[RE BUFFRE] Halvtid Tape Recorder

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2022

Hi RT

This is a combinator effect, inspired by and emulates the Halftime VST from Cableguys - however goes a step further and adds some more features. It's all stock devices, however does require Peff's Buffre Rack Extension.

I don't usually make Combi's with 3rd party RE's - but I figured everyone surely has Buffre by now - and from what I've seen on this forum, it's just collecting dust. So I am hoping to breathe some new life into this amazing device, as it is the only RE (I believe) with a manageable buffer.

Back to this Combinator, it has the same controls as Halftime - where you lower the pitch and stretch all incoming audio, while at the same time retriggering the buffer so that the music stays in time.
At 75% of the speed and at high looping rates, you can create syncopated beats from standard 4/4 loops. There is also a Mix and X-Over knobs for blending the dry with the wet signal.

Where I have extended the feature set is;
- Stop button (tape stop effect)
- Reverse button
- Tape Compressor, Wobble and Noise
- Send FX with Delay or Reverb option.

All of this enables you to effect and layer your sounds in interesting ways, from simply thickening out a snare drum to adding new rhythmical layers to a piece of music or loop.

Hope you enjoy!
Cheers

*Cassettes sold separately

Download link:
Halvtid Tape Recorder.zip
(408.73 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Attachments
Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (329.9 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2022

Wow...
Amazing!!
Super creative, ty.

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2022

deeplink wrote:
11 Aug 2022
Hi RT

The track I was working around this cmb evolved in a full song. a 1000 Thanks.

Ottostrom

12 Aug 2022

Okay, you win. This is easily the best looking combi out there :D
I'm one of the few people who don't own Buffre and with the 95€ price I will most likely not get it.
But this seems like a very useful device!

challism

12 Aug 2022

Thanks for sharing with us!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

deeplink
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2022

Re8et wrote:
12 Aug 2022
deeplink wrote:
11 Aug 2022
Hi RT

The track I was working around this cmb evolved in a full song. a 1000 Thanks.
Awesome hearing it being used! I've had a lot of fun trying it out on all sorts of material :)

deeplink
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2022

Ottostrom wrote:
12 Aug 2022
Okay, you win. This is easily the best looking combi out there :D
I'm one of the few people who don't own Buffre and with the 95€ price I will most likely not get it.
But this seems like a very useful device!
Sho I didn't know Buffre was selling for that much.

I think RS should consider their creating their own buffer-based effect, for beat mangling but done in the typical RS way :)

crimsonwarlock

12 Aug 2022

deeplink wrote:
12 Aug 2022
I wanted Buffre, but not at that price. Have been waiting for quite a while to see if it would go on sale... didn't happen. I got Quadelectra's BeatChop Realtime Slicer instead during a sale, for around half its current price.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

DaveyG

12 Aug 2022

It's another one of those that I own but don't know why (and that I never use). Was it in one of the synth rigs or something?

moofi

20 Sep 2022

Thank you very much, neat design :-)

arnigretar

20 Sep 2022

I thought I had already commented and give my best here! But seeing moofi comment and scrolling up I haven't! So here it goes: yet another good one by deeplink! Thank you very much :)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

rorystorm

24 Sep 2022

this is great, and looks really good too. Played a drum loop for it just for a couple of minutes, and was getting some crazy Muslimgauze sounds, which I wasn't expecting. Definitely looking forward to putting it into use.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2023

I downloaded this combi ages ago and have had it sitting in my favourites list in the browser but never tried it. Just put my guitar through it and I had to come back here and say it's completely brilliant. I'm going to have to play about with it but I'm already getting awesome ideas for how to use it. Also hope that writing and bumping this thread gives other people who didn't know about it the chance to try it. Great work.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

21 Feb 2023

Deeplink is really killing it with his free patches. Wish I had buffre to be able to try this 😅

moneykube

21 Feb 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
12 Aug 2022
deeplink wrote:
12 Aug 2022
I wanted Buffre, but not at that price. Have been waiting for quite a while to see if it would go on sale... didn't happen. I got Quadelectra's BeatChop Realtime Slicer instead during a sale, for around half its current price.
I have never seen it on sale. :puf_unhappy:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information