Kushview Element - free open source VST3 to VST2 bridge for Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
diminished
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Sep 2020

You can't get midi out of the plugin into Reason, you can pump it into other VST's inside of Elements.

From standalone you can get midi out and pump it into Reason via a controller.. You can also get midi from Reason via the EMI\Midi out device into standalone elements.
Thank you for the clarification. Loading RRP in Reason itself along with all other VST3s is a total game changer and will net me the results I'm looking for - a satisfying solution until we have native VST3 support and VST MIDI out.

(Now I'm even more convinced that not allowing transmission of VST MIDI out within Reason is just a move to protect the Player market.)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2020

diminished wrote:
19 Sep 2020
(Now I'm even more convinced that not allowing transmission of VST MIDI out within Reason is just a move to protect the Player market.)
Perhaps that is what they thought, but then there are no Player to compete with Scaler and several other of the Midi VST FX that are hugely popular, so they essentially lock themselves out of the market. To me this move (if that's what it is) would make as much sense as keeping Reason monophonic to protect the Subtractor market.

Could also be that it is a major engine re-write required to get free midi routing and multi-channel management, like the buffer size re-write debacle last year. The rack and the sequencer comes after all from two separate programs that were merged, and the Players only do midi stuff inside the rack, except the "send to track" function, but that one requires the sequencer to actually run and you have to sit and watch it do just that. So this may be a bigger SW issue than anyone on the outside has previously thought about.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

Boombastix wrote:
19 Sep 2020
diminished wrote:
19 Sep 2020
Perhaps that is what they thought, but then there are no Player to compete with Scaler and several other of the Midi VST FX that are hugely popular, so they essentially lock themselves out of the market. To me this move (if that's what it is) would make as much sense as keeping Reason monophonic to protect the Subtractor market.

Could also be that it is a major engine re-write required to get free midi routing and multi-channel management, like the buffer size re-write debacle last year. The rack and the sequencer comes after all from two separate programs that were merged, and the Players only do midi stuff inside the rack, except the "send to track" function, but that one requires the sequencer to actually run and you have to sit and watch it do just that. So this may be a bigger SW issue than anyone on the outside has previously thought about.
I would say it's a major rewrite.

I did wonder if they could do a player VST interface purely for Midi only and yes I understand it would be omni but it's a start :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2020

Just got around to trying this again and...Kushview rocks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2020

Anybody know if Kushview can bridge 32bit plugins into Reason?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
07 Oct 2020
No it can't, 64 bit all the way...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
07 Oct 2020
No it can't, 64 bit all the way...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

14 May 2021

Oh sweet ... now I can use Zenology in Reason!

provinceofnowhere

23 Jun 2021

So happy someone made a cheaper alternative to Bluecat. However, I cannot for the life of me work out how to disconnect a routing once it's set up. I'm having to scrap a session and start all over again. Any ideas? @Carly

mcatalao
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2021

I also use Kushview Elements, it's stable and works great.

I only have 2 VST's that don't have VST2 versions, but it works great with both them (one of them being Melodyne 5 which dropped VST2 support in this version).

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2021

provinceofnowhere wrote:
23 Jun 2021
So happy someone made a cheaper alternative to Bluecat. However, I cannot for the life of me work out how to disconnect a routing once it's set up. I'm having to scrap a session and start all over again. Any ideas? @Carly
You just click and hold on the connecting wire and move your mouse just slightly left or right and the release the mouse..

Hashmoder

23 Jun 2021

I found kushview way too complicated for me. I found DDMF MetaPlugin to be more robust and way easier to use. MetaPlugin is not expensive at all and totally worth the money. Works flawlessly in Reason and other apps.

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

visheshl

23 Jun 2021

Thanks for the link. I used to use this plugin in Ableton Live on my Mac. Very useful if you want to use reason players with other vsts. Using this you can have a single track instead of one midi track and one instrument track in Ableton.
I just got a new pc, had forgotten about this plugin. Downloading it now

bluesydude

17 Jul 2022

I'm still not getting sound from EZDrummer 3. Any suggestions?

Using Reason is a lot like being married in the sense that you love it but it can seriously get on your last nerve! :D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2022

bluesydude wrote:
17 Jul 2022
I'm still not getting sound from EZDrummer 3. Any suggestions?

Using Reason is a lot like being married in the sense that you love it but it can seriously get on your last nerve! :D
Have you tried standalone?

When ever I have any funnies (yes that means I giggle a lot using Reason) break down your problem, in this case you can run Kushview standalone, so try and get EZDrummer working there first, then repeat that setup via the VST plugin etc.

I don't own EZDrummer however it should look something like this..

Basic Setup
Basic Setup.jpg
Basic Setup.jpg (413.85 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
Each to it's own mix channel in Reason
Each Channel Setup.jpg
Each Channel Setup.jpg (423.06 KiB) Viewed 1972 times

bluesydude

22 Jul 2022

Thanks Carly!

EZDrummer 3 is working in Reason! I was missing the connection of the MIDI in to the VST.

Dolan

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2022

bluesydude wrote:
22 Jul 2022
Thanks Carly!

EZDrummer 3 is working in Reason! I was missing the connection of the MIDI in to the VST.

Dolan
Good to hear...

In this video I show how to get Midi out of a VST back into Reason using Kushview :)

bluesydude

23 Jul 2022

Cool video even though I have no understanding of what you are doing. :crazy:
Keep up the great work and I appreciate your support of this community.

QVadis

07 Dec 2022

Kushview Elements is almost a Godsend for reason users

EnochLight

07 Dec 2022

QVadis wrote:
07 Dec 2022
Oh? how so?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2022

EnochLight wrote:
07 Dec 2022
QVadis wrote:
07 Dec 2022
Oh? how so?
I would say mainly on the Midi side of things, also yes for VST3 as well however that point will be mute for a lot of people soon, I will still need\use it as I just stated for the midi side of things.

Billy+

07 Dec 2022

EnochLight wrote:
07 Dec 2022

Oh? how so?
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Dec 2022
I would say mainly on the Midi side of things, also yes for VST3 as well however that point will be mute for a lot of people soon, I will still need\use it as I just stated for the midi side of things.
Even when vst3 gets implemented in Reason we are still going to have to rely on using 3rd party wrappers for certain vst's even vst3 devices as again midi support will be missing.

drno
RE Developer

07 Dec 2022

I have get an error in Reason, if I open a midi port and assign a channel with Elements, and try to open the same midi port with Reason's Midi Out device on another channel it throws a midi port busy error. Does anyone have the same thing?

dvdrtldg

07 Dec 2022

So if I've got this right, I can use Element to get Scaler 2 playing other instruments in Reason? Can someone explain how to set this up? I've been futzing around with it, but can't get it to work

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2022

drno wrote:
07 Dec 2022
I have get an error in Reason, if I open a midi port and assign a channel with Elements, and try to open the same midi port with Reason's Midi Out device on another channel it throws a midi port busy error. Does anyone have the same thing?
Works for me, I think this is what you are doing? (I'm running 1.46.6)
8s2YNneacr.jpg
8s2YNneacr.jpg (58.24 KiB) Viewed 1387 times

• Information