Korg Synth Bundle on sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2022

πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Mataya

27 Jul 2022

I love them when they go into unison mode. Don't forget about the millions of random patches from Lectric panda free refill.

https://lectricpanda.com/Lectric%20Pand ... noPoly.rfl

tx
M

StephenHutchinson

27 Jul 2022

Got that bundle on sale a little while ago... pretty damn good stuff! :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2022

Pretty cool, but I've got the VST πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

crimsonwarlock

27 Jul 2022

I was also going to post this, but MrFigg beat me to it. I've got them a few years ago myself (in a similar sale), but there are a few members on the forum here that were waiting for a sale on these.
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

thedude

27 Jul 2022

^^ I was one of them, but they were on sale during may madness for the same price so i scooped them up.

They sound awesome considering how old they are; one of the great mysteries of life, ha.

huggermugger

27 Jul 2022

I lucked out on three vintage 'biggies' a few years ago, $25 each (!). A fairly recent upgrade has kept them interesting and they sure do sound nice.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.42.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.42.25 PM.png (374.11 KiB) Viewed 2113 times

rickrubin

27 Jul 2022

so these are from 2014 it seems? didnt sell that well I guess as I haven't seen more recent releases from Korg...?
anyway, thanks for the post, will buy these!

WOO

27 Jul 2022

Man, I wish I hadn't sold my pristine quality korg mono/poly years ago.

huggermugger

27 Jul 2022

WOO wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2022
Man, I wish I hadn't sold my pristine quality korg mono/poly years ago.
I owned two of them at one point. Wonderful machines!

thedude

27 Jul 2022

rickrubin wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2022
so these are from 2014 it seems? didnt sell that well I guess as I haven't seen more recent releases from Korg...?
Korg is still pretty busy with VSTs - it's just RE development that is dead.

They recently launched the Prophecy, minikorg 700s, Triton , opsix and wavestate.

challism

27 Jul 2022

These two look so similar to me, I always forget which one I actually have. I just had to check and it seems I've got MonoPoly (from the synth rig bundle years ago). I must confess I haven't put much time into it at all. I'm curious how it compares to Polysix.

What are the main differences between these two synths?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

thedude

27 Jul 2022

challism wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2022
These two look so similar to me, I always forget which one I actually have. I just had to check and it seems I've got MonoPoly (from the synth rig bundle years ago). I must confess I haven't put much time into it at all. I'm curious how it compares to Polysix.

The m/p is a much more fully featured poly synth - 2 actual envelopes, cross mod/sync, small mod matrix at the bottom.

Poly six, to me, has a couple of unique things going for it: dedicated sub oscillator, and the chorus/ensemble effect (very similar in importance to juno chorus.)

I have no shame in saying i basically bought Polysix for Fatline bass preset, lol.

crimsonwarlock

28 Jul 2022

challism wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2022
thedude wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2022
I have no shame in saying i basically bought Polysix for Fatline bass preset, lol.
The PolySix is THE bass line machine for synth wave :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

jonnyretina

28 Jul 2022

27 Jul 2022
They are Rack Extensions from 2014 featuring DSP originally released in 2004 and 2007! Just goes to show how good KORG's developers are that these still sound so good so many years later.

amanitamix

28 Jul 2022

Just purchased the Korg Synth Bundle. Three thumbs up!!! The sounds are amazing!

dvdrtldg

28 Jul 2022

I love MonoPoly and have my eye on Polysix but I know it goes on sale for $25 from time to time, will wait

arnigretar

28 Jul 2022

Those are great soft synths. Old, but still sound great. I have the PolySix RE and then the Legacy Collection.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

ekss
RE Developer

28 Jul 2022

jonnyretina wrote: ↑
28 Jul 2022
27 Jul 2022
They are Rack Extensions from 2014 featuring DSP originally released in 2004 and 2007! Just goes to show how good KORG's developers are that these still sound so good so many years later.

The 1.06 update is from 2014. Actually they where some of the first REs, released already in Mars 2010 when 6.5 and REs where introduced.
I believe RS wanted Korg, Uhe, Softube and some other established devs onboard from the start, maybe they even helped them to port the vsts to RE format.
I have both PolySix & Mono/Poly and also the Legacy collection vst’s, great stuff! Quite mind blowing that the dsp is nearly 20years old, soon vintage software πŸ˜„

thedude

28 Jul 2022

man, what a dream it would be to have UHE Diva in RE format. i love using the VST, but would love it even more without floating windows.

jonnyretina

29 Jul 2022

ekss wrote: ↑
28 Jul 2022
28 Jul 2022

The 1.06 update is from 2014. Actually they where some of the first REs, released already in Mars 2010 when 6.5 and REs where introduced.
I believe RS wanted Korg, Uhe, Softube and some other established devs onboard from the start, maybe they even helped them to port the vsts to RE format.
I have both PolySix & Mono/Poly and also the Legacy collection vst’s, great stuff! Quite mind blowing that the dsp is nearly 20years old, soon vintage software πŸ˜„
I stand corrected, cheers Ekss. I'd forgotten just how long REs have been around for now. It's amazing to think just how limited the CPU power was when such vintage DSP was originally written. Polysix VST came out when the best Intel on the market was still the Pentium 4.

SebAudio

30 Jul 2022

29 Jul 2022
ekss wrote: ↑
28 Jul 2022

I stand corrected, cheers Ekss. I'd forgotten just how long REs have been around for now. It's amazing to think just how limited the CPU power was when such vintage DSP was originally written. Polysix VST came out when the best Intel on the market was still the Pentium 4.
Well, the DSP shows its age. No wonder nobody is going to use the Korg versus the new Arturia ms-20. Korg’ s more recent Odyssey and minikorg are far better.

jonnyretina

30 Jul 2022

SebAudio wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2022
29 Jul 2022

Well, the DSP shows its age. No wonder nobody is going to use the Korg versus the new Arturia ms-20. Korg’s more recent Odyssey and minikorg are far better.
The Korg Odyssey is great and definitely has more richness but the Polysix and Monopoly can both still sound great; especially once you stack them together. They definitely sound better than you'd think given their age and can still work perfectly well in a track.

• Information