Native Access - assigning download/content locations. Misinterpretation, bug or something else?

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

02 Aug 2022

So my internal HD is lacking space.

Today I purchased a 2TB Samsung T7 (these and the T7 Shield are on sale, if you're interested).

In Native Access preferences, I have assigned both the download and content location to my external drive.

However, when I try to install the Factory Library, it still complains that there isn't enough space on my internal HD. Why does it care about my internal HD? I thought assigning the download and content locations should avoid this error.

Am I misunderstanding? Do all libraries still need internal HD space to install regardless of location settings? Should it work differently?

I quit and restarted Native Access as well as macOS.

Anybody here familiar with how this is supposed to work?

jam-s

02 Aug 2022

They might need some space for patches and the VST2 dlls itself unless you changed the install path for the VSTs/AU as well.

DaveyG

03 Aug 2022

I can't remember whether it was Native Access or the Roland thing but I've had the same problem in the past and it turned out to be that these things download to a temporary folder, usually in your user or temp area, then unzip/install from there to your set location. This is on Windows but I imagine the Mac is similar. And IK Multimedia download to the Documents folder and then leave the files there after they have installed. Suddenly my documents folder was 200GB bigger!

joeyluck

03 Aug 2022

Thanks y'all I'll take a look. These are Kontakt libraries and the Kontakt VST etc. is already installed. Plus it's complaining about needing disk space for the entire size of the libraries. I put in a support ticket with NI.

joeyluck

03 Aug 2022

So NI replied to my ticket and told me to try "Native Access 2".

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... -access-2/

My version of Native Access was up to date, but I guess you have to make the decision to choose to download Native Access 2? I had no idea it existed.

I'll see if this works.

• Information