akai midimix problem

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
me-yourself-and-them

27 Jul 2022

hi guys,

got big problems with a akai midimix. i assigned the top 3 rotary knobs to different effects on different lines. working well. however, as soon as i use a octo rex all of its parameters ALSO respond to many knobs i already assigned to different instruments. how can that be, especially when octo rex not even active? how do i stop octo rex from responding to midimix? i sure could assign midimix to one sepcific instrument. but the purpose of that little one is to control multiple tracks and effects.

cheers
frank

artotaku

27 Jul 2022

Can you please check if the MIDI track in Reason sequencer for the Dr. Octorex is selected/has focus? If so the remote mappings of the remote codec of your MIDI controller for Dr. Octorex also apply.

If you want to avoid this delete the MIDI track but not the device or select a MIDI track of another device that has no remote mappings.

For permanent removal of the remote mapping you can also out comment it in the remote mapping file of remote codec of your MIDI controller.

rmtcvolte

27 Jul 2022

The only way I see this will happen is, if you have your midimix set up as advanced midi device.

• Information