re-edit | preview

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
pongasoft
RE Developer

22 Jul 2022

I was able to make a little video showing the progress with re-edit so far... sorry for the non-centered introduction and low resolution image... learning the ropes!

- integration with re-mock allows for loading and changing the value of all properties live (used for visibility switch for example)
- handle drag/move for position widgets
- add/duplicate/delete widgets
- note that I missed to mention the fact that most selection lists are filtered. For example, when I choose an image for the screw, the list of possible images is filtered to show only images that have 1 frame (this is why the knob images do not appear in the list)
- much more...

challism

22 Jul 2022

This is amazing, Yan. Thank you for building it. Seems like an excellent tool for those who want to make REs but don't know how. I'm excited to see what REs might come to the shop as a result of using RE Edit.

Also, today I learned that Yan calls GUI a "gooey".
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pongasoft
RE Developer

22 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
22 Jul 2022
This is amazing, Yan. Thank you for building it. Seems like an excellent tool for those who want to make REs but don't know how. I'm excited to see what REs might come to the shop as a result of using RE Edit.

Also, today I learned that Yan calls GUI a "gooey".
I guess I should clarify that by WYSIWYG, I really meant that the original goal is to handle the UI part of the rack extension (essentially the generation/modification of hdgui_2d.lua / device_2d.lua). It is certainly possible to extend later but that is not the original goal :)

Loque

22 Jul 2022

Yea, looks pretty amazing and i can see future improvements/extensions coming. But first things first...

Well done, Yan!
Reason12, Win10

moofi

22 Jul 2022

Looks good

• Information