(Techno) One step on your journey

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2022

latest track from me. went back to try and make a rumble bass as it has been a while.

As always any comments appreciated.

Synthopathe

15 Jul 2022

Sounds good. The melodic elements didn't sound as "joined up" as I've heard from you but I liked the sounds.

Citizencain23

15 Jul 2022

Cool stuff. Definitely has a late night out driving feel.
Couple of vehicle samples and you've got a speedway, Prodigy vibe.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Jul 2022

Popey, this was boss, right until the drop. Ffffff 🤨

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2022

Synthopathe wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Sounds good. The melodic elements didn't sound as "joined up" as I've heard from you but I liked the sounds.

Although not an afterthought i did spend more time on the drums, perc and rumble bass. I think there could be more cohesion on the arp and melody at the end so will probably tweak this.

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2022

Citizencain23 wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Thanks, i kinda find once I make a rumble bass it always ends up as more driving than melodic. Its just me :)

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Popey, this was boss, right until the drop. Ffffff 🤨
Messaged you Mr O.

One day i will get it 100% right...or die trying one of the two :lol:

Citizencain23

15 Jul 2022

Popey wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Citizencain23 wrote:
15 Jul 2022
Thanks, i kinda find once I make a rumble bass it always ends up as more driving than melodic. Its just me :)
Driving, rumble or
melodic it's all forward motion 🚘👌👍

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2022

Changed a few things based of feedback. same link as above

Uman's

16 Jul 2022

Sorry, but is this somewhat shy leading instrument voluntary?
it sounds like 1, 2, 3. and similar to a trumpet style. Curious.

As usual the mix is ​​very good.
I really liked the second part, but it still lacks a bit of madness for me.
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

moofi

16 Jul 2022

I would add some overall depth through longer reverbs. It´s a little upfront/shorttailed here. Especially because, though straight forward, it´s got quite a dreamy character, that would dissolve gladly into some longtailed spaces I feel. Tail automation and dry/wet automation can do a lot aswell.
As stated by Uman´s it could need some improvisional variation and firlefanz on top. Panorama movement is pleasant aswell :-)

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2022

Uman's wrote:
16 Jul 2022

You are perfectly right uman but in this track it was intentional as it is more focused on the driving rumble bass and drums/percussions synth sounds. Appreciate this style is not for everyone and thanks for listening 😊

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2022

moofi wrote:
16 Jul 2022
I would add some overall depth through longer reverbs. It´s a little upfront/shorttailed here. Especially because, though straight forward, it´s got quite a dreamy character, that would dissolve gladly into some longtailed spaces I feel. Tail automation and dry/wet automation can do a lot aswell.
As stated by Uman´s it could need some improvisional variation and firlefanz on top. Panorama movement is pleasant aswell :-)
Thanks for listening moofi. Longer reverb is a good shout and something I should try a bit more as most of my verbs are smaller room types apart from a couple of places (but these are sidechained to kick and clap so probably not long anymore 😂). The lack of melodic elements was an intentional choice on this but I see your point.

When you say about panorama movement do you mean it works well or needs more movement? There is quite a bit of panning so just trying to understand that part of your response.

moofi

17 Jul 2022

The already implemented panorama animation is working fine in general. More like talking about the width of the main synth sounds (lead and fx) and the drums. They are very centered even though there´s already a pingpong echo (?) going on at least on the lead, just a little too narrow and a little short I find. The dry/wet mix and feedback could vary here aswell. Regarding the drums they are also very much in the middle, though the percussive sounds are already nicely spread and animated. Would test some hihat spreading variation. And potentially move the clap a little to the sides or add a complimentary one for the sides.
Popey wrote:
17 Jul 2022
moofi wrote:
16 Jul 2022
Thanks for listening moofi. Longer reverb is a good shout and something I should try a bit more as most of my verbs are smaller room types apart from a couple of places (but these are sidechained to kick and clap so probably not long anymore 😂). The lack of melodic elements was an intentional choice on this but I see your point.

When you say about panorama movement do you mean it works well or needs more movement? There is quite a bit of panning so just trying to understand that part of your response.

moofi

17 Jul 2022

And I also like the simplicity of the lead, just a little something here and there happening with it could be pleasant. It could already be enough if you automate the reverb with an automated echo on top. The spacial variations could lift it here and there just enough out of the steadyness while still keeping the focus on it´s simplicity.

Uman's

17 Jul 2022

Popey wrote:
17 Jul 2022
Uman's wrote:
16 Jul 2022

You are perfectly right uman but in this track it was intentional as it is more focused on the driving rumble bass and drums/percussions synth sounds. Appreciate this style is not for everyone and thanks for listening 😊

I think you're cheating on us, you focused on the drums and rumble bass,
but forgot to work on the lead ! :puf_bigsmile:
It's not a matter of liking the style or not.
You make an elaborate piece from all sides and you give us a very ugly lead instrument.
I know you can do better ! This is not a criticism but an encouragement ! :lol:
Blow it up my friend, blow it all up!
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

Mattvank

30 Jul 2022

The base starts very very well but i was a little bit dissapointed when the melody comes in and i hope for an unexpected change. When it is a live jam when it´s absolutly okay.
I thought it goes in a similar direction like Anastasia from Scooter. Maybe thats my problem :)

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2022

Mattvank wrote:
30 Jul 2022
The base starts very very well but i was a little bit dissapointed when the melody comes in and i hope for an unexpected change. When it is a live jam when it´s absolutly okay.
I thought it goes in a similar direction like Anastasia from Scooter. Maybe thats my problem :)
I think that is fair feedback. My latest track is a lot more melody focused 😀

• Information