BV-X Vocoder

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
david1806

28 Jul 2022

Hi all....

I am trying to find a basic tutorial on how to simply use the vocoder to FX my vocal samples in my NN-XT....any help massively appreciated!

Yonatan

28 Jul 2022

Cant help but need to say I hoped this device would not be as nice as is, but it is very nice so I has to add it to my wish list. ☺️

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2022

What are you trying to achieve. Unlike other vocoders, the setup required at minimum is really simple. Just drag and drop it in.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

david1806

29 Jul 2022

deeplink wrote:
28 Jul 2022
What are you trying to achieve. Unlike other vocoders, the setup required at minimum is really simple. Just drag and drop it in.
Hi deeplink

So, I right-click on my NN-XT, add the vododer to it, and it kinda works. I always have to hit the 'Auto Play' button (picture attached) otherwise I get nothing. I just have a feeling that I am not getting the sound it should be making, and I thought you had to have a carrier and modulator and all that malarkey?
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-07-30 025030.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-30 025030.jpg (36.36 KiB) Viewed 463 times

moofi

29 Jul 2022

There is an integrated carrier (synth) that plays along when you activate auto play. If you want an external source, like a different synth, sampler or whatsoever you can use the external carrier input on the back and swap to external carrier input on the front. And yes unless you are using an external source you would always have to check autoplay or at least play the integrated synth via midi otherwise there is no carrier playing to be modulated. Anyway, with the integrated synth it´s very easy to get it going compared to other vocooders where you always have to connect a carrier manually.
david1806 wrote:
29 Jul 2022
deeplink wrote:
28 Jul 2022
Hi deeplink

So, I right-click on my NN-XT, add the vododer to it, and it kinda works. I always have to hit the 'Auto Play' button (picture attached) otherwise I get nothing. I just have a feeling that I am not getting the sound it should be making, and I thought you had to have a carrier and modulator and all that malarkey?

• Information