[solved] Lack of Reason presets

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ReasonOCD

05 Aug 2022

Is it just me or is there no new presets for reasons established machines such as THOR, MAELSTROM etc

Or even a new batch of REX loops to use

I have only DL the demo has the full version got more choice? And not interested in the new machines, i’m here to make music not become a full time sound designer

Anyone else feel this way?

deeplink
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2022

I don't recall specifically any new presets being added.

Also the volume of presets for new devices has decreased a lot. And the presets included serve to rather demonstrate the capability of the device.

I would instead recommend refills. For something like Thor, the free Thomas Pritchard refills offer a wealth of amazing patches.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

ReasonOCD

05 Aug 2022

deeplink wrote:
05 Aug 2022
I don't recall specifically any new presets being added.

Also the volume of presets for new devices has decreased a lot. And the presets included serve to rather demonstrate the capability of the device.

I would instead recommend refills. For something like Thor, the free Thomas Pritchard refills offer a wealth of amazing patches.
Thanks for the information,

I really wish the reason programmers would have installed more factory soundbank samples instead of “making reason more visually cluttered”

Personally i’m here to write music idc what the user interface looks like, it was capable of making chart music at reason 2.5 with the correct use of analog samples

Propellerhands

05 Aug 2022

Look into third party plugins and their preset packs. Now that Reason is capable of loading most VSTs, there is no need for them to invest into creating new preset/patch banks. But prepare to pay up though. Look into Omnipshere, most popular romplayer (it also has big ass most powerful synth in the world (arguably) underneath it but nobody uses it).
"Shut the fuck up and use the software. It's great." - stillifegaijin on Reason

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2022

I don't what version you are on right now. Judging from another thread it seemed like you prefer to work in the really old versions of Reason.
But if your on R10 or after, I must say Europa is pretty damn nice. It has a lot of patches too. If I remember correctly they added a lot of new patches to the Reason soundbank in R10, everything from synth patches to rex loops.
Imo Europa is defintely worth spending time on if you haven't already. And if you ever feel like making your own patches, it's very user friendly even though it's rather deep.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Aug 2022

Didn't they update the library a couple of versions back, which included a bunch of new combinator patches?

Also, the plus version sounds like a great option if patches is what you're after. No need to be scared of the new devices being used, they will be hidden behind the combinator so no need to worry about it, just focus on making music.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Aug 2022

Addendum: the new rex loops are available to download on the additional content window, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a refill with the new patches available for download as well? Not 100 percent certain about that last one 🤔

QVprod

05 Aug 2022

This is misinformed. Reason 9, 10 and 12 all had Factory Soundbank additions. Reason 12 specifically had new patches added for old devices in addition to the combinators. I did some of those patches myself.

Aside from that, you don't have to be a sound designer to use the new stuff. They have presets just like Thor and Subtractor do.

MuttReason

05 Aug 2022

One thing Reason isn’t short of overall is patches once all the Refills out there (many of them free) are included. Vast number of sound options IMO.

EnochLight

05 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
05 Aug 2022
Is it just me or ..Anyone else feel this way?
Yeah, it's just you. See below:
QVprod wrote:
05 Aug 2022
This is misinformed. Reason 9, 10 and 12 all had Factory Soundbank additions. Reason 12 specifically had new patches added for old devices in addition to the combinators. I did some of those patches myself.

Aside from that, you don't have to be a sound designer to use the new stuff. They have presets just like Thor and Subtractor do.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

killhamster

05 Aug 2022

ReasonOCD wrote:
05 Aug 2022
Anyone else feel this way?
No. I spent a lot of time learning about synthesis and understanding how to get the sounds I want or like so I don't have to rely on presets if I don't want to. Outside of that I've collected a stupid amount of refills over the years and if I do want things that are quick and easy to use, I have them, along with thousands upon thousands of samples and loops. The only thing that can hold you back is yourself.

• Information