VST3 within Reason Standalone

Discuss VST stuff here!
ahh_ceh

08 Jul 2022

Hi guys! Here's my *2nd* attempt at a first post. I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this topic, as I cannot find anything on the internet about it.

I was given licenses to two new plugins by a newer company, but unfortunately they are only VST3.
I'm a longtime Reason user (Been using since Reason 3). Used to slave it to Pro Tools and have been using it in standalone since 2009. I love the flow so much more for being creative and making music, so I'm a little letdown to find out that my Reason 10 to 12 upgrade didn't add VST3 integration.
Granted, some of the newer features and extensions are REALLY cool.
I was just wondering if anybody knew if VST3 is something Reason Studios plans to implement into their software.

Can't find anything on the topic, except for the fact that Reason can run as a VST3 in OTHER software.
I don't want to learn a new software. I want everything in my existing environment.
Thanks.

(Hope this post makes it past the mods. It's a little upsetting to be accused of only coming on here to promote other software when I'm legitimately asking a question and want to talk to other Reason enthusiasts)
Music producer . Artist . Touring drummer
https://www.flowcode.com/page/ahh-ceh
^^ to follow me on all socials, and watch my music videos

WOO

08 Jul 2022

Too the best of my knowledge, they are working on vst3 implementation in reason. Sometime by the end of the year or beginning of next year.

challism

08 Jul 2022

Sorry that your first post got declined. I can't speak for the mod who declined it, but we do make mistakes sometimes. Maybe it looked like spam or something, IDK.

Anyway... welcome to the forum. We are happy to have you here.

So this topic has been discussed to death, and is still being discussed to death. I'm surprised you haven't been able to find anything on it because it's mentioned in so many threads. RS released at least two roadmaps (*maybe 3 now?) earlier this year that mentioned they are working on VST3 support. They are still working on it and it will be included in a free R12 update at some point in the future. YOu can probably find more info about it here:
search.php?keywords=vst3&fid%5B0%5D=6
and
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7528226
and
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7527385&p=607643&hi ... ap#p607643
and so on

Reportedly, VST3s can be used in Reason standalone. You need to use some kind of wrapper such as Kushview Element: https://github.com/kushview/Element/rel ... 0.41.1.dmg and https://github.com/kushview/Element/rel ... 0.41.1.exe
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

08 Jul 2022

:lol: yeah the mods can get a little sensitive from time to time but their mostly human ;)

Elements might have legitimate use in trying out vst3 devices inside Reason standalone but it's not entirely great.

R12 "should" receive an update for "free" that possibly has vst3 support before the end of year "2022" however in reality who the fu*k actually knows or even believes this is unclear :o

Quite a few options are available for you to try out vst3 devices but most of us are still reluctant to state the obvious we brought Live 11, while we wait for R13 or R14 :thumbup:

ahh_ceh

22 Jul 2022

Thank you guys for your responses! I actually started finding stuff about the uncertainty of a vst3 date while I was waiting on this thread to be approved. Kept searching youtube and google.
I think most of what was coming up for me was that you can use Reason itself as a VST3 plugin.
But yea. I suppose I'll wait up on that.

This new plugin I got ended up being OKAY and so it's not something I'll miss being able to use in Reason. Couple of good sounds, so I'm okay with just being able to use it in Pro Tools.

*btw*

Trying out Umpf Retro Beats for the first time and DAMN. Those drums are soooo sick.
Music producer . Artist . Touring drummer
https://www.flowcode.com/page/ahh-ceh
^^ to follow me on all socials, and watch my music videos

dezma

26 Jul 2022

It's going to be there end of 2021 according to the roadmap :puf_wink:

I don't understand why they keep on releasing these new devices nobody is waiting for while basic functions are still missing

jam-s

26 Jul 2022

dezma wrote:
26 Jul 2022

I don't understand why they keep on releasing these new devices nobody is waiting for while basic functions are still missing
That's easy: The task of creating a new RE can easily be outsorced, while working on the core of the program takes staff who is familiar with the reason code base and there might actually only a few developers left at RS with this skill set/knowledge.

mimidancer

26 Jul 2022

ahh_ceh wrote:
08 Jul 2022
Hi guys! Here's my *2nd* attempt at a first post. I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this topic, as I cannot find anything on the internet about it.

I was given licenses to two new plugins by a newer company, but unfortunately they are only VST3.
I'm a longtime Reason user (Been using since Reason 3). Used to slave it to Pro Tools and have been using it in standalone since 2009. I love the flow so much more for being creative and making music, so I'm a little letdown to find out that my Reason 10 to 12 upgrade didn't add VST3 integration.
Granted, some of the newer features and extensions are REALLY cool.
I was just wondering if anybody knew if VST3 is something Reason Studios plans to implement into their software.

Can't find anything on the topic, except for the fact that Reason can run as a VST3 in OTHER software.
I don't want to learn a new software. I want everything in my existing environment.
Thanks.

(Hope this post makes it past the mods. It's a little upsetting to be accused of only coming on here to promote other software when I'm legitimately asking a question and want to talk to other Reason enthusiasts)
I too am looking forward to vst3 in reason. But for now, Bluecat allows me to use vst3s in reason. I use bluecat to run wavestate in reason and it works well. before reason could run vst2 I used bluecat to run my Roland cloud stuff. I also use it to run a free granular effect thing from VT youtube. Bluecat takes a few minutes to set up and I recommend you make a prest for each vst 3 you want to run. So you don;t have to set up the controls every launch.

moneykube

27 Jul 2022

the time has come.... VST 3 please... bought your new product ...THE AWESOM REASON 12.
Again I am still waiting for promises to be realized( and not the first time.... before I install it)
User since 2.5 and rebirth... seen it all... COME ON NOW... please do what you said in this lifetime :!: DO IT
OR... free 13 licences when you finally do what you say... holding my breath.
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.34.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.34.03 AM.png (228.41 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
AND NOT JUST STAND ALONE PLEASE
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

27 Jul 2022

dezma wrote:
26 Jul 2022

hmmm and it's 2022...
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.41.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.41.25 AM.png (248.81 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

fix the program... do what you said and stop new devices till u get your shit together !!!!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.44.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.44.30 AM.png (266.52 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

moneykube

27 Jul 2022

moneykube

27 Jul 2022