Do users here share reason project files?

Have some .reason song files you want to share? Make sure to self-contain, specify Reason version and RE's used!
AdamMon89

06 Aug 2022

Hi folks.
New to the forums, been using reason for 15 years approx.
I want to try understand the software better and one of the best ways to do this would be to see other users finished (or even partially) reason project files. Having the ability to open up someone else's project and see how they apply FX, automation, mix and master would be great as it allows people to essentially reverse engineer the project to pick up tips, techniques and tricks. Is this something that occurs here on the forums? I'd be interested in loading up some peoples sessions just fort the educational aspect or even a collaborative effort. The Demos are a good starting point but would love to see more user projects.

Sorry if in wrong place. Cheers.
Behringer x32, NORD stage 3, MPC ONE, Reason 10

EnochLight

07 Aug 2022

AdamMon89 wrote:
06 Aug 2022
Sorry if in wrong place. Cheers.
Mod note: no problem - just moved your topic to the correct sub-forum. Also, welcome to Reasontalk!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2022

It's a good idea to share reason files and learn from them.
The only problem I pontentially see is, unless we share files using only stock devices it's gonna be hard to hear/see the project correctly. Like I use mostly rack extensions in my music, both for instruments and effects. So unless the reciever has the same REs/plugins it's gonna be a lot of place holder (empty) devices showing.

avasopht
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2022

TritoneAddiction wrote:
07 Aug 2022
It's a good idea to share reason files and learn from them.
The only problem I pontentially see is, unless we share files using only stock devices it's gonna be hard to hear/see the project correctly. Like I use mostly rack extensions in my music, both for instruments and effects. So unless the reciever has the same REs/plugins it's gonna be a lot of place holder (empty) devices showing.
True, and that gives me the best feature suggestion ever ------ of --- all ---- time!

When someone doesn't have an RE, it should still display so that they can see the knobs moving etc. as the project intended, ... and we should be able to freeze an RE so that it outputs the exact same audio and CV ... ...

Billy+

07 Aug 2022

You should check out Adams YouTube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/AdamFieldingMusic00/videos

He did a great selection of music styles during lockdown and has released the tracks on all major distribution services plus checking the video descriptions should provide you a Dropbox link to the project downloads.

As an example

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

AdamMon89

07 Aug 2022

Billy+ wrote:
07 Aug 2022
You should check out Adams YouTube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/AdamFieldingMusic00/videos

He did a great selection of music styles during lockdown and has released the tracks on all major distribution services plus checking the video descriptions should provide you a Dropbox link to the project downloads.
Ahh excellent! this is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks all.
Behringer x32, NORD stage 3, MPC ONE, Reason 10

RobC

07 Aug 2022

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7528568

Here's a topic, using a really old song of mine (which is a quirky mess), and it got mastered in a tutorial video. (Which I really should respond to directly x _ x - What am I doing with my time...)

But anyway, you can practice mastering on it at least. Better ignore the rest what's going on in my song. : )

Back then I made it on Reason Limited, after this video was posted by Propellerhead Software.

Don't worry, it opened both on Reason 10 and Reason 12 for me without problems, so it will work.

SSLSolidState

09 Dec 2023

What genre are you wanting to produce?

huggermugger

09 Dec 2023

The only thing I share is my disdain for the misuse of technical jargon. :cool:

EnochLight

11 Dec 2023

SSLSolidState wrote:
09 Dec 2023
What genre are you wanting to produce?
OP hasn't been here in over a year.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information