[Electro/Minimalism/Ambient/Experimental] Drifting Through Drifters

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Chizmata

13 Jul 2022

hello folks,

this is my new track with r11 suite. it is built from 3 short polymetric phrases which systematically interact throughout the track with the support of audio and CV effects. the instruments are complex-1, europa and subtractor.

the picture it creates in my mind is drifting through the deep sea between whales and luminescent jellyfish.

i appreciate if you appreciate it!

motuscott

13 Jul 2022

Nice. That sea diving ReasonTalker fella should be able to get behind your description.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Chizmata

15 Jul 2022

motuscott wrote:
13 Jul 2022
Nice. That sea diving ReasonTalker fella should be able to get behind your description.
thanks for giving it a shot!

Citizencain23

15 Jul 2022

Nicely done, Feels like its about to turn into an early Fluke track, no bad thing!

strangers
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2022

Very interesting stuff. I always like checking out what you've come up with. The deep sea visual you mentioned is very fitting. Drifting Through Drifters really does have an underwater atmosphere. You can tell when you're getting too close to the jellyfish. Calmness puts you closer to the sea floor where you'd encounter the more unusual creatures.

I'd be interested in some of the ways you use CV. I recently trialed a few CV effects like Pistons and wasn't really gelling with it. I found myself falling back to Pulsar and drawing my own automation lanes. That was more of my comfort zone.

Chizmata

17 Jul 2022

Citizencain23 wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Nicely done, Feels like its about to turn into an early Fluke track, no bad thing!
thanks for listening!
strangers wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Very interesting stuff. I always like checking out what you've come up with. The deep sea visual you mentioned is very fitting. Drifting Through Drifters really does have an underwater atmosphere. You can tell when you're getting too close to the jellyfish. Calmness puts you closer to the sea floor where you'd encounter the more unusual creatures.

I'd be interested in some of the ways you use CV. I recently trialed a few CV effects like Pistons and wasn't really gelling with it. I found myself falling back to Pulsar and drawing my own automation lanes. That was more of my comfort zone.
thanks for listening too, strangers!

the way i use CV, huh? thats quite a big question :D . i can tell you how i began - i used to be an automation guy too and started getting into CV years later. I learned that in CV you gotta accept the limits of customization and work with what you have - but that is just a different way to be creative. it does have some advantages over automation, like the ability to apply effects per voice instead of global, as well as the possibility to combine CV values through scaling, adding, multiplying etc. before you send them to an actual knob.

i dont think you need extra REs to start, thor is pretty great to start and complex-1 expands it :thumbs_up:

Uman's

17 Jul 2022

it sends shivers down my spine, sure now that our friend is extraterrestrial ! :clap:

Warning: the abuse of alpha waves can reduce us to slaves ! :puf_bigsmile:

Nice travel.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Chizmata

19 Jul 2022

Uman's wrote:
17 Jul 2022
it sends shivers down my spine, sure now that our friend is extraterrestrial ! :clap:

Warning: the abuse of alpha waves can reduce us to slaves ! :puf_bigsmile:

Nice travel.
Thx!

Uman's

19 Jul 2022

So you admit to being an extraterrestrial? at least you don't contradict. :lol:
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Tomtom

22 Jul 2022

Chizmata wrote:
13 Jul 2022
hello folks,

this is my new track with r11 suite. it is built from 3 short polymetric phrases which systematically interact throughout the track with the support of audio and CV effects. the instruments are complex-1, europa and subtractor.

the picture it creates in my mind is drifting through the deep sea between whales and luminescent jellyfish.

Really cool track. But what impresses me more are the used synths. I really like how you made them sound. (Europa always sound so digital when i use it :D )

Chizmata

23 Jul 2022

Tomtom wrote:
22 Jul 2022
Chizmata wrote:
13 Jul 2022
hello folks,

Really cool track. But what impresses me more are the used synths. I really like how you made them sound. (Europa always sound so digital when i use it :D )
thx a lot! i know what you mean with europa :D

RTFX

24 Jul 2022

Exquisite!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Synthopathe

24 Jul 2022

Definitely felt like an undersea voyage. Really nice sound design. Electric eels came to mind with the rich noisy swells.

Chizmata

25 Jul 2022

Synthopathe wrote:
24 Jul 2022
Definitely felt like an undersea voyage. Really nice sound design. Electric eels came to mind with the rich noisy swells.
thx a lot!

• Information