Waves VST Reason Sidechaining Compatibility

Discuss VST stuff here!
Neo

04 Aug 2022

Is this a Reason Studio issue or Waves?..
Will this be fixed in a patch?
This post might save someone from investing in waves if they are considering to click on that sales* link.

Waves V14 brings mix and output trim knobs to compressors in-case anyone was curious.

What’s new in Waves V14: The New Version of Waves Plugins

How To Setup Sidechain with Plugins | Waves Incompatible, Fab Filter etc. | Reason 11 Tutorial

https://www.waves.com/support/tech-spec ... rted-hosts
Sidechaining is supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, Cakewalk by BandLab, Audition, Ableton Live, FL Studio, REAPER, Bitwig Studio, Samplitude, Sequoia and Studio One.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

huggermugger

04 Aug 2022

This one is on Reason. Waves' plugins sidechain just fine in every other DAW. Also, when Reason 11 came out, sidechaining into Izotope stopped working until an update that fixed it. So, Props is doing something funky with sidechains, and it's a liability, given how many sidechainable devices Waves offers.

dvdrtldg

04 Aug 2022

I like my Waves plugins, but oh boy they're a shit company. A new update, and what do we get? Mix & output trim knobs on some of their compressors. Hi res on some of their other plugins. Improved preset browsing & loading. And, er, that's about it. And you have to pay :clap:

Neo

06 Aug 2022

Cheers huggermugger
dvdrtldg - Totally. As tempted as I am to update some waves VSTs, I'm considering some alternatives over at Plugin Alliance..
and what about... ah never mind..

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

• Information