Ekssperimental Sounds New Retro Fx Bundle (holly shajz)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Mataya

15 Jul 2022

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... fx-bundle/

I have such a long list of devices I want from these guy/girl/s, but it's just to much to spend.
I wish other people can and will buy, because Ekss deserves it.

Great stuff man.

tx
Mataya
Last edited by Mataya on 24 Jul 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Overtherainbow

15 Jul 2022

any chances we can get this bundle in rewards? and drumsyn/synr drums / 6-channel mixer bundle? :D

ekss
RE Developer

15 Jul 2022

Overtherainbow wrote:
15 Jul 2022
any chances we can get this bundle in rewards? and drumsyn/synr drums / 6-channel mixer bundle? :D
6ch is currently on sale, I think Drumsyn+Synr will come in a bundle for a sale later this year.
This new bundle might end up in the reward shop later :)

ekss
RE Developer

15 Jul 2022

Mataya wrote:
15 Jul 2022
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... fx-bundle/

I have such a long list of devices I want from these guy/girl/s, but it's just to much to spend.
I wish other people can and will buy, because Ekss deserves it.

Great stuff man.

tx
Mataya
Thanks mate! Eventually all things will be on sale, check out the current flash sale, a few selected REs got 50% off: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/deal ... tal+Sounds

moofi

16 Jul 2022

Currently out of reach, yet very much liking EKSS playtoys. The new Retro FX sound pleasant aswell.

supersmarter

16 Jul 2022

Amazing. One of my favorite developer. Easy purchase.

RandomNoise

16 Jul 2022

Check out this techno raw jam if you want to hear them in action :D Love their dark and dirty tone, very musical effects that add great atmosphere and texture. Specially love that reverb! Yet another beautiful looking and sounding REs from EKSS! 🙌

MuttReason

16 Jul 2022

Just bought Reverb AK11. Absolutely monster RE. Some of the best ambient reverbs I've ever heard in software, easily beats Eventide Blackhole (one of my go-to reverb plugins). It's up there with my Strymon Big Sky reverb guitar effect pedal (the number 1 best ambient reverb in hardware IMHO). Great job Eks - it's fantastic.

ekss
RE Developer

16 Jul 2022

MuttReason wrote:
16 Jul 2022
Just bought Reverb AK11. Absolutely monster RE. Some of the best ambient reverbs I've ever heard in software, easily beats Eventide Blackhole (one of my go-to reverb plugins). It's up there with my Strymon Big Sky reverb guitar effect pedal (the number 1 best ambient reverb in hardware IMHO). Great job Eks - it's fantastic.
Wow, thank you so much for these words! ❤️

MuttReason

16 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
16 Jul 2022
MuttReason wrote:
16 Jul 2022
Wow, thank you so much for these words! ❤️
You’re welcome! Thank you for creating it! It’s not often that an effects plugin, in its own right, can spark a bunch of song ideas. But this one has, for me anyway. It’s got a dark, dreamy vibe about it when using the more ambient algorithms (loving Cave and Rich Plate in particular) coupled with the pre-FX. So easy to get beautiful drifting atmospheric sounds. It really does remind me of the first time I hooked my Strymon Big Sky up to my hardware setup and thought OMG that is so cool. Same vibe with Reverb AK11 but with much more flexibility and a lot easier to do deep tweaks than a Big Sky. Love it.

rorystorm

16 Jul 2022

trying to keep my GAS under control. But.....

I wonder how possible it would be to have an option to control the pitch parameters with your keyboard? that way you could 'play' the delay or reverb in harmony with the sounds your effecting?

MuttReason

17 Jul 2022

rorystorm wrote:
16 Jul 2022

I wonder how possible it would be to have an option to control the pitch parameters with your keyboard? that way you could 'play' the delay or reverb in harmony with the sounds your effecting?
That would be cool but I'm guessing would be quite complicated to implement as this is an effect RE without a MIDI input (unlike a Vocoder). Alternatively... Ekss would it be possible to add a CV control for the Pre-FX Pitch knob to the back of the rack? It would be great to be able to adjust pitch shift tuning on the fly within ambient shimmer patches.

ekss
RE Developer

17 Jul 2022

MuttReason wrote:
17 Jul 2022
rorystorm wrote:
16 Jul 2022

That would be cool but I'm guessing would be quite complicated to implement as this is an effect RE without a MIDI input (unlike a Vocoder). Alternatively... Ekss would it be possible to add a CV control for the Pre-FX Pitch knob to the back of the rack? It would be great to be able to adjust pitch shift tuning on the fly within ambient shimmer patches.

I think it should be possible - DelayLine16 has midi input for the test tone generator, I just need to investigate how to translate it acuratly to the pitch shifter effect!l! Maybe a simple locked C3 = 0, G3 = + 7 with maximum C4 = +12…
I’m going on a couple of weeks vacation now but will dive into this afterwards:)

Cv input is no problem, I’ll try to make room on the back for it and a few additional parameters in the next update.

rorystorm

17 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
17 Jul 2022
MuttReason wrote:
17 Jul 2022

I think it should be possible - DelayLine16 has midi input for the test tone generator, I just need to investigate how to translate it acuratly to the pitch shifter effect!l! Maybe a simple locked C3 = 0, G3 = + 7 with maximum C4 = +12…
I’m going on a couple of weeks vacation now but will dive into this afterwards:)

Cv input is no problem, I’ll try to make room on the back for it and a few additional parameters in the next update.
Awesome! Thanks for considering it. Have a good holiday!

MuttReason

18 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
17 Jul 2022
MuttReason wrote:
17 Jul 2022

Star!! Thank you 🙏

Re8et
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2022

I trialled the hell out the bundle..
I made some recording of my process of testing this new gear from Ekss
(I included one NE fx also) And to the end, I got the full bundle... I will find space too test the vocoder someday :)
These fx sounds ultra unique. Organic, wide. All comes with some sort of comp or limiter so it never gets too loud.
6 Ch mixer is also at a discount.

moofi

19 Jul 2022

Very nice sound :thumbs_up:

Re8et wrote:
19 Jul 2022
I trialled the hell out the bundle..
I made some recording of my process of testing this new gear from Ekss
(I included one NE fx also) And to the end, I got the full bundle... I will find space too test the vocoder someday :)
These fx sounds ultra unique. Organic, wide. All comes with some sort of comp or limiter so it never gets too loud.
6 Ch mixer is also at a discount.

Mataya

20 Jul 2022

Retro Reverb is already my favorite. Definetely buying that one. But Industryalizer and Echo are next. And then The Big One, HexaTone. Or should I get Hexa first?
Would really consider everything bundle if Ekss offered one.

M

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2022

Mataya wrote:
20 Jul 2022
Retro Reverb is already my favorite. Definetely buying that one. But Industryalizer and Echo are next. And then The Big One, HexaTone. Or should I get Hexa first?

M
Get them! I did. Thewy are awesome. I expect Ekksperimental Sound to make free Auto - X - Comp now, by making a random musical contest that gives a random fx as gift.... :) It's really good... I would have swapped filter chain X8187 for that, but could not... very expensive Fx bundle.... totally worth it!

ekss
RE Developer

20 Jul 2022

Played around with Robotic Beans Portatron VST and Reverb AK11 + DelayLine16 in this stream:

MuttReason

20 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
20 Jul 2022
Played around with Robotic Beans Portatron VST and Reverb AK11 + DelayLine16 in this stream:

Nice! Makes it so easy to get massive warm and deep sounds.

challism

20 Jul 2022

Re8et wrote:
20 Jul 2022
Mataya wrote:
20 Jul 2022

M
Get them! I did. Thewy are awesome. I expect Ekksperimental Sound to make free Auto - X - Comp now, by making a random musical contest that gives a random fx as gift.... :) It's really good... I would have swapped filter chain X8187 for that, but could not... very expensive Fx bundle.... totally worth it!
I really enjoyed this jam. Thanks for sharing. It really makes me want to buy the bundle. Yeah, Ekss just keeps on building these great sounding/looking devices and my GAS list keeps growing longer. An everything bundle or build your own bundle, or complete my bundle would be awesome. Maybe someday the last two can be possible in the RS shop.
ekss wrote:
20 Jul 2022

I love this, Erik. It's such a nice, relaxing ambient sound. Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure what's making all the awesomeness in this jam session of yours... is it the Ekss Reverb, DelayLine or RB Portatron? I'm heavily considering buying the Reverb.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ekss
RE Developer

20 Jul 2022

challism wrote:
20 Jul 2022
ekss wrote:
20 Jul 2022

I love this, Erik. It's such a nice, relaxing ambient sound. Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure what's making all the awesomeness in this jam session of yours... is it the Ekss Reverb, DelayLine or RB Portatron? I'm heavily considering buying the Reverb.
Thanks Challism!
I think it’s the combination of it all, but I do encourage you to try reverb ak11, it’s a great tool for ambient pads of atmosphere :)

Mataya

21 Jul 2022

ekss wrote:
20 Jul 2022
challism wrote:
20 Jul 2022

Thanks Challism!
I think it’s the combination of it all, but I do encourage you to try reverb ak11, it’s a great tool for ambient pads of atmosphere :)
Seems to me the reverb again, is the star of the show. That predelay with feedback on the input. God! K'mon paycheck.

M

arnigretar

21 Jul 2022

Great deal on the Retro FX Bundle! I really don't need the delay and another vocoder -- but this reverb is gold. Instant purchase! Great job! Top of the line reverb for the rack. Highly recommended :-)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

• Information