(Weird Progressive Electronica) - Giant Space Squid

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2022

This is a weird one. It's mainly built around sonic experimentation, rather than conventional song writing. Most instruments are drenched in different effects.
Some of the most prominent instruments and effects used in this track: Parsec, Megasaur, Oberon, Snakebite, Europa, Crapre2, Echobode.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2022

Updated the mix. The track is now completely finished. No more tweaks. :puf_smile:

wowhow
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2022

I love the texture of the sounds!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2022

wowhow wrote:
09 Aug 2022
I love the texture of the sounds!
Thanks. Yeah this track is like 65% about the sounds and 35% about the actual song writing.

wowhow
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2022

I like the song writing too.

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2022

This is really cool especially since this gets into the weird industrial territory I've recently been drawn to. I'd be interested to hear more about how you used Echobode on this track. I've had my eye on that RE for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger since it never goes on sale.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2022

wowhow wrote:
09 Aug 2022
I like the song writing too.
Thanks. :puf_smile: I'm quite happy with the track, not strictly for the end result, but because I tried out many new things while making it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2022

strangers wrote:
09 Aug 2022
This is really cool especially since this gets into the weird industrial territory I've recently been drawn to. I'd be interested to hear more about how you used Echobode on this track. I've had my eye on that RE for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger since it never goes on sale.
Thanks. I haven't payed nearly enough attention to Echobode as I should. It would be interesting to dive into effects like Echobode and Fritz and make patches for them, like I've started doing with synths nowadays. Some day.

These are the two sounds I've used it on. It creates this delay/stutter effect. I'm simply turning up the wet knob at the end of the phrase as you can hear. Both have a bunch of other effects too (unison, phaser, distortion etc). So those things are not Echobodes doing.

RTFX

10 Aug 2022

Perfect track for a certain scene in a certain movie!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2022

RTFX wrote:
10 Aug 2022
Thanks for checking it out. Yep I experience this track as a bunch of different scenes. For me it's a very visual track.

RTFX

11 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Aug 2022
RTFX wrote:
10 Aug 2022
Thanks for checking it out. Yep I experience this track as a bunch of different scenes. For me it's a very visual track.
For me too! I like that approach.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

jjpscott01

18 Aug 2022

As a big fan of early Industrial this track sounds so cool to me. I love all the little "arpy" sounds in between those huge drums. Awesome job on this man!
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2022

jjpscott01 wrote:
18 Aug 2022
As a big fan of early Industrial this track sounds so cool to me. I love all the little "arpy" sounds in between those huge drums. Awesome job on this man!
Thanks. I had to spend quite a bit of time on this one, so that's cool to hear it payed off. Yeah those drums are anything but clean. So much processing going on :puf_smile:

Uman's

20 Aug 2022

not only giant in name ! :lol:

Nice ghostly trip !
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2022

Uman's wrote:
20 Aug 2022
not only giant in name ! :lol:

Nice ghostly trip !

aerodactylus_

27 Aug 2022

Really nice sound design as others have commented. The atmosphere is intense on this one; nearly panic inducing (but in a good way of course...).

Nice work!

Propellerhands

28 Aug 2022

I wanted to hate it, I really did. But it is a cool track, so can't. Reminded me a bit of Prodigy too. Nice job!!!
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

aerodactylus_ wrote:
27 Aug 2022
Really nice sound design as others have commented. The atmosphere is intense on this one; nearly panic inducing (but in a good way of course...).

Nice work!
Thanks. Interesting, never experienced the song as "nearly panic inducing" myself, but we all feel music differently. :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

Propellerhands wrote:
28 Aug 2022
I wanted to hate it, I really did. But it is a cool track, so can't. Reminded me a bit of Prodigy too. Nice job!!!
Glad you like it. Just curious, what part of the music reminded you of Prodigy? They've often been a source of musical inspiration for me, but for this track I didn't feel any direct influence from them. Perhaps the influence is just there without me even noticing it.

crimsonwarlock

28 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Aug 2022
Perhaps the influence is just there without me even noticing it.
Isn't that how inspiration works in most cases? :puf_smile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
28 Aug 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Aug 2022
Perhaps the influence is just there without me even noticing it.
Isn't that how inspiration works in most cases? :puf_smile:
Probably. But in some cases an influence can be very intentional, like a conscious choice, at least for me. :puf_smile:

Propellerhands

28 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Aug 2022
Propellerhands wrote:
28 Aug 2022
Glad you like it. Just curious, what part of the music reminded you of Prodigy? They've often been a source of musical inspiration for me, but for this track I didn't feel any direct influence from them. Perhaps the influence is just there without me even noticing it.
These weird, hard to describe, perhaps detuned sounds between 1:11 and 1:15 and so on. I would have no idea how to even create such effective mess and Prodigy tracks are notorious (in a good way ofc) for such synths/leads
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

crimsonwarlock

28 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Aug 2022
Probably. But in some cases an influence can be very intentional, like a conscious choice, at least for me. :puf_smile:
Same here, absolutely. That's why I said 'in most cases' :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
28 Aug 2022
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Aug 2022
Same here, absolutely. That's why I said 'in most cases' :thumbup: :puf_bigsmile:
My bad. Yes you actually said that. Guess I didn't read too thoroughly. :D

crimsonwarlock

28 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Aug 2022
crimsonwarlock wrote:
28 Aug 2022
My bad. Yes you actually said that. Guess I didn't read too thoroughly. :D
I didn't want to correct you, just to put my 'in most cases' in line with your 'in some cases', hence the thumbs-up :puf_smile:
-------

• Information