I forgot how to activate the PredatorRE filters when you want to route something via it

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Heigen5

28 Jul 2022

I forgot how to activate the PredatorRE filters when you want to route something via it. The back-panels Filter button IS activated, but the filters aren't still not working.
The 3 FX-slots DO work by the way. I think I had the same situation already many years backwards and somehow figured it out then, but right now I don't remember what it was.
Anyone?

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2022

I don't have the immediate answer.

But perhaps send some midi/cvgate through the Predator (like with Thors filter 1 and 2 and the Legend)
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Heigen5

28 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
28 Jul 2022
I don't have the immediate answer.

But perhaps send some midi/cvgate through the Predator (like with Thors filter 1 and 2 and the Legend)

Ok, I tried many ways and right now I get them playing only by triggering The combi itself with my midi-keyboard. In the other trial, I also routed the Thor Gate into the Combi Gate In, but then the Thor's sequencer sounded stepped. I attached a .reason file, where I tried to achieve my goal.
Combi_2_Toolbox1_alt.zip
(768.84 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
How would I get the Filters on all the time, without a need to press down the combinator with my midi-keyboard? :lol:
Last edited by Heigen5 on 28 Jul 2022, edited 1 time in total.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2022

Heigen5 wrote:
28 Jul 2022
How would I get the Filters on all the time, without a need to press down the combinator with my midi-keyboard? :lol:
It cam generally work with CV as well. So take something like Pulsar and send it to the CV gate input.

The above works with Thor as well if you want it's Filter 1 and Filter 2 to be 'always on' as well

Heigen5

28 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
28 Jul 2022
Heigen5 wrote:
28 Jul 2022
It cam generally work with CV as well. So take something like Pulsar and send it to the CV gate input.

The above works with Thor as well if you want it's Filter 1 and Filter 2 to be 'always on' as well
Pulsar could work but it isn't linear, as then the sound is "pulsing". I'd like the sound being 100% open, without any waving. But yeah, I actually gotta wonder why Predator requires this, to make the filters work? Thanks for your input so far. And if I'm not doing it right at the moment, feel free to advice on this.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2022

It won't be pulsing if you set the rate high enough and add some release to Predator's amp env

Heigen5

29 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
28 Jul 2022
It won't be pulsing if you set the rate high enough and add some release to Predator's amp env
Even with a max-high rate it causes noise - otherwise it's doing what I need. If you somehow CAN get it right, could you make an example .reason file and post it here? :-)

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2022

Change Predator to Mono Legato I think or Retrig. Camt remember. That should get rid of the noisey cuts.

Do you have R12? Would you like it combinator format?

Heigen5

29 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
29 Jul 2022
Change Predator to Mono Legato I think or Retrig. Camt remember. That should get rid of the noisey cuts.

Do you have R12? Would you like it combinator format?
I have R12 yes. I'd appreciate if you'd make a combi example of this, cheers!

Mattvank

30 Jul 2022

On the backside are the buttons for the routing. Under input are filter, FX and Vocoder.

geronimo

30 Jul 2022

For precision _ ;)

exrernalFX.jpg
exrernalFX.jpg (290.46 KiB) Viewed 825 times

Heigen5

30 Jul 2022

The advice here isn't valid guys, as the filter button works only when midi triggers it, so if you build an instrument combi, - then it works, but you can't build an effect combi without sending midi into that combi.

Heigen5

30 Jul 2022

Ok, I found a solution now and it's a bit stupid that this method didn't appear for me already earlier. So yeah, I created a Polystep Sequencer Player for the Predator and draw a full length note from the beginning to the very end, so now the Filter is always on. I might share my combi2 effect later on when I get it finished. So yeah, the Filter doesn't work when you want to build an effect combi, without midi triggering it. And yes, if you'd build an instrument, then you'd not need this kind of a trick then.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, cheers!

deeplink
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2022

Cool glad you found your own solution.

Not sure what issue you were facing, but for clarity, the solution I provided above does work. Here is the combinator - no polystep required. Just CV as described
Attachments
Predator Filter.zip
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Heigen5

30 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
30 Jul 2022
Cool glad you found your own solution.

Not sure what issue you were facing, but for clarity, the solution I provided above does work. Here is the combinator - no polystep required. Just CV as described
I got it working in the same way too, but it is pulsating a tidy bit, which you can notice well, when adding a bit reso.
The pulsating indicator also pulses a bit. My method is 100% clean in the soundwise.
But yeah, thanks for your help anyway. :cool:

Heigen5

30 Jul 2022

I am still working on this but here's what I have atm.
Rob_Papen_Predator_Combi2_FX1.zip
(9.68 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

• Information