
(heya, who like ALL his creations? They always never finished... so it's a little cut abruptly...)
Nice Grainy salads, lots of sonics possibilities to get easily lost....
Didn't have much time, lot's of bounces stacking, players, Europas, Subtractor, Mael, Redrum, Monobass.
Disabled onboard effects as much as possible.
I like the fullness of the sound by stacking some Flowbrush together. Really nice warm ambience.

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2022

HI,

Thank you for this competition, here is my entry.

Used multiple copies of Flowbrush on inserts and sends and all synth sounds are reason stock devices.

turbopage
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2022

Here's my entry

Music Will Save Us

Vil
RE Developer

23 Aug 2022

Already really nice entries!!!
All of them!!

You still have more than a week for the deadline.

Dabbler

23 Aug 2022

Yes, the flowbrush is in this one.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

Oh crap. Started working on a track a couple of days ago. And just now I remembered that you can't use any non Reason stock stuff. :crazy: :puf_unhappy: I mean I read the rules before. Maybe I got lost in creativity and forgot about everything else.
Well I don't have the time or energy to change everything out or start out with something new. Too late for that.

Oh well this is what I came up with so far. I'll share it for fun. Every sound has FlowBrush on it. Might turn it into a full track, or not. We'll see.
NOT AN ENTRY SINCE I BROKE THE RULES.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Aug 2022
Oh crap. Started working on a track a couple of days ago. And just now I remembered that you can't use any non Reason stock stuff. :crazy: :puf_unhappy: I mean I read the rules before. Maybe I got lost in creativity and forgot about everything else.
Well I don't have the time or energy to change everything out or start out with something new. Too late for that.

Oh well this is what I came up with so far. I'll share it for fun. Every sound has FlowBrush on it. Might turn it into a full track, or not. We'll see.
NOT AN ENTRY SINCE I BROKE THE RULES.

Nice tune, is it too much work to swap out instruments/recreate patches perhaps?

I had to keep reminding myself of the stock only rules a few times as force of habit to go to legend etc. Reminded me how good subtractor, thor etc are as very rarely use them now.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2022

Popey wrote:
24 Aug 2022
Nice tune, is it too much work to swap out instruments/recreate patches perhaps?

I had to keep reminding myself of the stock only rules a few times as force of habit to go to legend etc. Reminded me how good subtractor, thor etc are as very rarely use them now.
Thanks. Yep unfortunately there's just too much non stock stuff going on here. Don't feel like I have the skill to recreate it with other devices. Just the drums alone would be too hard to recreate. They're processed with Crapre2. Nothing sounds like Crapre. :puf_smile:
Other than that it's lots of Legend, ProjectSam, a bit of Zero. I know the old saying "You can do that with Thor". I just don't believe it.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
24 Aug 2022
Popey wrote:
24 Aug 2022

Thanks. Yep unfortunately there's just too much non stock stuff going on here. Don't feel like I have the skill to recreate it with other devices. Just the drums alone would be too hard to recreate. They're processed with Crapre2. Nothing sounds like Crapre. :puf_smile:
Other than that it's lots of Legend, ProjectSam, a bit of Zero. I know the old saying "You can do that with Thor". I just don't believe it.
Shame 🙁 well if you do work on it more it would be good to hear.

Noise
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2022

Hello!

Permutate :: Track sequenced live using a novation LaunchControl XL

FlowBrush was used for all effects: reverbs / delay
Hope I didn't messed up the "stock devices" or included in Reason+

Device :: Patch :: Flow Patch

DrumBus ◼ Flow "Sopron"
Parsec :: Vocal Steps AF ◼ Flow Custom Patch
Scenic :: ForeBoding ◼ Flow "As you wish"
Thor :: TPSD Clock ◼ Flow Custom Patch
Malstrom :: (BumpyWaves) ◼ Flow "As you wish"
Monotone :: Deep Roler Bass
Europa :: Dist Sync Bass

Thankful for joining in!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2022

A simple one to demonstrate FlowBrush..

Overtherainbow

27 Aug 2022

My entry

challism

28 Aug 2022

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... sive&csz=1
flowbrush.png
flowbrush.png (78.39 KiB) Viewed 8731 times

bossa
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2022

This is my contribution to the FlowBrush contest. I made such abundant use of Flowbrush that my Apple M1 Air machine had a very neat job to do!
Except for the vocals with BVX vocoder and a few percussion Kong and NXT instances, as well as my anloge guitar, I only took patches that came with FlowBrush.
I also used a lot of the included ROOM Reverb effect.
The result is a piece of music that reminds a lot of pieces of the unfortunately already deceased Joe Zawinul and his group Syndicat.
Have fun listening!

strangers
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2022

I was pretty sure I was going to miss the deadline for this contest and managed to pull through. As usual, my entry is a bit of an oddball. There's heavy use of Flowbrush in every crevasse that helped shape this massive soundscape. I really went out of my comfort zone when it came to Reason synths and sound design. Several of the sounds and pads stem from random instrument samples I took from the Reason 'Orkester Sounds' library and then mangled in Grain. There's a fair amount of layering thanks to Europa, Thor, Subtractor, Friktion and Processed Pianos. All use of Flowbrush consists of presets that I slightly tweaked to my liking or left as-is.

Enjoy.

challism

30 Aug 2022

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... sive&csz=1
1day.png
1day.png (67.98 KiB) Viewed 8633 times

alterEe
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2022

Here's my entry. I used the FlowBrush RE a lot, some tracks have many of them. It's a fun creative device that can make some seriously crazy and wicked sounds (in the best possible way). The biggest challenge for me was using Reason devices only, since I usually use lots of other RE's and some VST's. I had some more ideas for the song but unfortunately the deadline somehow took me by surprise (as pretty much always) :)

• Information